Recommendation on roll on tonneau cover please - Page 2 - TundraTalk.net - Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of 27 (permalink) Old 06-27-2017, 07:18 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by B737 View Post
I use a bed extender with my soft tonneau. it doesnt interfere, it is a different style than traditional extender, it collapses against the tailgate when not in use, and just unfolds. On a traditional style extender they taper so much you wouldnt have any difficulty no matter what style tonneau you had.

Don't mean to hijack. But wpuld you mind sending or posting some more pics? I'm interested in the extender and rack set up you have

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 27 (permalink) Old 06-28-2017, 05:51 AM
Premium Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 156 Post(s)
Garage
The tonneau is nothing special, just a access by lorado. Sits inside the bed rails. The fold up extender is made by topline. Won't hold up against a ATV or motorcycle but good for the rest. The rack sits on the bed rails. It's just roof top tracks down the rails, with feet and cross bars.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2015 LTD Double Cab

Last edited by B737; 06-29-2017 at 09:42 AM.
post #18 of 27 (permalink) Old 06-28-2017, 06:59 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Thanks for the input, B737! Nice ride you have there
The Following User Says Thank You to DotNetNut For This Useful Post:
B737 (06-28-2017)

post #19 of 27 (permalink) Old 06-28-2017, 11:02 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 42 Post(s)
I like my revolver x2 - doesn't take up much space when rolled up. Only thing I wish they would add is a quick release to remove it completely. You have to undo a few bolts - not a big deal.
post #20 of 27 (permalink) Old 06-28-2017, 11:53 AM
BRK

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
First I've heard of the Bak Revolver X2, I was actually looking at the Truxedo Titanium. Anyone have this to compare to the X2?

2017 Tundra CrewMax Limited - Firestone Air Bags (Truxedo Titanium Tonneau Cover, CAI, Dual Exhaust all planned by the end of the year)
2012 Ram 2500 Big Horn CTD (sold)
2012 Nissan Armada Platinum (sold)
2011 Honda Pilot (sold)
2008 Tundra DC SR5 - Air Raid CAI, custom same side dual exhaust by Exhaust Pros (sadly sold in 2010 with 28k)
19991 Pontiac Bonneville - 195k and still drive it 700 miles a week!
The Following User Says Thank You to BRK For This Useful Post:
Kraziez (06-29-2017)
post #21 of 27 (permalink) Old 06-29-2017, 09:47 AM
Premium Member

Garage
the Revolver x2 and TruxXedo Titanium (i didnt know existed) both look like awesome covers. I would love to do something like this to ditch the cheap vinyl roll up. i wish they published, or maybe someone can post, the physical dimensions of the cover when its fully rolled up. Might be my eyes playing tricks on me but the Titanium may have a slimmer profile.

given these new types of "hard roll up" covers, i dont see why anyone would ever use Retrax over this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2015 LTD Double Cab

Last edited by B737; 06-29-2017 at 09:49 AM.
post #22 of 27 (permalink) Old 06-29-2017, 10:15 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 168 Post(s)
Garage
I too didn't know about the Truxedo Titanium. Looks to be very similar to the Revolver X2. I like my Truxedo Lo Pro QT and really like the lifetime warranty. Surprised to see the Titanium cover only has a 3 year warranty like the Revolver X2.

Quote:
the Revolver x2 and TruxXedo Titanium (i didnt know existed) both look like awesome covers. I would love to do something like this to ditch the cheap vinyl roll up. i wish they published, or maybe someone can post, the physical dimensions of the cover when its fully rolled up. Might be my eyes playing tricks on me but the Titanium may have a slimmer profile.

given these new types of "hard roll up" covers, i dont see why anyone would ever use Retrax over this.

"I didn't pay them for sex, I paid them to leave"
Charlie Sheen

Life is all about ass, you're either covering it, hauling it, laughing it off, kicking it, kissing it, busting it, trying to get a piece of it, or behaving like one.

Silver Sky Tundra Club Member #182
post #23 of 27 (permalink) Old 06-29-2017, 01:36 PM
Premium Member

Garage
emailed truxedo, the rolled up cover on 6.5" bed is 9" in diameter. that's not too bad, but nearly 3x taller than rolled up vinyl one and 3 inches deeper. not a bad trade off.

2015 LTD Double Cab
post #24 of 27 (permalink) Old 06-29-2017, 03:50 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 168 Post(s)
Garage
Not bad. Wonder how that compares to the Revolver X2

Quote:
emailed truxedo, the rolled up cover on 6.5" bed is 9" in diameter. that's not too bad, but nearly 3x taller than rolled up vinyl one and 3 inches deeper. not a bad trade off.

"I didn't pay them for sex, I paid them to leave"
Charlie Sheen

Life is all about ass, you're either covering it, hauling it, laughing it off, kicking it, kissing it, busting it, trying to get a piece of it, or behaving like one.

Silver Sky Tundra Club Member #182
post #25 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-10-2017, 07:32 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DotNetNut View Post
Don't mean to hijack the thread but does anyone use a soft tonneau and a bed extender at the same time? I was wondering if the tonneau rails would interfere with flipping the extender in/out of the bed to the tailgate.

I'm thinking of buying this https://www.amazon.com/dp/B007GIYN4I...d=VYDJ97I59IL2 with the utility track installation kit and this extender: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00AECDG0K...d=VYDJ97I59IL2 and am not sure if they will interfere with each other. Of course, I would roll the cover back when flipping the extender in or out.
For anyone considering this setup: Both products are very nice quality but the rails for the cover are too wide to allow the extender to flip in and out of the bed to the tailgate. My bad, I should have bought this extender instead:

https://www.amazon.com/AMP-Research-...38R7WXZ2H2M4VC
post #26 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-10-2017, 08:15 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 79 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by CARiD View Post
gu9cci, another vote for TonnoPro LoRoll Tonneau Cover. The cover rolls up to allow complete access to your bed, and secures in place with a sturdy hook-and-loop system that is extremely easy to use. It installs in 25 minutes and has unmatched quality. Let me know if you have any questions on it.
Had one on my 07, and put one on my 13 CM. Best roll cover out there IMHO!
The Following User Says Thank You to My3Suns For This Useful Post:
gtf (07-10-2017)
post #27 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-16-2017, 01:01 PM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Just installed an Access Lorado. Fits awesome and looks great.I had an Access original on my last ruck and it was great so i went the same route again.Highly recommend them.

17 Tundra SR5 4x4 Crewmax TRD Offroad,Inferno Orange
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

TundraTalk.net - Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum > Tundra Discussion > Tundra Parts, Accessories and Exterior Mods

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TundraTalk.net - Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in