User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-04-2014, 06:12 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Compatible Truck Caps

Just got a used 2010 Tundra Double Cab and am looking for a topper. Too cheap to pay for a new one. Would like to be able to expand my search for a used one but don't know which toppers for other make & models would fit my vehicle. Does anyone have any experience solving this problem?
truckerD
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-04-2014, 07:06 PM

Thanked 2,457 Times in 1,061 Posts
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 248 Post(s)
Garage
A member on here found me one by him on his local craigslist, and I took an 8hr round trip road trip to go get a used, color matched cap, which I love!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2010 4x4 TRD Limited~Rock Warrior Wheels~ARE V-series Cap~1A Auto Tow Mirrors~Hidden Antenna Mod~Fog light Mod~DRL delete~Chrome Rear Door Handles~Stock exhaust dumped over axle~Thule Hitch Bike Rack~WeatherTech Digital Fit Mats~MTN BYK plates~

My Build-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Tri-State Club Founder-

Tundra With A Cap Club #126
Tundra Campers Club #11
First Gen Club #8 2005 4x4 TRD SR5 DC..SOLD
post #3 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-04-2014, 07:23 PM

Quoted: 56 Post(s)
Garage
ok, despite the fact I own a gen 1 and you a gen 2 ...my truck has a Century Truck Cap , color matches perfect ,very well made cap. Don't ask me where it came from , It came with my truck when I bought it used . But definitely worth looking at as a brand to consider.

post #4 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-04-2014, 07:32 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Wow, that sounds great! If any fellow Tundra owners see something for a topper for a 2010 Tundra Double Cab, please let me know. The color match would be a slate metallic, but I would consider any color and have it painted to match. I live in southeast Ohio but would be willing to drive some for a good deal.
truckerD
post #5 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-04-2014, 07:37 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Anyone ever use a topper made for say an F-150 or Nissan Titan? Bed sizes are about the same as my 80"long x 70" wide outside-outside dimensions. Wondering about how the profile matches. Other issues?
truckerD
post #6 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-04-2014, 10:01 PM

Thanked 2,946 Times in 1,821 Posts
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 584 Post(s)
There was a guy in Ohio selling a blue streak cap. I know because it would match my truck. I do have a cap currently but it is slate met.
post #7 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-05-2014, 06:53 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Maybe I could get a blue streak and we could do a swap. I think the slate metallic and the blue streak colors ran the same years (07-10). If you are interested, send me a pm and we can kick the idea around.

truckerD
2010 Double Cab
Slate Metallic
post #8 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-05-2014, 07:19 AM

Find the cap and see if you can buy and then let me know. I will be in Buffalo later this month.
post #9 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-17-2014, 07:13 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
No luck finding the blue streak. In fact not many used tundra caps out there. During my search, ran across a listing for a 6.5' ram 1500 cap that was used on an '08 tundra. Anyone have any experience with that combo?

truckerD
2010 Double Cab
Slate Metallic
post #10 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-17-2014, 07:41 AM

I think someone in NJ got it. There is a red one in NJ for sale
post #11 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-17-2014, 08:33 AM
Premium Member

Thanked 2,021 Times in 1,006 Posts
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Garage
It's hard to do but just wait and watch craigslist. I looked for a used cap since I'm to cheap to pay the new price for around 2 yrs. I saw the perfect one and didn't jump on it right away. And a finally found one in La. The guy selling it is on here as well. Picked it up for 400 painted it to match for 200 and then bought the cab side window that I wanted(slider/tilt window). Pretty sure I saved some money there.

Good Luck and like I said, just wait it out. Since I bought my cap, there seems to be a few ads on craigslist that popped up for sale around me now. Funny how that works.

Oh and to go with your original question - I'm cheap but I don't think I could live with a cap that doesn't line up right. I mean the caps made for Tundra's just look so good to settle for a different truck's cap.

Lifted Tundra Club (LTC) Member #7
08 5.7 DC Super White/tan interior, RCX 6in lift w/ CB1 +3 shackles & blocks, 18in Ballistic Jesters w/ 35x12.50 Trail Grapplers, ARE CX Series, Colormatched Bumper & grille w/ T-Rex mesh insert, BHLM w/Plasma Halo's and HID's, 8in BAmuffler dumped, 5% rears 25% fronts, LED Tails, Pioneer AppRadio 3 w/ DVD bypass & Andriod MirrorLink, 2 Cerwin Vega 10's, Sound deadener, LED interior, Plasti-dip everywhere, Black Weathertecks, N-Fab 6 steps, AVS in-channels, lots not listed and more to come!!!

Last edited by jgoin; 06-17-2014 at 08:36 AM.
post #12 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-19-2014, 10:30 AM
Banned

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 187 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgoin View Post
It's hard to do but just wait and watch craigslist. I looked for a used cap since I'm to cheap to pay the new price for around 2 yrs. I saw the perfect one and didn't jump on it right away. And a finally found one in La. The guy selling it is on here as well. Picked it up for 400 painted it to match for 200 and then bought the cab side window that I wanted(slider/tilt window). Pretty sure I saved some money there.

Good Luck and like I said, just wait it out. Since I bought my cap, there seems to be a few ads on craigslist that popped up for sale around me now. Funny how that works.

Oh and to go with your original question - I'm cheap but I don't think I could live with a cap that doesn't line up right. I mean the caps made for Tundra's just look so good to settle for a different truck's cap.

Can you post some pics jgoin? I want to go with a shell for work and I gotta dc just like yours just not as lifted. Gonna go with the ome set up and shackles.
Can y

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
post #13 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-19-2014, 10:41 AM
Premium Member

Garage
@SouthernVoice - Yeah No problem. Here are a few.

08 5.7 DC Super White/tan interior, RCX 6in lift w/ CB1 +3 shackles & blocks, 18in Ballistic Jesters w/ 35x12.50 Trail Grapplers, ARE CX Series, Colormatched Bumper & grille w/ T-Rex mesh insert, BHLM w/Plasma Halo's and HID's, 8in BAmuffler dumped, 5% rears 25% fronts, LED Tails, Pioneer AppRadio 3 w/ DVD bypass & Andriod MirrorLink, 2 Cerwin Vega 10's, Sound deadener, LED interior, Plasti-dip everywhere, Black Weathertecks, N-Fab 6 steps, AVS in-channels, lots not listed and more to come!!!
post #14 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-19-2014, 10:42 AM
Banned

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 187 Post(s)
You think mine would look stupid since it isn't lifted higher? ImageUploadedByAutoGuide1403188945.247128.jpg

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
post #15 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-19-2014, 10:52 AM
Premium Member

Garage
I don't think lifted or not will matter on the look. I think its more about the overall look of your truck. All the accessories will make the shell look perfect.

And here is a look at both looks, lifted vs stock. My buddy at work just picked up on of our company trucks and it's pretty much the mini version of my truck except he like chrome.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

TundraTalk.net - Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum > Tundra Discussion > Tundra Parts, Accessories and Exterior Mods

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TundraTalk.net - Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in