TRD Pro hidden winch and mount - TundraTalk.net - Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-30-2016, 03:56 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Arrow TRD Pro hidden winch and mount

Hello All - Trying to get a hidden winch and mount for 2016 TRD pro - any recommendations

DirtRider
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-30-2016, 04:05 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by allaukik View Post
Hello All - Trying to get a hidden winch and mount for 2016 TRD pro - any recommendations
SDHQ makes a hidden winch mount that works with an OEM bumper.

http://store.sdhqoffroad.com/2014tun...inchmount.aspx

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to Spook46 For This Useful Post:
allaukik (11-30-2016)
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-30-2016, 04:31 PM Thread Starter

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spook46 View Post
SDHQ makes a hidden winch mount that works with an OEM bumper.

2010+ Tundra Hidden Winch Mount

Can I just use their mount and use some standard winch (mix and match)

DirtRider

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-30-2016, 04:34 PM

I believe it works with the warn zeon series, I'm sure if you find one of similar size and bolt pattern it might work.

post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-30-2016, 09:37 PM

Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Theres a post here showing a guy using winch from harbor freight.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-02-2016, 06:27 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
I've been searching everywhere, and the SDHQ mount is the only one I've seen. I'm loving it and have read a lot of great feedback. They only "guarantee" the fit for the Zeon series, but it's said others will fit. The rationale behind the Zeon "certification" appears to be it's wireless feature (only available in the Platinum edition). Anything with a manual clutch will likely require additional bumper modification for access to the clutch switch. I'm planning to get the Zeon 12-S Platinum. You can buy the whole package directly from SDHQ, including their own wiring kit for relocating the control box...and, they sell a flip-up license plate holder that accommodates the mounting location of the fairlead. Smart solution IMHO.
The Following User Says Thank You to YoTundra For This Useful Post:
Spook46 (12-02-2016)
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-02-2016, 06:33 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 71 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by YoTundra View Post
I've been searching everywhere, and the SDHQ mount is the only one I've seen. I'm loving it and have read a lot of great feedback. They only "guarantee" the fit for the Zeon series, but it's said others will fit. The rationale behind the Zeon "certification" appears to be it's wireless feature (only available in the Platinum edition). Anything with a manual clutch will likely require additional bumper modification for access to the clutch switch. I'm planning to get the Zeon 12-S Platinum. You can buy the whole package directly from SDHQ, including their own wiring kit for relocating the control box...and, they sell a flip-up license plate holder that accommodates the mounting location of the fairlead. Smart solution IMHO.
I got one of the first SDHQ mounts when they came out. I have it paired with Zeon 12S and it's the bomb. Highly recommend. SDHQ is great to deal with and the mount is high quality. The mount has the standard bolt patterns - so others will work, but as stated previously access to clutch is issue behind the bumper. Wireless is probably best for this mount, but you could use some other winches if needed.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2016 1794 Edition 4x4 - BFG K02, Bilstein 6112/5160's rear / TRD Rear Sway Bar / TRD Front Skid Plate / BakFlip F1 / Headlight Revolution Stealth 32" Lightbar / Front window tint / ViaAir Constant Duty On Board Air / ARB Diff Breather / CB +2 Shackles / CB Front Shims / SDHQ Hidden Winch Bumper & Warn 12S Platinum Winch / Dual Battery with Solar Charging System.

MGMC#387
The Following User Says Thank You to Sav16CM For This Useful Post:
Spook46 (12-02-2016)
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-02-2016, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoTundra View Post
Didn't know they made a LP holder. It never crossed my mind about that, here in Texas it's law to have your front LP's displayed. Good to know, thanks for that!

post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-02-2016, 09:03 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spook46 View Post
Didn't know they made a LP holder. It never crossed my mind about that, here in Texas it's law to have your front LP's displayed. Good to know, thanks for that!
I live in the Houston area and drove an '89 Porsche 930 with no front license plate since '94 (just sold it last year). Been pulled over countless times for speeding and never got tagged for not having a front plate. I know it's required, but I never had a clean way of mounting a front plate to that car.

I've removed the front plate mount from the Tundra in anticipation of getting the winch/mount package we're discussing with fingers crossed, as I drive all over the Houston area on a daily basis. No trouble yet. I was thinking of getting this flip-up unit just in case. It's called the Flipster, and I believe it's actually made by Cascadia? Warrior also makes one, but SDHQ resells the Flipster, so I thought it would be easier to get everything from a single source. The Flipster is supposed to support either a Hawse or roller fairlead.

SDHQ's prices on these third-party products really aren't bad, but Warn is definitely proud of that Zeon Platinum. Big jump in price for the wireless version, but it's practically necessary to have remote control of the clutch in this case. No other way to reach the switch without cutting more out of the bumper, which largely defeats the clean result of the hidden mount in the first place.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-02-2016, 09:52 PM

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 150 Post(s)
The SDHQ mount is good. Lots of plate options. The ONLY down side to the warn winch is the price. I'm kinda glad to have a Lamborghini of winches.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0178_1480733023820.jpg (170.8 KB, 100 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0179_1480733070255.jpg (167.6 KB, 102 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0180_1480733137836.jpg (165.0 KB, 91 views)
File Type: png IMG_0184_1480733177380.PNG (1.66 MB, 94 views)
File Type: png IMG_0185_1480733232521.PNG (528.1 KB, 72 views)
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-05-2016, 12:32 PM

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Quoted: 212 Post(s)
https://www.tundratalk.net/forums/tun...nch-mount.html

Should take you to the post showing the SDHQ mount.

2015 Platinum Crewmax Superwhite 4x4 FFV;TRD Supercharger;TRD 2014 Fit Kit; Bullydog FFV Tune;TRD Dual Exhaust; Sequoia Front Sway bar,TRD Rear Sway Bar;TRD Skid Plate; TRD Pro Grill, 040 White Mirror Covers; 040 White Door Handles; ReadyLIFT 3"/2";Anzo LED 3rd Brake Light;8 - LED Rock Lights, Winjet LED Tail lights, LED Fog Lights, axle vent mod, SDHQ Hidden Winch Mount & 12000lb winch, Storm Trooper shift knob. BMF BATL wheels Michelin 295/65-20, NFAB Rail Mount Spare Tire Carrier. BOLT locks on everything.
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-05-2016, 12:40 PM

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Quoted: 212 Post(s)

Wiring After install completed.

2015 Platinum Crewmax Superwhite 4x4 FFV;TRD Supercharger;TRD 2014 Fit Kit; Bullydog FFV Tune;TRD Dual Exhaust; Sequoia Front Sway bar,TRD Rear Sway Bar;TRD Skid Plate; TRD Pro Grill, 040 White Mirror Covers; 040 White Door Handles; ReadyLIFT 3"/2";Anzo LED 3rd Brake Light;8 - LED Rock Lights, Winjet LED Tail lights, LED Fog Lights, axle vent mod, SDHQ Hidden Winch Mount & 12000lb winch, Storm Trooper shift knob. BMF BATL wheels Michelin 295/65-20, NFAB Rail Mount Spare Tire Carrier. BOLT locks on everything.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

TundraTalk.net - Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum > Tundra Discussion > Tundra Parts, Accessories and Exterior Mods

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TundraTalk.net - Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in