User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-09-2014, 08:31 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Rattling Dash???

I have noticed a rattling noise in my dash on right side/pass side of the truck. It may have been this for a while but i just noticed it after a week ago having my windshield replaced. Where that is related idk? Has anyone else had this problem or has this problem? Any suggestions ideas etc would be great.

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-09-2014, 08:41 PM
Premium Member

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 104 Post(s)
Garage
I have the same issue and it is certainly driving me nuts. I have not had a replacement windshield installed. If you are able to pinpoint the culprit please share.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

AZTC #87

MGMC #259

2013 DC MGM

BAMuffler Budget System - Line-X Premium - Kenwood DDX771 - Image Dynamics CTX65CS - 2 Sundown 8's in custom ported box - JL1000.1 - Custom Retrofit by Marco Pazorell - Viper 5704V Remote Start - Rigid D2 Dually in fogs
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-09-2014, 11:09 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by hidtundra View Post
I have the same issue and it is certainly driving me nuts. I have not had a replacement windshield installed. If you are able to pinpoint the culprit please share.
I hate to hear you are having the same problem. Again the noise might have been there for a while but just notice it and or the pushing down on something on the dash during the install of windshield might have made worse or even yet the problem.

If I do find the problem i will post back with what it is but its like looking for a needle in a hay sack since the dash is in place. Hopefully someone else can lead us both to where and what to look for to resolve the problem?

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-10-2014, 10:41 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Still noting found yet. Has anyone else also had this problem ever before or current?
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-11-2014, 12:00 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Rattling noises are almost different every single time. have someone else drive the vehicle on the type of roads you hear it most on and sit where you think the noise is coming from. That should help you pin point it. It could be anything from a loose WH connector, a WH touching a garnish or anything really.

6 inch procomp stage 1
20x10 fuel revolver wrapped in 35x12.5 toyo's
N10ce fab insert
30inch oracle scanner
Diode dynamics color shift under IP LEDs
Coach builder +3 shackles
Complete led cluster swap
Amp research power steps
Morimoto high beam retrofit
BHLM
Anytime fogs
Paramount Restyling grill with Rijon custom emblem
BAMuffler 4"system
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-13-2014, 09:33 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 50 Post(s)
Although I have a 2012, I had a rattling noise coming from the front passenger side that was driving me nutts. It sounded like it was coming from the door but as I listened everday to try and pinpoint it, I finally found the cause. There was a panel directly underneath the area of the glove box that was secured but didn't have enough support to keep it from moving during driving. Take your hand and put it under the dash area where the carpet comes up and meets it. You'll find the panel if it's like the 2007-2013s

I found it by tapping my hand along the underside of the glove box area until I heard the same sound that was driving me crazy lol. I ended up getting some pieces of weather stripping and putting it between the panel and some of the brackets that supported it. It's been almost 2 years and I hadn't heard this it since.

Not sure how the 2014s are but that would be a good place to start looking.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Black 2012 Crewmax SR5. Backlfip G2 bed cover and Autotain headrest DVD players. LED bed lights, cargo lights, interior lights and step bar lights.

Proud to be an official member of "The roll your Rear window down because the Truck behind you can't do it" club.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-14-2014, 08:54 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
I also had a rattling noise. After reading this forum I was able to locate it, it was the wiring harness mount. It melts up against the firewall and is located on the passenger side. Basically it rattles on the mount and it just needs a zip tie to make it tight.to access it you need to go in from under the hood not from the inside its right up against a firewall
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-17-2014, 02:56 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
My 07 has had a rattling where the right windshield pillar fits into the dash. Tried stuffing strips of felt between them and around the lower portion of the pillar but because of the way they're made it kept pushing the felt out.
Finally stuffed some pieces of foam up under the dash and it stopped the rattles unless it's really cold.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

TundraTalk.net - Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum > Tundra Discussion > Tundra General Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TundraTalk.net - Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in