User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-21-2017, 04:22 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 156 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
1 year into ownership

So, I passed the 1 year mark last week with owning my 2016 SR5 TRD crewmax ffv Tundra and approaching 11k miles. I drive a couple miles of not so well kept gravel roads daily and the Tundra is still as tight as the day I bought it. No rattles and a much appreciated supple yet firm suspension when going over washboard pothole stricken roads. I'm not one to baby my vehicles going down these roads either. I am impressed. I had a 2014 Silverado 1500 prior to this. That truck sounded and felt like it was going to rattle apart when going down the same roads. The Tundra engineering/build quality is far superior to Chevy. The Silverado drove like a car and always felt a little anemic with power. The Tundra drives like a truck, in a good way, and delivers power in an authoritative way. The smooth yet assertive Tundra 6 speed transmission is also much appreciated as well coming from the Silverado which had an "adaptive" transmission that still seemed confused even after 30k miles. I also appreciate the lack of technology in the Tundra. It feels simple and modern inside. The Silverado had every option available...and what a waste of money that was as most of it was unproven/poorly designed tech that worked sometimes, sometimes not.

Anyways, this forum helped sway my decision to try a Tundra. Hopefully this post will help someone else thinking about making the jump as well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-21-2017, 05:05 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 84 Post(s)
i miss my 15 tundra and agree. Im thinking of trading in my 16 diesel Colorado back for a tundra.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-22-2017, 08:00 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crappie man View Post
i miss my 15 tundra and agree. Im thinking of trading in my 16 diesel Colorado back for a tundra.
I've got a friend with a Colorado diesel. It spends a lot of time in the shop for "updates"...again, GM beta testing their new products on the public.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-22-2017, 09:27 AM

Mine has had no issues and not been in shop except for oil changes and couple rattles. And far as that goes it has been as good as any vehicle I've had for so far except for rattles more than the tundra. That said comfort in tundra and it had zero rattles and much more solid feeling. Now things can change tomorrow and I start having issues but so far been great and done as it should. Great truck. Just miss the tundra and more comfortable. I trade every 2 years usually at 66k and it seems about as good as trade time for cost with my miles and is as good as sweet spot there is so with 100k warranty on the big stuff I feel ok on this truck. I'll be trading for a 18 tundra when they come out.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-22-2017, 12:17 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 133 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian20 View Post
I've got a friend with a Colorado diesel. It spends a lot of time in the shop for "updates"...again, GM beta testing their new products on the public.
Ouch! Bet that's fun. All of that time wasted back and forth to the dealer with all of the hassles and sh!t you have to put up with. I'd be pissed every trip I had to make or every hone call.

How many miles on the truck?

Actively waiting on the funds to buy my first Tundra. Now accepting Paypal funds to help out if you're generous
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-22-2017, 01:52 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmd1969 View Post
Ouch! Bet that's fun. All of that time wasted back and forth to the dealer with all of the hassles and sh!t you have to put up with. I'd be pissed every trip I had to make or every hone call.

How many miles on the truck?
I'm not sure how many miles he has on it. It's less than a year old though. He is reaching his breaking point as I did with my Silverado.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-22-2017, 11:06 PM

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 66 Post(s)
I'm at 10 months 61k I agree the truck does well down dirt roads. But not some of these giant potholes in MN.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-23-2017, 10:41 AM

if my Colorado would of been in shop more than 3 times in the first year I would be trading it when I hit my 1 year mark. Ill have about 33k on it come end of March and 1 yr. I do worry about it but did when I got it because last Chevy I had was 07 Silverado and after 1 year it was in shop for many things and towed once. It had the rattles just like this one is starting to have already. I feel otherwise so far this Colorado diesel is been what it should be and performs like it should. Love the mpg I get and being able to park in garage and it tows a bass boat good. All that said the rattles are starting and I always trade about 60k or 2 year mark and I just I just can say the Tundra I never worried and was flawless and not one shop trip and besides one rattle from new fixed the first week it was solid a year later. Had an 07 Tundra and had it 2 years and never to shop and solid not a rattle after 2 years. I have a 04 GX 470 lexus we have had since new that wife finallay got ne suv Dec of 14 and I didn't trade it in and need to sell it I just drive it about 100 miles every couple months to keep it going. It has 95k on it and needs brakes and rotos done which I was quoted $400 and just haven't done yet because think ill sell it. Don't see paying insurance on it to sit and get older. That truck besides all regular service never had an issue and still no issues. Only thing is it is also time to due the timing belt and stuff ant that is another $1200. But man what a difference in quality in my opinion. I feel much that Toyota is just more solid
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

TundraTalk.net - Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum > Tundra Discussion > Tundra General Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TundraTalk.net - Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in