Firefighters prefer Toyotas - Page 2 - TundraTalk.net - Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of 26 (permalink) Old 01-30-2016, 05:07 PM
Banned

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 353 Post(s)
Along with the fact they are made here. I already gave enough of my money to the American companies with the bailout.
I think ford didn't take it though, I have to wonder if that is why they don't want to warranty anything and getting them to was nearly impossible.

Last edited by Lee's rig; 01-30-2016 at 05:10 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Lee's rig For This Useful Post:
wildbill23c (01-30-2016)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 26 (permalink) Old 01-30-2016, 05:45 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildbill23c View Post
Not a firefighter, but around here they all drive 3/4 or 1 ton diesel trucks to show off not because they actually do anything that requires a truck in the first place, its just to show off they have more money than brains.

You must be a cop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2011 Rock Warrior, Crew Max
Build Thread:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #18 of 26 (permalink) Old 01-30-2016, 06:06 PM
Stealth Ninja Moderator
Premium Member

Thanked 32,877 Times in 15,086 Posts
Mentioned: 888 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10808 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Not a firefighter, but around here they all drive 3/4 or 1 ton diesel trucks to show off not because they actually do anything that requires a truck in the first place, its just to show off they have more money than brains.
Thats the first I have heard about some overpaid firefighters.

2015 Tundra CrewMax 1794 2WD

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
ddd
ddd

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to StevenD For This Useful Post:
Mr4wdTRD (02-01-2016), MrLukie (01-30-2016)

post #19 of 26 (permalink) Old 01-30-2016, 06:33 PM

Thanked 2,487 Times in 1,553 Posts
Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 677 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrLukie View Post
You must be a cop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nope.
post #20 of 26 (permalink) Old 01-30-2016, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevenD View Post
Thats the first I have heard about some overpaid firefighters.
Must be. Actually many are volunteer here in town. By the time the fire department arrives whatever was on fire is already burned down LOL. I would figure by now we would have a full time fire department but the town still really isn't large enough to support it.

Funny, many of our local firefighters work full time jobs here in town, most never use their trucks for a truck, they seriously have them to show off...or act like they are showing off...they don't impress me at all.

The county has full time staff, but the city is volunteer. Even the ambulance staff are mostly volunteer. Wish they'd start a full time station, its really needed here, not sure how it would be supported financially though.

I could care less what they do with their hard earned money, but IMO the way they have their trucks setup its pure show, nothing with a lifted truck tells me they actually use them for work, otherwise they wouldn't have them lifted like they do LOL.
post #21 of 26 (permalink) Old 01-30-2016, 06:47 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Quote:
Must be. Actually many are volunteer here in town. By the time the fire department arrives whatever was on fire is already burned down LOL. I would figure by now we would have a full time fire department but the town still really isn't large enough to support it.

Funny, many of our local firefighters work full time jobs here in town, most never use their trucks for a truck, they seriously have them to show off...or act like they are showing off...they don't impress me at all.

The county has full time staff, but the city is volunteer. Even the ambulance staff are mostly volunteer. Wish they'd start a full time station, its really needed here, not sure how it would be supported financially though.

I could care less what they do with their hard earned money, but IMO the way they have their trucks setup its pure show, nothing with a lifted truck tells me they actually use them for work, otherwise they wouldn't have them lifted like they do LOL.
They are living life, having fun and building the commarady amongst themselves. The building may burn down, but if they respond to your home on a medical aid call, they will give 110% to save your life.

2016 TRD Pro Crew Max

"A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DBL TAP For This Useful Post:
MrLukie (02-04-2016), wildbill23c (01-30-2016)
post #22 of 26 (permalink) Old 01-30-2016, 06:52 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
We are a smaller combination department with approx. 150 volunteers and 25 paid staff. Of the paid staff: 3 Tundras and 1 Taco. Several of the volunteers run Tundras and love them. As I've mentioned in my previous posts, I love my Tundra, but frustrated still that the transfer case failed in the first few thousand miles.

Fortunately, Toyota and the dealership worked out an agreement to provide me a 100,000/8yr Platinum VSA at no charge after some negotiating. Hoping it continues to last. Previously had a 2004 F150 STX w/ 156,000 miles. Not a bad truck, but was starting to show its age.

