Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

2018 Tundra Cement Color Question

73K views 76 replies 35 participants last post by  bgdv1 
#1 ·
This weekend I looked at a 2018 Tundra in the cement color. It has a pearl shimmer in the clear coat. I don't remember that is the precious years TRD pro's. Did Toyota change the color or add a pearl in the clear or am I just imagining things?

#2 ·
I just bought a cement 2018. When I got my bed liner sprayed there was a cement TRD Pro at the shop at the same time. The color looked identical to me, but since I wasn't really looking that closely I couldn't say 100%. I wouldn't think they would change the paint up, but who knows...

#25 ·
I've got a 17 PRO in Cement, definitely is Metallic. Took me by surprise. Color is amazing.

#4 ·
Please refrain from posted pictures of this color or I may be tempted to upgrade....

They have both a DC & CM in Cement at my local lot and I've managed to not stop in so far....must resist....:|

#14 ·
I just bought the 2018 CM Limited in Cement as well. I was going to get white but the Cement grew on me quick. I love what LimitedCMAX has done with the chrome delete, but I'm still on the fence. I was going to make some changes but for now, I kinda like it the way it is. Here's a shot of mine. Hopefully it helps that I'm not as good a photographer as BuckWallace.

Attachments

#29 · (Edited)
Has some of the sensors in it for sonar I believe. Truck also has a forward and rearward facing camera system. The sensors monitor cars in front and behind, and to the sides of you. Yesterday I set the trucks cruise control to 45 coming up to a red light with a car stopped. Within a safe distance ;) , without my input, the truck automatically hit the brakes once, then twice, before I finished the stop. Good stuff.
The manual also says something about Toyota being able to grab video from the cameras for safety or legal reasons.....and that they dont record sound. :censored:
Sorry...didnt mean to jack the thread.

#33 ·
Wow, looks great! I just bought a 2018 also--with TONS of chrome that needs to go away. I was thinking about this same mod with the front grill. I really wanted the Pro grill, but dont want to lose the TSS with an emblem delete. So is the grill OEM from a 2018 SR5 already painted? or did it come black and you sent it out for paint matching?
Thanks in advance! Sorry...just noticed 302tundra posted similar question

#35 ·
So my truck was an sr5 with the TRD off-road pack. So door handles are black from the factory and the rear bumper is paint matched from the factory. I removed all the side chrome badges and only put back a factory black TRD pro tundra door emblem.

For the front end I bought a TRD pro front grille in cement and very carefully removed the center section from the painted surround and swapped my stock 2018 center with the tss sensor. Fits perfect and works 100%. The bumper ends are also factory Toyota parts in a plastic material that matches the center section of the bumper. Hard to be OEM fitment.

Hope that helps! My plan is to sell the TRD pro center section of the grille to recover a little money. You could definitely get your grille surround painted I just didn't want to mess with having to go to a shop etc.

#67 · (Edited)
For the front end I bought a TRD pro front grille in cement and very carefully removed the center section from the painted surround and swapped my stock 2018 center with the tss sensor. Fits perfect and works 100%.
Quick question on removing the center section of the grill from the surround....
I had mine off last weekend to "paint" the surround w grey bed liner and wanted to remove the center. Now I have a Pro grill on the way and again, I'd love to remove/swap the honeycomb for the pro center.

So here is my question (see pic below for details) Starting with the clips (B). What part do I push and which direction? Is the clip the chrome part? And do I press them towards the outside of the grill or towards the center? Or do I press in on that little center part (C)? When I looked at it I was completely confused on what to do, where to press and what direction.

And what about those bumps in (A)? Will I have to deal with those, or is that all part of the center honeycomb part?

Attachments

#37 ·
This morning I saw the first cement color Raptor on our street. I still like the Tundra better.

#38 ·
Couple more small mods today. I've been hating the chrome on the taillights and have been looking into aftermarket options. But I decided to go ahead and lightly smoke the reverse light/chrome on the side. Turned out pretty good, should tide me over until I decide what tails to get. I also threw in the black tundra logo for the bed. Still loving the Cement :headbanger:

#41 ·
For some reason I still really like the trd pro wheels...so I picked some used ones up for $580.00. A little more than I would have liked, but I will sell the trd wheels and recover a little. Still working on deleting the chrome.

btw Twrxchuck: Thats a pretty killer lift in the garage you got there!

Attachments

#43 ·
I'd run the TRD wheels if I could find a solid deal on them. They look good! Oh and the lift has been amazing. The trucks a little big for it, but my other cars for great.

It's all about the grey wheels with black lip on the cement! Waiting on the 18' Pro grille and maybe eventually paint the bumper ends... Until then, suspension and shell are on order.

That setup looks great. What are the specs on the wheels/tires? VTX wheels?

#48 ·
Finally got the suspension on after a few month wait on the upper arms...
Well worth it, rides way better than the 5100 shocks on my old truck. Caster is about double stock and makes turning as easy or easier than stock and corners really good (no more beeping abs crap that my 08' did)

A little nose high right now at the setting Fox set. Will see how much it settles as I am about to put a shell on which might drop the back a bit more.

Also put the AMP steps on a few weeks ago. Wife won't complain as much now... Wish they had the OBDII PNP, direct wiring wouldn't have been so bad if the instructions were correct. At least their customer service is good...

Attachments

#50 ·
Love the look of that truck! I am getting a Cement CM Limited Thursday. First thing is wheels. I am seeing that model of Method wheel with a +18 offset. I don't see a +25. How do you think a +18 will fit? Will be putting the 275/75's from my current Tundra on them. I have the 6112's on the third clip from the current truck with 5160's going in the back.

Should continue to be a fairly level stance, just concerned with the wheel offset.

Thans for any advice. Can't wait to get the new truck!

Phil

#53 ·
Thanks! Ya, I had to research the hell out offsets to make a decision on the wheels. I really wanted the method grids but as you mentioned they only come in +18. I knew they would stick out a little more than +25 but it ended up being only a 1/4" more on each side, which is minimal. They fit really well and I am glad I got them! I can try to get some close up pics if you want, showing the tire/fender comparison...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.