Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

2014 Double Cab getting SC today

4K views 23 replies 14 participants last post by  theoat 
#1 ·
I am super stoked, my truck is about 10 minutes away from going to the dealer to get my SC installed. I am giddy like a kid at Christmas!

#9 ·
Charge is about $7300, but she forgot that I had a remote start that never showed up that I got at purchase time. I found that the Toyota remote start is kind of useless, so I just had them hold on to the credit until the SC came out.

I understand that the SC and fit kit have gone up in price a bit, but I was kind of expecting around 6000 - 6500, so I was a bit confused as to why it was so spendy. I may try to haggle a bit, but probably will be too excited to squabble.

I was able to meet the fella doing the install, and I was happy to see that he was older than I am. He has done several SC installs and only had one grenade about 40,000 miles earlier. It was a Tacoma with the 4.0 and the fella was a lead foot.

They should have the truck until tomorrow.

#10 ·
The tires are 35 X 12.5 X 20. Toyo MT

The dealer installed the lift before I bought the truck, but I think it is a 2 or 3 inch. It is a spacer up front and some blocks out back. It has bilstein shocks in the rear.

When I went to get the fender flares put on, the guy was pretty upset that the Toyota dealer was using some "lame spacer" that only covers the top of the shock mount. He also sells lift kits. Maybe when it is out of warranty, I will make it bigger, but it has plenty of ground clearance and tire clearance. This truck is long as a yacht, so it really isn't the best choice for most trails.

#15 ·
This thing is bada$$ and all of the traction controls make a bit of sense now. I had to drive to Portland and back twice over the weekend, so I got a pretty good feel for what it is capable of. I took a video, but it was dark and the iPhone had a hard time focusing on the speedo and tach. I will get a good video out sometime soon. Silly job is getting in the way of doing it right now.

I do have some pics of it installed in the engine. Enjoy and I will get some video soon.

The largest gain is between 50 and 85 -- it takes no time to pass people on the two lane roads through the mountains; but watch out if there is any moisture on the road at all --

One of the biggest surprises is that my fuel mileage has actually gone up substantially. I was getting about 11.2 without the SC, but now I am getting about 13 with it. My mileage is off due to the larger tires, so both numbers are actually off by about 8% (so realistic numbers is about 12.5 without the SC and about 14-15 with it).

Thank you all for sharing in my excitement.

Attachments

#17 ·
Now i want to trade my truck in for a non FF.

Reactions: Mr. Creosote
#18 ·
Looks nice!

#20 ·
Put it on YouTube and post a link

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.