TundraTalk.net - Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum

TundraTalk.net - Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum (https://www.tundratalk.net/forums/)
-   Tundra Parts, Accessories and Exterior Mods (https://www.tundratalk.net/forums/tundra-parts-accessories-exterior-mods/)
-   -   TRD Pro hidden winch and mount (https://www.tundratalk.net/forums/tundra-parts-accessories-exterior-mods/640362-trd-pro-hidden-winch-mount.html)

allaukik 11-30-2016 03:56 PM

TRD Pro hidden winch and mount

Hello All - Trying to get a hidden winch and mount for 2016 TRD pro - any recommendations

Spook46 11-30-2016 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by allaukik (Post 8040122)
Hello All - Trying to get a hidden winch and mount for 2016 TRD pro - any recommendations

SDHQ makes a hidden winch mount that works with an OEM bumper.

http://store.sdhqoffroad.com/2014tun...inchmount.aspx

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

allaukik 11-30-2016 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spook46 (Post 8040138)
SDHQ makes a hidden winch mount that works with an OEM bumper.

2010+ Tundra Hidden Winch Mount

Can I just use their mount and use some standard winch (mix and match)

Spook46 11-30-2016 04:34 PM

I believe it works with the warn zeon series, I'm sure if you find one of similar size and bolt pattern it might work.

Gibzki 11-30-2016 09:37 PM

Theres a post here showing a guy using winch from harbor freight.

YoTundra 12-02-2016 06:27 PM

I've been searching everywhere, and the SDHQ mount is the only one I've seen. I'm loving it and have read a lot of great feedback. They only "guarantee" the fit for the Zeon series, but it's said others will fit. The rationale behind the Zeon "certification" appears to be it's wireless feature (only available in the Platinum edition). Anything with a manual clutch will likely require additional bumper modification for access to the clutch switch. I'm planning to get the Zeon 12-S Platinum. You can buy the whole package directly from SDHQ, including their own wiring kit for relocating the control box...and, they sell a flip-up license plate holder that accommodates the mounting location of the fairlead. Smart solution IMHO.

Sav16CM 12-02-2016 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YoTundra (Post 8046778)
I've been searching everywhere, and the SDHQ mount is the only one I've seen. I'm loving it and have read a lot of great feedback. They only "guarantee" the fit for the Zeon series, but it's said others will fit. The rationale behind the Zeon "certification" appears to be it's wireless feature (only available in the Platinum edition). Anything with a manual clutch will likely require additional bumper modification for access to the clutch switch. I'm planning to get the Zeon 12-S Platinum. You can buy the whole package directly from SDHQ, including their own wiring kit for relocating the control box...and, they sell a flip-up license plate holder that accommodates the mounting location of the fairlead. Smart solution IMHO.

I got one of the first SDHQ mounts when they came out. I have it paired with Zeon 12S and it's the bomb. Highly recommend. SDHQ is great to deal with and the mount is high quality. The mount has the standard bolt patterns - so others will work, but as stated previously access to clutch is issue behind the bumper. Wireless is probably best for this mount, but you could use some other winches if needed.

Spook46 12-02-2016 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YoTundra (Post 8046778)

Didn't know they made a LP holder. It never crossed my mind about that, here in Texas it's law to have your front LP's displayed. Good to know, thanks for that!

YoTundra 12-02-2016 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spook46 (Post 8046810)
Didn't know they made a LP holder. It never crossed my mind about that, here in Texas it's law to have your front LP's displayed. Good to know, thanks for that!

I live in the Houston area and drove an '89 Porsche 930 with no front license plate since '94 (just sold it last year). Been pulled over countless times for speeding and never got tagged for not having a front plate. I know it's required, but I never had a clean way of mounting a front plate to that car.

I've removed the front plate mount from the Tundra in anticipation of getting the winch/mount package we're discussing with fingers crossed, as I drive all over the Houston area on a daily basis. No trouble yet. I was thinking of getting this flip-up unit just in case. It's called the Flipster, and I believe it's actually made by Cascadia? Warrior also makes one, but SDHQ resells the Flipster, so I thought it would be easier to get everything from a single source. The Flipster is supposed to support either a Hawse or roller fairlead.

SDHQ's prices on these third-party products really aren't bad, but Warn is definitely proud of that Zeon Platinum. Big jump in price for the wireless version, but it's practically necessary to have remote control of the clutch in this case. No other way to reach the switch without cutting more out of the bumper, which largely defeats the clean result of the hidden mount in the first place.

gosolo 12-02-2016 09:52 PM

5 Attachment(s)
The SDHQ mount is good. Lots of plate options. The ONLY down side to the warn winch is the price. I'm kinda glad to have a Lamborghini of winches.

Vector W8 12-05-2016 12:32 PM

https://www.tundratalk.net/forums/tun...nch-mount.html

Should take you to the post showing the SDHQ mount.

Vector W8 12-05-2016 12:40 PM