2017 fog light housings loose, rubbing through paint? - TundraTalk.net - Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-09-2017, 07:58 PM Thread Starter

Thanked 10,716 Times in 5,789 Posts
Mentioned: 70 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1663 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
2017 fog light housings loose, rubbing through paint?

Is anyone else having this issue?

Since it is getting dark sooner I noticed when I hit bumps my fogs really really move around.

I looked when I got home, the housings are so loose that they have rubbed through the paint on the bumper wings.

I can jiggle them around.

Just over 5k miles on the truck, I don't offroad, haven't hit anything, and don't even drive down dirt roads, and if I have to, I go slow, hate rock chips.

Tried to get pics/vid, but it's too dark, didn't turn out.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I put the Laughter in Slaughter, and the Fun in funeral.
KTM 450xc QUAD, Baldwin head, Ti valves, 8/06 cam, motoworks, goldspeed tires...
Gone/not forgotten: 2010 CM RW that was sweet,
NOW: 2017 Platinum. Tinted, trd duals, Exo Grapplers. Led h-lights and interior, Hard hat tonneau, line-x, Rancho uca/level'd
I like weapons. I dont capitalize, use spell check, or punctuate properly...
and you can call me Power.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-09-2017, 09:16 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 157 Post(s)
Iíve got a 16 sr5, so the chrome bumper wings, and the fog lights are tight, no movement.
The Following User Says Thank You to Brian20 For This Useful Post:
Powertechn2 (10-09-2017)
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-09-2017, 09:38 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian20 View Post
Iíve got a 16 sr5, so the chrome bumper wings, and the fog lights are tight, no movement.
I have the Plat, so plastic bumper wings.

At first they were tight.

Now they are loose as all get out.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

KTM 450xc QUAD, Baldwin head, Ti valves, 8/06 cam, motoworks, goldspeed tires...
NOW: 2017 Platinum. Tinted, trd duals, Exo Grapplers. Led h-lights and interior, Hard hat tonneau, line-x, Rancho uca/level'd

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-13-2017, 11:38 AM

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 216 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powertechn2 View Post
I have the Plat, so plastic bumper wings.

At first they were tight.

Now they are loose as all get out.
did you change any bulbs or have someone change your bulbs? the fog light shroud will become very loose fitting if someone tries to remove them from the front. to tighten them up remove the lower inner fender liner to get to the back of the fog light, just as if you were changing the bulbs. you will find a blue locking clip holding one of the tabs. simply remove the blue locker and flipit over and reinsert. it will still lockin place but put a lot more force on the tab thus holding it much tighter. hope this makessome sense. once you pull the inner fender you will see what needs to be done.

2014 Magnetic Grey Crewmax Platinum, Toytec coilovers up front, Coachbuilder 2+ shackles, Firestone air bags & bilstein 5100 in the rear. 20x9 Raceline Assault with 295/60/20 Toyo ATII, Debadged, Bak Flip VP, Line-x Liner, LED interior/exterior lights, Puddle lights LED mod, Clifford alarm/starter with windows and sunroof control, Grillcraft 3pc black MX grill, tinted windows, custom Magnaflow exhaust. Nfab wheel to wheel step bars. D2S 5000k Morimoto HID retrofit with BHLM, JL Audio clean sweep, Jl 500/1, Jl 300/4, 2-JL10tw3 subs, Jl ZR 650csi components front and rear.
The Following User Says Thank You to TacoBlack For This Useful Post:
Powertechn2 (10-13-2017)
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-13-2017, 06:46 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoBlack View Post
did you change any bulbs or have someone change your bulbs? the fog light shroud will become very loose fitting if someone tries to remove them from the front. to tighten them up remove the lower inner fender liner to get to the back of the fog light, just as if you were changing the bulbs. you will find a blue locking clip holding one of the tabs. simply remove the blue locker and flipit over and reinsert. it will still lockin place but put a lot more force on the tab thus holding it much tighter. hope this makessome sense. once you pull the inner fender you will see what needs to be done.
I swapped Morimoto's in, but I did it through the backside.

Thanks, I will look into swapping the clip around.

I remember that the housings seemed kind of shoddily held in place.

post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-16-2017, 11:27 AM

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 216 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powertechn2 View Post
I swapped Morimoto's in, but I did it through the backside.

Thanks, I will look into swapping the clip around.

I remember that the housings seemed kind of shoddily held in place.
i had the same issue after installing the morimoto fogs aswell, the clip flip fixed mine.

2014 Magnetic Grey Crewmax Platinum, Toytec coilovers up front, Coachbuilder 2+ shackles, Firestone air bags & bilstein 5100 in the rear. 20x9 Raceline Assault with 295/60/20 Toyo ATII, Debadged, Bak Flip VP, Line-x Liner, LED interior/exterior lights, Puddle lights LED mod, Clifford alarm/starter with windows and sunroof control, Grillcraft 3pc black MX grill, tinted windows, custom Magnaflow exhaust. Nfab wheel to wheel step bars. D2S 5000k Morimoto HID retrofit with BHLM, JL Audio clean sweep, Jl 500/1, Jl 300/4, 2-JL10tw3 subs, Jl ZR 650csi components front and rear.
The Following User Says Thank You to TacoBlack For This Useful Post:
Powertechn2 (10-16-2017)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

TundraTalk.net - Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum > Tundra Discussion > Tundra Lighting/Electrical

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TundraTalk.net - Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in