User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-15-2014, 11:48 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
4 hi/4lo abs

Well all the sudden the trucks dash lights are going screwy, Everything is blinking. I took the truck in and I find out I need a new "transfer case computer" and that its going to cost around a grand in labour to fix. And another grand in parts, 2008 tundra with 140,000 kilometers. The truck will not go into 4wd and is going to end up costing thousands to fix. Just had to do the AIP aswell. I bought a tundra to have a reliable truck. Not a piece of chit.....Well looks like I might have gotten a lemon, not to mention rust at the base of the doors and underneath the doors( oiled every year but one), Overall this truck has been a let down. Toyota reliability is a joke in my experiences. Will not be buying another one. Not to mention the bed bounce and paint quality issues. All this within a few months of paying it off, Sorry folks needed to vent
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-15-2014, 12:28 PM
Premium Member

Thanked 3,147 Times in 2,070 Posts
Mentioned: 51 Post(s)
Quoted: 1514 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by the duke View Post
Well all the sudden the trucks dash lights are going screwy, Everything is blinking. I took the truck in and I find out I need a new "transfer case computer" and that its going to cost around a grand in labour to fix. And another grand in parts, 2008 tundra with 140,000 kilometers. The truck will not go into 4wd and is going to end up costing thousands to fix. Just had to do the AIP aswell. I bought a tundra to have a reliable truck. Not a piece of chit.....Well looks like I might have gotten a lemon, not to mention rust at the base of the doors and underneath the doors( oiled every year but one), Overall this truck has been a let down. Toyota reliability is a joke in my experiences. Will not be buying another one. Not to mention the bed bounce and paint quality issues. All this within a few months of paying it off, Sorry folks needed to vent
did you have to pay for the AIP? That should have been covered I thought.

I agree though, not very toyota like, however every brand can have issues at one time or another, hopefully this is it for yours.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2016 Tundra Platinum Crewmax 4x4
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2013 Ram Sport 4x4, 8-speed, 3.92, 5.7, 4x4, Borla exhaust
2010 LTD Tundra DC, 4x4 RW Wheels 33" Cooper ST Maxx
2001 tundra Access Cab 4x4
2000 tundra Access Cab 4x4
1998 Tacoma extended cab 4x4
1997 Tacoma regular cab 4x4
1995.5 Tacoma regular cab 4x4
The Following User Says Thank You to Breathing Borla For This Useful Post:
the duke (04-15-2014)
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-15-2014, 01:06 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Yes the AIP was covered, I guess I got a little ticked in my original post. The reality is, we all hate to lose faith in a vehicle. I guess I will suck it up and fix the truck, At least I don't need 4wd right now due to the spring being finally upon us(Canada) I guess I will have to see what the future holds, I have maintained the vehicle religiously, I will have to suck it up and hope she is good for a good while. I suppose it could be worse. Still think its the best 1/2 ton on the road. But not as much as I did at one point.

Cheers
The Following User Says Thank You to the duke For This Useful Post:
Hootbro (04-16-2014)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

TundraTalk.net - Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum > Tundra Discussion > Tundra General Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TundraTalk.net - Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in