2015 - Built in brake controller - has anyone actually seen one? - Page 2 - TundraTalk.net - Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-01-2015, 03:59 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Post 11 in this thread has the P/N for the panel I am speaking of. And yes, it is the panel in the diagram above. It is the replacement on the '14 and '15 Tundras. Don't think it will work on a '12. Most of the older trucks have been mounting them in the dash cubby under the A/C. Look at post 3 in the same thread.

https://www.tundratalk.net/forums/tun...ml#post3276417

I got it from one of club's sponsoring Toyota dealers. $30 sounds about right.

Mike

2014 CM SR5 Magnetic Gray Metallic
- SR5 Upgrade Package w/ dealer leather
- Louisiana Edition Package
- Swapped in OEM non-JBL Nav HU
- a bunch of LED bulbs

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1997 LX450

Last edited by Bang Bang; 04-01-2015 at 04:03 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-01-2015, 04:03 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bang Bang View Post
Post 11 in this thread has the P/N for the panel I am speaking of. And yes, it is the panel in the diagram above. It is the replacement on the '14 and '15 Tundras.

https://www.tundratalk.net/forums/tun...ml#post3276417

I got it from one of club's sponsoring Toyota dealers. $30 sounds about right.
Damn. Ok. Any idea if this available for a 2012?
post #18 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-01-2015, 06:37 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan.clark View Post
Damn. Ok. Any idea if this available for a 2012?
Not available for anything 2013 and older

post #19 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-01-2015, 10:26 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 128 Post(s)
I would be happy to trade my rear window that rolls down in exchange for a brake controller or a bigger tank.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

That's right... It's an 14' with a foot print gas pedal and a Hurst speed shifter with a pool-ball grip.
Build Log Here:

14' Tundra 1794 Save The Chrome Club #46
02' Tundra Limited (Gone)
post #20 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-02-2015, 10:39 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I would think it would be for the later '14 or ''15 model with the controller plug moved to the right side (remember? the plug that does not exist) and the redesigned dash panel. The panel used to be attached to a metal brace at the bottom, and that is gone. Maybe someone else has ordered one and could tell you better. If the metal brace is at the bottom, of the panel in your truck, it makes for an easy mount using the controller bracket and two self tapping screws.

Colorado TJ is right, kskateskiier's post was HILARIOUS. Best laugh I have had since I took delivery of my '15.
post #21 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-03-2015, 01:35 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoTJ View Post
Every time I hear "integrated brake controller" and "want" in the same paragraph I think of Fast Lane Truck series videos and the Ike Gauntlet. In almost every video they brag about how great the other truck is since it has the "Integrated brake controller" and how Toyota is lacking in this department.

Then we get to the decent part of the video and the Russian takes the brake temperatures and everyone shits themselves because the service brakes are hot enough to cook your breakfast. For some reason they can never set the controllers right. The external brake controllers they seem not to have issues with.

Now I do have to admit, the Ford system is pretty nice in the 250/350. You can store several trailers and your personal settings per trailer. Pretty sweet for the guys that have multiple trailers or tow commercially. Not a big bonus for me since I have one trailer and loads vary from 3k to 9k lbs and I actually know how to set my trailer brakes.
I love how at the beginning they knock the Tundra for not having a brake controller and that the brake fluid is going to boil causing a loss of braking but then at the end the Dodge's brakes are over 700 degrees lol. That just tells me that the rotors are made from pop cans
post #22 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-03-2015, 11:55 PM Thread Starter
Premium Member

Thanked 2,133 Times in 1,115 Posts
Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Quoted: 254 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Not much to update on this today. My salesman called today and said he and another guy have been trying to figure this out and get to the bottom of this for a few days. He and the parts manager ran the part numbers of the package in the picture, which is for the panel. The panel shows up as available for order, but absolutely nothing for the actual controller itself. He's calling a rep at the factory on Monday as the truck is supposed to be built on April 22, and we want to figure this out before hand. I'm not holding my breath and I just went ahead and bought the Tekonsha 3017-P harness for my P3. I'll buy the panel and fabricate a nice looking install of the P3 in it.

On a better note, Toyota USA sent me a nice care package today for calling and expressing concern about this. Got a nice metal thermos and a hat. A brake controller would have been nice too.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

TundraTalk.net - Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum > Tundra Discussion > Tundra General Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TundraTalk.net - Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in