What have you done to your Tundra this week? Part 5! - Page 167 - TundraTalk.net - Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #2491 of 4297 (permalink) Old 01-29-2017, 09:38 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meltdownblitz View Post
Installed diamondback se cover as well as luverne truck steps. I love the diamondback truck cover and still trying to figure out what I think about the truck steps, what do you guys think about the steps, before or after?

I think the steps look great! You'll need them to get into the front half of that sweet tonneau.
The Following User Says Thank You to EasyDuzzit For This Useful Post:
Meltdownblitz (01-29-2017)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2492 of 4297 (permalink) Old 01-29-2017, 09:57 PM
Premium Member

Thanked 1,045 Times in 697 Posts
Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Quoted: 759 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Izsd858 View Post
That is a sexy looking ride.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks man!

Some more pics in the daylight...first one is weird angle

2016 Tundra - DC | Limited | TRD | 5.7 | 4x4 | Lux Pack | Ceramic Tint | Husky X-Act Contour | AMP PowerSteps | TRD Sway Bar | TRD Exhaust | Full VLEDS | 2018 OEM LED Headlights & Fog Lights

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #2493 of 4297 (permalink) Old 01-29-2017, 11:08 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatAvalon View Post
Thanks man!

Some more pics in the daylight...first one is weird angle

Man that is awesome! Love the color matching.

2016 CM SR5 | Silver Sky Tundra Club Member #248

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #2494 of 4297 (permalink) Old 01-29-2017, 11:35 PM
Premium Member

Thanked 1,045 Times in 697 Posts
Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Quoted: 759 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickleford View Post
Man that is awesome! Love the color matching.

Thanks!!! I'm very happy with how it all came together

2016 Tundra - DC | Limited | TRD | 5.7 | 4x4 | Lux Pack | Ceramic Tint | Husky X-Act Contour | AMP PowerSteps | TRD Sway Bar | TRD Exhaust | Full VLEDS | 2018 OEM LED Headlights & Fog Lights

post #2495 of 4297 (permalink) Old 01-30-2017, 12:29 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Traded in my 2010 base model 4.6l 2wd two weeks ago for a 2015 DC SR5 w/trd 4x4 5.7l. Day 10 the bumper caps came off to get powder coated; looks just like color match to me. Just reinstalled them tonight and couldn't be happier (for the love of God, take pictures during disassemble if you do this.....ill leave it at that). Got rid of the dealership and TRD decals. Going to remove/sand/paint the badges if I ever get more than one day off.

Dropping it off to have the grill surround and hood bulge painted on thursday.

Last edited by MattFL850; 01-30-2017 at 12:31 AM.
post #2496 of 4297 (permalink) Old 01-30-2017, 01:07 AM

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 165 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattFL850 View Post
Traded in my 2010 base model 4.6l 2wd two weeks ago for a 2015 DC SR5 w/trd 4x4 5.7l. Day 10 the bumper caps came off to get powder coated; looks just like color match to me. Just reinstalled them tonight and couldn't be happier (for the love of God, take pictures during disassemble if you do this.....ill leave it at that). Got rid of the dealership and TRD decals. Going to remove/sand/paint the badges if I ever get more than one day off.

Dropping it off to have the grill surround and hood bulge painted on thursday.
How much was it t get them powder coated and where did you take them!

thanks, do you have pics before and after!
post #2497 of 4297 (permalink) Old 01-30-2017, 01:29 AM

Quoted: 49 Post(s)
I can post some tomorrow after the wash. I didn't finish until after midnight or I would've taken pics. It was a local guy who has a shop behind his house. $170. That was $40 for clear coating. $20 per piece. 4 caps he did super mirror black with super durable clear coat. And I had the exhaust tip done in a flat black. Then $15 for a dent repair. He couldn't get the putty to take so he had to coat it, sand it, coat it, sand it, repeat until smooth. Previous owner must have backed into something. Golfball sized ding
The Following User Says Thank You to MattFL850 For This Useful Post:
TundraDude85 (01-30-2017)
post #2498 of 4297 (permalink) Old 01-30-2017, 06:43 AM
Premium Member

Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattFL850 View Post
I can post some tomorrow after the wash. I didn't finish until after midnight or I would've taken pics. It was a local guy who has a shop behind his house. $170. That was $40 for clear coating. $20 per piece. 4 caps he did super mirror black with super durable clear coat. And I had the exhaust tip done in a flat black. Then $15 for a dent repair. He couldn't get the putty to take so he had to coat it, sand it, coat it, sand it, repeat until smooth. Previous owner must have backed into something. Golfball sized ding

Nice!! I'm debating that, or plastidip or wrapping the chrome bits myself on the 1794. Too much chrome!

