User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-21-2016, 09:48 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Angry RB10 not level?

I put on a set of RB10's on a 17' Limited DC over the weekend. The fit was just horrible, I guess i'm just too anal, the driver side rear had a 3/4" gap while the front was digging into the paint. To remedy this I used washers to level out the rear and took a file to the front of the board. The passenger side went on perfectly leveled, anyone have this issue? I did not take any pictures, it just looked awful! I have contacted Go Rhino, hopefully I can get this resolved.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-21-2016, 12:54 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Garage
There is quite of a bit of "wiggle room" designed into the boards. I recommend removing the extra washers you installed, then loosen all bolts, align the boards then tighten them.

2015 4X4 DC 5.7L
ADS, MCM UCAs, Toytec shackles
Method Mesh/Cooper ST MAXX 295/70R18
New England Tundra Club Member #98
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-21-2016, 02:49 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MurkanicMan View Post
There is quite of a bit of "wiggle room" designed into the boards. I recommend removing the extra washers you installed, then loosen all bolts, align the boards then tighten them.
Even with all that "wiggle room" to even get it leveled I had to add washers. Will be in contact with Go Rhino.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-23-2016, 09:08 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Something doesn't sound right. Maybe one of the brackets is bent. I doubt it's anything with the holes in the truck.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-04-2016, 12:49 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
I installed a set of these on my 2017 DC and I understand what you are talking about- MurkanicMan is right- loosen up everything and slowly tighten the bolts - it's not an exact science as the boards move as you tighten things up and there is a lot of adjustability- in my experience it is normal to have to spend some time with trial and error measuring and adjusting until they are when you like them. Mine also hit the front paint- I had to slide mine back further than I wanted to to avoid them digging into the paint but it was ok because I also added the OE style Bushwacker fender flairs that kinda get in the way - I thought of grinding mine down too but didn't want to deal with the finish on the boards- ***keep in mind that the rocker panel flairs downward so its no a perfect horizontal flush mount- I contacted GoRhino and they said I had to move them back- your not doing anything wrong - if you want them forward and not willing to slide them back then I agree that you will have to grind the lip down quite a bit- I'm wondering if the new RB20 fit the DC's better- if they do I guess SVCustoms will get to sell me another pair
The Following User Says Thank You to battleborn For This Useful Post:
Svcustoms (12-06-2016)
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-06-2016, 10:06 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by battleborn View Post
I installed a set of these on my 2017 DC and I understand what you are talking about- MurkanicMan is right- loosen up everything and slowly tighten the bolts - it's not an exact science as the boards move as you tighten things up and there is a lot of adjustability- in my experience it is normal to have to spend some time with trial and error measuring and adjusting until they are when you like them. Mine also hit the front paint- I had to slide mine back further than I wanted to to avoid them digging into the paint but it was ok because I also added the OE style Bushwacker fender flairs that kinda get in the way - I thought of grinding mine down too but didn't want to deal with the finish on the boards- ***keep in mind that the rocker panel flairs downward so its no a perfect horizontal flush mount- I contacted GoRhino and they said I had to move them back- your not doing anything wrong - if you want them forward and not willing to slide them back then I agree that you will have to grind the lip down quite a bit- I'm wondering if the new RB20 fit the DC's better- if they do I guess SVCustoms will get to sell me another pair

Thank you sir, I knew I wasn't crazy.
The Following User Says Thank You to [email protected] For This Useful Post:
Svcustoms (12-06-2016)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

TundraTalk.net - Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum > Tundra Discussion > Tundra Parts, Accessories and Exterior Mods

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TundraTalk.net - Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in