Offical TechStream software thread( settings and such) - Page 120 - TundraTalk.net - Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1786 of 1824 (permalink) Old 08-27-2018, 04:45 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Garage
has anybody discovered a fix for Fatal error code 0xC0040001 when trying to access live engine /ECT data?

Everything else seems to work happily except for these functions.

I have tried this on a windows 7 64 bit virtual machine and a windows 7 32 bit stand alone laptop.

Running techstream V 12.2 and my cable is the 2.04 (or similar) firmware.
Attached Images
File Type: png VirtualBox_win7 YOTA_27_08_2018_14_19_37.png (268.6 KB, 28 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1787 of 1824 (permalink) Old 08-27-2018, 05:05 PM

Quoted: 52 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by excel8951 View Post
has anybody discovered a fix for Fatal error code 0xC0040001 when trying to access live engine /ECT data?

Everything else seems to work happily except for these functions.

I have tried this on a windows 7 64 bit virtual machine and a windows 7 32 bit stand alone laptop.

Running techstream V 12.2 and my cable is the 2.04 (or similar) firmware.
I have the same issue, couldn’t find a fix for a year now.

Flex Fuel 2016 | Edition 1794 CM | TRD CAI | Valve body Mod | LT ARH | | 20" Method Roost wheels

2012 rcsb | TRD SC | 18" 41 series Procomp wheels| Valve body Mod | JBA Long tube headers | Airaid CAI | 2/4" SOSperformance LK | Caltracs TB
post #1788 of 1824 (permalink) Old 09-03-2018, 08:39 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Does anyone feel up to teamviewing my setup? I've had this working for over a year and now all the sudden, cannot connect to VIM. I've gone so far as to wipe the computer fresh to ensure registry was clean. I am leaning towards a bad cable. Mother in law bought a rav4 a couple of days ago and I went into the cars computer and deleted the 5 keys associated with it, and programmed her 2. Everything went great. Went to do a health check and it started and stopped about halfway through and now it won't reconnect, to her car, my Tundra...nothing. Tried Techstream 12, newer version 13. 64 bit drivers, 32 bit drivers...I even did the help DLC3 to see if cable was good and they are all coming back red, assuming that's bad? Any ideas? By the way, my cable was bought last year with the 2.0.4 firmware, not the older one. I didn't use the software provided on the CD, I just downloaded it from here. Worked great for over a year.

post #1789 of 1824 (permalink) Old 09-04-2018, 03:29 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocky_mtn_trd View Post
Does anyone feel up to teamviewing my setup? I've had this working for over a year and now all the sudden, cannot connect to VIM. I've gone so far as to wipe the computer fresh to ensure registry was clean. I am leaning towards a bad cable. Mother in law bought a rav4 a couple of days ago and I went into the cars computer and deleted the 5 keys associated with it, and programmed her 2. Everything went great. Went to do a health check and it started and stopped about halfway through and now it won't reconnect, to her car, my Tundra...nothing. Tried Techstream 12, newer version 13. 64 bit drivers, 32 bit drivers...I even did the help DLC3 to see if cable was good and they are all coming back red, assuming that's bad? Any ideas? By the way, my cable was bought last year with the 2.0.4 firmware, not the older one. I didn't use the software provided on the CD, I just downloaded it from here. Worked great for over a year.
sometimes it be easy as Going to[ Setup -- VIM Select] menu and select the ''XHorse - MVCI
post #1790 of 1824 (permalink) Old 09-04-2018, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdi200 View Post
sometimes it be easy as Going to[ Setup -- VIM Select] menu and select the ''XHorse - MVCI
I totally appreciate that as I am the type to overlook the obvious, but I have tried that. I ordered a new cable from Amazon that will be here tomorrow and I guess I'll know. I just have a sneaky feeling the cable is bad, it's just weird how it stopped working randomly while doing a health check. I'll definitely post up the results after trying the new cable that comes in tomorrow. If it was the cable, I sure feel stupid for wiping my laptop clean...but it was probably due since it was lagging a bit. Thanks for the reply!
post #1791 of 1824 (permalink) Old 09-05-2018, 07:24 AM
Premium MemberPremium Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 85 Post(s)
Garage
How do you program keys using techstream?

2018 Tundra Platinum
post #1792 of 1824 (permalink) Old 09-06-2018, 05:04 PM

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 137 Post(s)

Last edited by Tigershark; 09-06-2018 at 05:54 PM. Reason: found it
The Following User Says Thank You to Tigershark For This Useful Post:
azTony (09-12-2018)
post #1793 of 1824 (permalink) Old 09-13-2018, 12:44 AM

For the record, it was my cable. This has probably already been covered, but whatever you do, do NOT click the update button on the firmware checker tool! It will wipe the serial number from the cable rendering it useless and unable to connect to VIM.
post #1794 of 1824 (permalink) Old 09-16-2018, 11:51 AM

i am trying to use mega uploads as i will be gone on vacation with limited availability hoping links will not get expired using mega uploads the link is:

