Slip Indicator coming on at highway speeds? - Page 3 - TundraTalk.net - Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 54 (permalink) Old 04-16-2017, 12:39 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaded View Post
Tires are cooper st maxx's and all the same size. Pressure is at 55 for front and right rear and 57 for the left rear.

55 psi.... Is that correct? That sounds really high.
The Following User Says Thank You to gpbst3 For This Useful Post:
Trailmoose (04-16-2017)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 54 (permalink) Old 04-18-2017, 09:58 PM

Thanked 1,437 Times in 814 Posts
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 647 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Scratch that, I actually do have a laptop with a 32 bit.
Ever get it straightened out?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2017 Tundra TRD Pro CM Cement, BD Squadron Pro Fogs, Rago Fab Hidden LED Bar, All-Pro Sliders and Bakflip MX4.
post #33 of 54 (permalink) Old 04-18-2017, 10:03 PM Thread Starter

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trailmoose View Post
Ever get it straightened out?

No, I havent. I got techstream to do the ZPC but I havent been able to get it to work. I have been using the download version of 10.30.029 or whatever it is and its not working. The laptop i have here doesnt have a disc drive so i havent been able to use the disc. I just ordered an external cd reader, so i will see if that works. I know the download didnt provide the mvci driver and all the files that is on the disc. If this doesnt work then I guess I will take it to the dealer and see if they can fix it and go from there. I will update this thread either way though.

Platinum Member #51
The Following User Says Thank You to chaded For This Useful Post:
Trailmoose (04-18-2017)

post #34 of 54 (permalink) Old 04-18-2017, 10:06 PM

Garage
Quote:
No, I havent. I got techstream to do the ZPC but I havent been able to get it to work. I have been using the download version of 10.30.029 or whatever it is and its not working. The laptop i have here doesnt have a disc drive so i havent been able to use the disc. I just ordered an external cd reader, so i will see if that works. I know the download didnt provide the mvci driver and all the files that is on the disc. If this doesnt work then I guess I will take it to the dealer and see if they can fix it and go from there. I will update this thread either way though.
Thanks! Just nice to know in case it ever happens to anyone else.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2017 Tundra TRD Pro CM Cement, BD Squadron Pro Fogs, Rago Fab Hidden LED Bar, All-Pro Sliders and Bakflip MX4.
post #35 of 54 (permalink) Old 04-18-2017, 10:19 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
PM sent

2016 CM SR5 | Silver Sky Tundra Club Member #248

post #36 of 54 (permalink) Old 04-19-2017, 12:14 AM

Thanked 10,709 Times in 5,784 Posts
Mentioned: 70 Post(s)
Quoted: 1656 Post(s)
Also, after an alignment, sometimes the steering center needs to be re calibrated. I know my truck still needs this.

I put the Laughter in Slaughter, and the Fun in funeral.
KTM 450xc QUAD, Baldwin head, Ti valves, 8/06 cam, motoworks, goldspeed tires...
Gone/not forgotten: 2010 CM RW that was sweet,
NOW: 2017 Platinum. Tinted, trd duals, Exo Grapplers. Led h-lights and interior, Hard hat tonneau, line-x, Rancho uca/level'd
I like weapons. I dont capitalize, use spell check, or punctuate properly...
and you can call me Power.
post #37 of 54 (permalink) Old 04-19-2017, 07:45 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powertechn2 View Post
Also, after an alignment, sometimes the steering center needs to be re calibrated. I know my truck still needs this.
How is this done? Are you talking about the steering wheels being off-centered?

Platinum Member #51
post #38 of 54 (permalink) Old 04-19-2017, 06:47 PM

Thanked 10,709 Times in 5,784 Posts
Mentioned: 70 Post(s)
Quoted: 1656 Post(s)
Quote:
How is this done? Are you talking about the steering wheels being off-centered?
No, it re-calibrates where the ecu thinks the center of steering is. It is thru techstream.