2015 Tundra SR5 TRD

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Keirtt For This Useful Post:
DBL TAP (01-30-2016), wildbill23c (01-30-2016)
post #23 of 26 (permalink) Old 01-30-2016, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBL TAP View Post
They are living life, having fun and building the commarady amongst themselves. The building may burn down, but if they respond to your home on a medical aid call, they will give 110% to save your life.
Being volunteer I'm not sure what they get paid, but I know it isn't much. its sad they put their lives on the line just like other emergency responders, yet they don't get paid very well . I'm not sure how it works here, if they are paid per call, or how it works, I mean they are volunteer, but they do get paid I would assume, otherwise why on earth would they do what they do LOL.

Many here actually work here in town full time, a couple actually own small businesses in town, but I couldn't imagine trying to actually use their trucks for work purposes with them lifted in the air the way they are LOL.

Most of the guys here in town have Dodge Ram diesels or Ford Diesels, very few GM products. I think they drive them because they are heavy duty and hold up well to the rough conditions they are faced with. I know several who just drive their own vehicle to the incident especially if they aren't right in town when they get the call. There are many areas here that aren't exactly car friendly...and in reality I wouldn't like driving my truck in there either LOL...which may explain why they went with a large truck and a lift.

One of the guys actually drives a bob'd Deuce & a half truck. Gets shit for fuel economy but looks cool LOL. His reason for driving it...he don't give a shit about fuel economy...and he drives it because he can. Like I said I could care less what they own/drive, I'd just really hate to have to use them for any work purposes that involved loading or unloading anything out of the bed of the truck LOL.
post #24 of 26 (permalink) Old 01-30-2016, 06:55 PM

Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by v4lu3s View Post
My station...
2 chevy 1500s
1 dodge 1500
1 f150
2 Tacomas
2 of us have tundras as secondary vehicles (so you never see them at the station)

on other shifts there are multiple ford and dodge 250/2500+ diesels and chevy 1500s. no more tundras though.

my station is also right on the widest freeway in the world.

my experience...when a full size truck is wadded up in a ball you cant tell what brand it is very easily.
And cutting up brand new dodge/ram vehicles is TOUGH they use so many layers of folded sheet steel. For example on the Charger/Challenger chassis you CANNOT roll the dash in the traditional manner due to the extreme strength and rigidity of the chassis.

What about a dash lift? Notch a big ass V in the bottom of the A post below dash and use spreaders in there along with cut A post above dash, relief crish in fender above tire. Does that work on those new Dodges?

Thanks..
post #25 of 26 (permalink) Old 02-01-2016, 03:38 PM

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
[QUOTE=wildbill23c;6869994]Being volunteer I'm not sure what they get paid, but I know it isn't much. its sad they put their lives on the line just like other emergency responders, yet they don't get paid very well . I'm not sure how it works here, if they are paid per call, or how it works, I mean they are volunteer, but they do get paid I would assume, otherwise why on earth would they do what they do LOL.

Being a volunteer myself I can say we do not get paid where I am other than a $200 tax credit.

2014 CM Magnetic Gray, SR5 Package, Undercover SE bed cover, Husky Weatherbeater floor mats, Interior LED light conversion, LED foot well lights, LED license plate and bed light conversion, LED Glow 8 piece bed lights, Dee Zee NXc running boards

KCCO
post #26 of 26 (permalink) Old 02-01-2016, 03:48 PM

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
I have had Dodge diesels since 1996,this year bought a 2015 Tundra. love diesels but all the emissions crap on them now reminds me of the 70s for gas engines.
Paid FF since 1990,guys at work busted my balls for a jap truck till i reminded them that dodge is owned by fiat and built in mexico

2015 Platinum Crewmax Midnight Black TRD Big brake kit, Exhaust ,sway bar, Supercharger, Pro Suspension.Skid plate,Grill Lockerdown safe.Airlift 5000,Backflip F1CS ,Rigid Led bar
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

TundraTalk.net - Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum > Tundra Discussion > Tundra General Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TundraTalk.net - Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in