Techstream V12.00.127-32& 64bit validity checked and link still active as of 09/16/2018 (371MB) please let me know if link ever get expired

https://mega.nz/#!OXBnCK6S!rxWKiROIk...UJYVN_y75hHw0s

fyi for those not having "CUSTOMIZE OPTION", configure it as Europe region for the software to have full capability (ie program)
The Following User Says Thank You to tdi200 For This Useful Post:
DTdr2 (10-17-2018)
post #1795 of 1824 (permalink) Old 10-17-2018, 01:56 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Great thread, A LOT of information (I'm suffering from overload!). I've been wanting to get TechStream for my '16 Tundra and two Camry's (a '17 and '18) since I found out about it over a year ago. At the time I kept reading that it wouldn't work with a Windows 10 64 bit system. Now it appears otherwise...
What would the recommendation be for obtaining the cable and latest software to work on a Win 10 64 bit laptop? Downloading the software / drivers isn't a problem. I've seen pointers to cables, but many don't say if they support 64 bit.
I found this https://www.ebay.com/itm/Original-Mi...4/221720133329 through this thread. Can anyone confirm that it does in fact work as an all in one package for Win 10 64 bit systems and includes everything needed?
Looks like the software and drivers for 64 bit are out there for the download but I'm not sure about the cable. The Chinese ones are very elusive as to if they'll work with 64 bit.
Sorry for the windage, thanks for reading. Any insights / replies are greatly appreciated by this new Toyo guy.

-Jim
post #1796 of 1824 (permalink) Old 10-17-2018, 02:00 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by new2toyos View Post
Great thread, A LOT of information (I'm suffering from overload!). I've been wanting to get TechStream for my '16 Tundra and two Camry's (a '17 and '18) since I found out about it over a year ago. At the time I kept reading that it wouldn't work with a Windows 10 64 bit system. Now it appears otherwise...
What would the recommendation be for obtaining the cable and latest software to work on a Win 10 64 bit laptop? Downloading the software / drivers isn't a problem. I've seen pointers to cables, but many don't say if they support 64 bit.
I found this https://www.ebay.com/itm/Original-Mi...4/221720133329 through this thread. Can anyone confirm that it does in fact work as an all in one package for Win 10 64 bit systems and includes everything needed?
Looks like the software and drivers for 64 bit are out there for the download but I'm not sure about the cable. The Chinese ones are very elusive as to if they'll work with 64 bit.
Sorry for the windage, thanks for reading. Any insights / replies are greatly appreciated by this new Toyo guy.

-Jim
Jim... I got this cable and it works great when used with the software from here. I didnt use the software that was supplied on the disk because as you know, it does not support win10 64 bit.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Vic the Tundra Noob
2016 SR5 Crewmax 5.7

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to salazar44 For This Useful Post:
DTdr2 (10-17-2018), new2toyos (10-17-2018)
post #1797 of 1824 (permalink) Old 10-17-2018, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by new2toyos View Post

-Jim
The link you provided It should work with Windows 10 64bit. Try to download the link I provided I have included drivers for 64bit in them. Just read the instructions under 64bit. remember techstream program is compatible on 32 and 64 bit platform. Its the cable that is an issue. But with work around it works perfectly on 64

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tdi200 For This Useful Post:
DTdr2 (10-17-2018), new2toyos (10-17-2018)
post #1798 of 1824 (permalink) Old 10-17-2018, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by salazar44 View Post
Jim... I got this cable and it works great when used with the software from here. I didnt use the software that was supplied on the disk because as you know, it does not support win10 64 bit.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Thanks for the reply. I've seen that cable everywhere online with different firmware revisions. It's the same cable that's included with the "full package" eBay link in my OP. I'd much rather pay for the cable and download the software. Cable ordered! Thank you!!
post #1799 of 1824 (permalink) Old 10-17-2018, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdi200 View Post
The link you provided It should work with Windows 10 64bit. Try to download the link I provided I have included drivers for 64bit in them. Just read the instructions under 64bit. remember techstream program is compatible on 32 and 64 bit platform. Its the cable that is an issue. But with work around it works perfectly on 64
Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk
Thank you. I will download. My reading led me to think that the cable is the issue. I've ordered the cable that @salazar44 linked to. I've seen that part all over, I believe the difference is in the firmware that's provided with it whether it will work with 64 bit or not. Thank you for your diligence!

-Jim

Last edited by new2toyos; 10-17-2018 at 02:44 PM.
post #1800 of 1824 (permalink) Old 10-20-2018, 09:57 PM

Received the cable, trying to get TS working. The software itself seems to be OK (the registration took after I got the replacement files moved) and the subscription expiration clock in running.
The cable I'm not sure about... Once I plugged the cable into the USB port Windows went and found drivers automatically. They are V2.12.28 dated 8/16/17. Device manager says the device is working properly.
When I try to run the firmware update tool it does nothing. And then where does one click "Device Info" to hopefully get a device connected screen?
I connected to OBDII and tried to connect to vehicle but I get nowhere. It says to wait, and wait again, but nothing. How long should the initial connection take?
Any insights / ideas / pointers appreciated.
Looking under devices and printers it shows M-VCI. Troubleshooting here says the USB Serial Converter can't work properly with USB 3.0?
Not sure where to go from here...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

TundraTalk.net - Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum > Tundra Discussion > Tundra Lighting/Electrical

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TundraTalk.net - Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in