I can shop around but I don't know if I'll find a deal that sweet in the shops by me.

2014 1794 Tundra Super white purchased Jan 19th

Need advice on issue with dealer, link below. Any help/advice is appreciated. Ill remove once issue is resolved. 2/2-??

post #2499 of 4297 (permalink) Old 01-30-2017, 07:31 AM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by TundraDude85 View Post
Nice!! I'm debating that, or plastidip or wrapping the chrome bits myself on the 1794. Too much chrome!

I can shop around but I don't know if I'll find a deal that sweet in the shops by me.

Fortunately for you the only tundra I've ever liked dipped is the white one. It comes out really good! However I dipped mine corners black when I first bought the truck and the back one started peeling when I would get in and out of the tailgate by stepping on the plastic.

Getting them wrapped would last much much longer and look a bit better too.

The Following User Says Thank You to 16toywheeler For This Useful Post:
post #2500 of 4297 (permalink) Old 01-30-2017, 07:36 AM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 16toywheeler View Post
Fortunately for you the only tundra I've ever liked dipped is the white one. It comes out really good! However I dipped mine corners black when I first bought the truck and the back one started peeling when I would get in and out of the tailgate by stepping on the plastic.

Getting them wrapped would last much much longer and look a bit better too.

A buddy has his trucked wrapped for $2500, but his friend hooked him up, he said I would be looking at around $1000 to wrap all my accents but it would last a long time and also protect it from any immediate scratches and it would look good, so it's a classic win win win if I'm willing to pay the prices.

Need advice on issue with dealer, link below. Any help/advice is appreciated. Ill remove once issue is resolved. 2/2-??

post #2501 of 4297 (permalink) Old 01-30-2017, 07:40 AM

Garage
Quote:
A buddy has his trucked wrapped for $2500, but his friend hooked him up, he said I would be looking at around $1000 to wrap all my accents but it would last a long time and also protect it from any immediate scratches and it would look good, so it's a classic win win win if I'm willing to pay the prices.

Check out the guy with a magnetic gray tundra build that says something about camping in the title. He said he got his bumper ends wrapped for $100. I was planning on getting some quotes this week myself.

If that truly is the price in your area I'd check into just getting the bumpers done and picking up a pro grille.

The Following User Says Thank You to 16toywheeler For This Useful Post:
post #2502 of 4297 (permalink) Old 01-30-2017, 07:41 AM

Garage
Quote:
Check out the guy with a magnetic gray tundra in the build thread that says project dd, project base camp.

He said he got his bumper ends wrapped for $100. I was planning on getting some quotes this week myself.

If that truly is the price in your area I'd check into just getting the bumpers done and picking up a pro grille.

post #2503 of 4297 (permalink) Old 01-30-2017, 08:34 AM
Premium Member

Quote:
Check out the guy with a magnetic gray tundra build that says something about camping in the title. He said he got his bumper ends wrapped for $100. I was planning on getting some quotes this week myself.

I agree. At the very least I'll call around and get quotes, but everything in Miami is expensive. Must... move... ASAP!

post #2504 of 4297 (permalink) Old 01-30-2017, 08:43 AM

Garage
Quote:
I agree. At the very least I'll call around and get quotes, but everything in Miami is expensive. Must... move... ASAP!

Head over to fort Myers! Best decision I've ever made. I lived in Coral Springs all my life.

post #2505 of 4297 (permalink) Old 01-30-2017, 08:45 AM
Premium Member

Going to install the LED headlight bulbs and fog light bulbs.

The Following User Says Thank You to TundraDude85 For This Useful Post:
Ghost96R (01-30-2017)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

TundraTalk.net - Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum > Tundra Discussion > Tundra Parts, Accessories and Exterior Mods

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TundraTalk.net - Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in