Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

VACATION, where are you going???

4K views 42 replies 31 participants last post by  Hawaii 5.7 
#1 ·
Just got back from a few days at The Lake of the Ozarks. We took the wife's mini van but saw a TON of Tundras the whole trip. Saw one pulling a huge boat, another on a farm COVERED in mud...using it what it was meant for...I could not look very long!!!

Where is everyone going for a summer for vacation...are you taking the Tundra...what are you towing/hauling and what do you have planned once you get there?

Be Safe!

#2 ·
I'm working on putting a trip to the Sierras

#7 ·
Thats makes a good reason to go on vacation! :D

#4 ·
Not really a vacation, but I did take the next week and a half off. The College World Series is in town!!! After tonight, I dont have to be back til 6/26 and just plan to sit at the Blatt. GO TARHEELS!!!!!

#6 ·
goin to new york to visit a good friend of mine its bout a 5 or 6 hour trip with my truck pretty pricey

#8 ·
08 crew just got back from myrtle beach truck drove great on the hwy . on the way down running 90mph all the way got 15.7 mpg on the way home slowed down to 80mph and got 16.2 . so when you guys go on vacation just let the hammer down . oh by the way i have the 4.7 2 wheel drive .

#9 ·
Driving up to Minnesota next month from Orlando. I'll be lovin' that 33-hour drive. Then heading up to New York in August for a wedding with the truck. The end of the summer vacation will take place in Holland, France, and Germany visiting family and friends. The truck only wishes she could go there.

#11 ·
Heading down to Myrtle beach for a vacation with the Tundra. It will be the first long road trip with it. While there the Tundra will be turned over to the guys at Sparks for the supercharger install. The trip back home will be even more fun.

#12 ·
I'll be driving down to costco and filling my truck up with gas and then returning home. Since yesterdays pay check is stuffed in my gas tank I'll use the change in my ash tray to buy a slurppie at 7-11. I might pull the jetski out and hook her up to the tundra and say "If gas was only cheaper........".

#15 ·
Taking a couple of weeks off, stocking the boat, and sailing:

From East Greenwich, RI
to Watch Hill, RI
to Essex, CT
to Block Is, RI
to Cuttyhunk Is, MA
to Edgartown Martha's Vineyard, MA
to Newport, RI
to Bristol, RI
back to East Greenwich, RI.

I figure total cost of fuel for this trip will be about five-bucks.

Cheers,

Bob

#20 ·
Just came back from Vegas this past weekend, took the Tundy and it rocked. Didnt tow anything but had all our gear loaded in the bed. The headrest/sunvisor monitors helped the wife and kid from being bored with the 5 hour trip. Planning to go back in August for my cousins bachelor party.

G
#21 ·
No big trips planned this year...wife is pregnant. I just took a 3 day weekend and went to a Ghost Town with the wife's family. Had 4 adults, a 16 month old and I towed a 25' TT trailer with my Double Cab. It worked just fine. I will probably take a week of this fall to go elk hunting before the twins are born.

#23 ·
Hey boys,,,,,for everyone's information a little bit of dirt on your truck is called EXPERIENCE,,,,got it? lol,lol...
2 hot chicks travelling across the great U.S. of A. on I-70 EAST...
Newfoundland OR BUST!!!!!! only have another 4000 miles to go,,,YEEHAWW & don't forget the ferry, lol...
purchased the truck last week, getting 15.3 miles to the gallon & towing,,(sit down for this) a 16 foot CLASSIC....
can someone please please give us the over-ride code for navigation system.....we are desperate,,,,,not THAT desperate,,,no no maybe she is, lol...
Wish us luck......Thelma & Louise 08, 5.7 L, CREWMAX, 4X4, & lovin it :))

#25 ·
I have two trips, but the Tundra isn't going on either of them.

First is a trip to Playa Del Carmen, Mexico in the beginning of August. Well, South of there actually. A friend is getting married on the beach and I'm a groom's man. Darn the luck.

The second is a trip to Colorado for a week at the end of August for a family reunion near Winter Park. I was going to drive up in the Tundra and take the parents with me. It was going to actually be cheaper for three of us to drive up than it would be to fly and rent a vehicle. Then they said they have airline mileage that needed to be used so they offered me a free airline ticket and offered to pay for the rental and gas. The condos for the reunion are already paid for so I just have to pay for meals. Can't argue with that so the Tundra is staying home.

#31 ·
Spent all last week on a floating house at Lake Norris Tenn. Towed our 23 ft Yamaha boat over 750 miles, not any problems at all. Weekend of the 28th will be at Salt Fork (Ohio) boating for 4 days. Going to Hilton Head middle of July (taking the Corrola-no boat). Then Lake Cumberland first week of Aug. Gonna try and get over to Deep Creek Md in early Sept. Lotta chit planned, use most my vacation time in the summer, work all winter.

#32 · (Edited)
well I am gonna try not to go too far, I am thinking more about the expenses than about the vacation itself lol. This week I made reservations at a Courtyard Marriot at Hutchinson Island, right at the beach. It's like 2 hours from Miami. Going on July 4 for a couple of days with my family, just some nice relaxing days away from the routine.

Even though we have two 4 cylinders available for the trip I am probably taking the Tundra. Gotta enjoy it when I can lol

#35 ·
I will be driving to Lake Pomme de Terre in Missouri for a few days them up to Saint Joseph, Mo to visit family - start driving that way July 4th (is about 20 hours each way). Hopefully there will be some bridges left over the Mississippi so i can go...

#41 ·
When does the plane take off? don't want to be late for........................

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.