I put the Laughter in Slaughter, and the Fun in funeral.
KTM 450xc QUAD, Baldwin head, Ti valves, 8/06 cam, motoworks, goldspeed tires...
Gone/not forgotten: 2010 CM RW that was sweet,
NOW: 2017 Platinum. Tinted, trd duals, Exo Grapplers. Led h-lights and interior, Hard hat tonneau, line-x, Rancho uca/level'd
I like weapons. I dont capitalize, use spell check, or punctuate properly...
and you can call me Power.
post #39 of 54 (permalink) Old 04-20-2017, 10:51 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
So Im waiting for my external cd reader to show up today and needed to get gas for the truck and thought i would go see what happens again because I didnt have anything going on. I go down the highway and get off and back on the on ramp where it has been doing it and oddly enough it didnt do it this time and I didnt hold back. Pedal to floor the whole way up. Not sure if it was a fluke or not but thought it was interesting. Could the computer reset this on its own?

Platinum Member #51
The Following User Says Thank You to chaded For This Useful Post:
flighht2k5 (04-20-2017)
post #40 of 54 (permalink) Old 04-20-2017, 11:39 AM

Garage
I guess it could re-calibrate based on the tire inflation information from the TPMS sensors? Glad you got it straitened out. Let us know if it stays that way.

post #41 of 54 (permalink) Old 04-26-2017, 11:01 AM

Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Quote:
So Im waiting for my external cd reader to show up today and needed to get gas for the truck and thought i would go see what happens again because I didnt have anything going on. I go down the highway and get off and back on the on ramp where it has been doing it and oddly enough it didnt do it this time and I didnt hold back. Pedal to floor the whole way up. Not sure if it was a fluke or not but thought it was interesting. Could the computer reset this on its own?
Any further update?
post #42 of 54 (permalink) Old 04-26-2017, 01:03 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpbst3 View Post
Any further update?
It still does it. I also think it is engaging sometimes briefly even though the light doesn't come on. For example, yesterday I had a nice straight stretch out in the country so I punched it to the floor at 35ish mph and when it hit 45 or so the truck had that same 'delay' before it would 'catch' and get moving, if that makes sense.

Before, there was no delay or slip indicator coming on, you punched it to the floor and you were doing 80-90 pretty quick. Maybe some of that has to do with the new agressive tires but the traction control or whatever kicking in at higher speeds should not be happening. Feels like my truck is going i to 'limp' mode for a second or somwhen this happens. Drives me nuts. I havent had time this week but I plan on calling the dealer to see what they say and get it taken in.

Platinum Member #51
post #43 of 54 (permalink) Old 04-26-2017, 01:44 PM

Garage
I know you said you've tried the ZPC paperclip method, but I'd try again. What you say about flooring it at 30 or so and feeling lag is exact symptoms that have been posted here before in the other ZPC threads.

On the newer models you won't here a beep.

Park on level ground with steering wheel straight, transmission in park or neutral apply parking brake.

1. Turn the key on, and touch pins 4 & 12 together with paper clip 4 times within 8 secs. Remove clip. VSC light flashes after the 4 touches of terminals 4 & 12 (no beeps or disengaging sounds) (refer to previously posted PDF for pins 4 & 12 location)

2. Turn key off then place clip in pins 4 & 12

3. Turn key on. Do not press brake, or move steering wheel. No beeps (except the usual four beeps that sound when the key is turned on) but the VSC light flashes continuously. Wait for 5 seconds or so.

4.Turn key off and remove clip.

Go test drive!

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mickleford For This Useful Post:
Powertechn2 (04-26-2017), riccnick (04-26-2017), theoat (04-26-2017), Trailmoose (04-26-2017)
post #44 of 54 (permalink) Old 04-26-2017, 03:32 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Well Mickle for you, i went and tried again. Lol. I went for a test drive and it still does it. The weird thing is when i pulled out on t the road from the driveway it kicked in and i was barely moving and didnt seem like i slipped or anything. I got it to do it some on the drive but in other cases it wouldnt do it? The thing that worries me is that it is so intermittent that its not like you can duplicate at any given moment. Somone time you might go out and it will do it and another time you can do the same thing on the same stretch of road in the same spot and it not. Beats me!!

Platinum Member #51
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to chaded For This Useful Post:
theoat (04-26-2017), Trailmoose (04-26-2017)
post #45 of 54 (permalink) Old 04-26-2017, 04:17 PM

Garage
Beats me too dude.... maybe your truck has so much power that it really is spinning tires!

Maybe find an alignment shop that can perform the zpc.?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by Mickleford; 04-26-2017 at 05:34 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mickleford For This Useful Post:
theoat (04-26-2017), Trailmoose (04-26-2017)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

TundraTalk.net - Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum > Tundra Discussion > Tundra General Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TundraTalk.net - Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in