User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-20-2014, 11:46 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 85 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Need advice on new purchase.

So i just bought a 2010 5.7 crew in white. We all know the issues white has. So i noticed when i was look8ng the truck over that the tailgate had been painted, not a deal breaker but still. Dealer added 500 more to my trade so i was ok with that. Today i am look8ng the truck over more and noticed the pass side front fender was also painted. I removed the infender l8ner and it wasnt in an accident since you would havebeen able to tell from the inside. The bolts from the fender havent be messed with either since the paint would have come off the screws or you would be able to see some type of marks from the removing them. The paint matches perfect, this is why i never noticed it to begin with. Now i email the manger to see what, if anything, could be done. What do you guys think? Return it, get somemore money back, etc. Give me your input. Truck is is excellent shape except for what i have mentioned and is certified.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-20-2014, 11:53 PM
Premium Member

Thanked 3,070 Times in 1,742 Posts
Mentioned: 44 Post(s)
Quoted: 533 Post(s)
Garage
If you like the deal you got, don't worry about it. Every new truck is gonna be a used truck. I just don't see something like that being worth worrying about. Lots of other stuff that needs real attention.

On the plus side, the newer paint will be more durable than the original white paint. If you want to get right down to it, the dealer should have asked for more money for the the better paint.

I got a white truck too, the factory paint really is just shit!

KO

TWAC (formally know as TWAT) #69
Mods:
AIP delete
TPMS delete
Rear camera install
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to koditten For This Useful Post:
ColoradoTJ (04-21-2014), MaylonTRD (04-21-2014)
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-21-2014, 01:54 AM

Thanked 2,585 Times in 1,633 Posts
Mentioned: 56 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1133 Post(s)
All dealerships send the vehicles through a reconditioning company. Hell, most of the time right on the lot.

Tailgate most likely had scratches (as of this weekend mine now does from rocks) and the front end was probably touched up as well.

From all the complaints about thin, weak paint on these trucks....not surprised.

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-21-2014, 02:27 AM
Premium Member

Thanked 17,301 Times in 5,248 Posts
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2012 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by pursuit2550 View Post
The paint matches perfect, this is why i never noticed it to begin with. Now i email the manger to see what, if anything, could be done. What do you guys think? Return it, get somemore money back, etc. Give me your input. Truck is is excellent shape except for what i have mentioned and is certified.
Truck is certified, in excellent condition, and the paint matches so perfectly that it's not noticeable... What's the issue?

Sent from my LG G2
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Johnny 5 For This Useful Post:
MaylonTRD (04-21-2014), tridacna (04-22-2014)
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-21-2014, 06:04 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 81 Post(s)
It is a used truck after all.....not brand spankin' new. I'd be ok with it.

2011 RW CM
Tint all around
3/1 Level
35x12.50r17 Goodyear MTR with Kevlar
Black Bullbar

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-21-2014, 07:33 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
I hear what your saying about it being a used truck, but it sucks to find something like this after the fact. On the plus side its so good that you cannt tell. I noticed because it was at night and i was shining a light all over and noticed a small flaw by the anttena. If that flaw wouldnt have been there I would have noticed. Either way I email the dealer, maybe they will kick back something more, doesnt hurt to try.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-21-2014, 08:24 AM

Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Did you check the car fax?
That'd probably tell what happened and I'll bet you that's why the truck was gotten rid of.
It doesn't mean the truck is a lemon or whatever but may have a 'history' reducing its true value.
Maybe the owner crushed it up and did the work himself or paid someone to fix it.

Damaged goods....kinda like yer girlfriend saying she lost her virginity at a earlier age than you.lol

post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-21-2014, 08:47 AM

Thanked 2,585 Times in 1,633 Posts
Mentioned: 56 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1133 Post(s)
I wouldn't put a lot of faith in carfax.

My wife's first Tacoma was:

- rear ended, new bumper
- side swiped in parking lot, all new paint on passenger side, new side mirror.

Our 2001 commuter car was hit in a snow storm. New hood, front fender, headlight and paint all down the side of the car. No carfax report. Done by a professional shop.

Rolled my 2003 Jeep wrangler. No carfax report. Cost 7k to repair hood, fenders, passenger door, windshield/frame.

Never had anything on a carfax. Everything was done by a professional shops. Not sure why they haven't showed up.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-21-2014, 08:57 AM

Quoted: 45 Post(s)
I dunno either.
I'm sure there's a way out of it.
Certain shops probably don't care about reporting which 'should' be against the law in this tech savvy era were information trumps all.
Sad for the people buying these vehicles that are due the truth.
I've bought new for years now just because you can't trust anyone.Even new you're taking a chance.

post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-21-2014, 11:05 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Carfax is clean, but then again you cannt trust them. Anyways I took out the fender liner and looked inside the fender. Its brand new, never been hit. The screws holding the fender have not been tampered with. Like i said, reason I saw it was because of the little flawed paint next to the antenna and other wise you couldnt tell it was painted. The rest of the truck is oem paint, this i doubled-tripled checked already after seeing the fender. Dealer emailed me back and going to find out what they can about this(yeah right), but will see.
The Following User Says Thank You to pursuit2550 For This Useful Post:
wgreenlee1021 (04-21-2014)
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-21-2014, 06:09 PM
Premium Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny 5 View Post
Truck is certified, in excellent condition, and the paint matches so perfectly that it's not noticeable... What's the issue?

Sent from my LG G2
Exactly what he said.

It seems they may have done you a favor by making the truck look better. As long as it was painted by a good shop there's nothing to worry about. 6 years before I traded in my 2007 I was rear ended and one side of the bed was painted. I could never tell after 6 years. I don't think the dealer did anything wrong.

2014 4Runner Limited Blizzard Pearl- Wife's
2014 Tundra SR5 TSS Edition 5.7L

ProComp 6" lift, XD809 18x9 -12 offset, Trail Grappler 35x12.50, Hypertech Speedo Calibrator, Drivers Handle, Coachbuilder Driveline Spacer

post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-21-2014, 08:17 PM
Banned

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 371 Post(s)
probably had the classic white paint blotches and they repainted and probably right when it was new as alot of that shit came from the factory like that.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

TundraTalk.net - Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum > Tundra Discussion > Tundra General Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TundraTalk.net - Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in