Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

Tundra vs Titan

24K views 92 replies 24 participants last post by  codyh12345 
#1 ·
Has anyone here owned a Titan?
I've done a good but of reading but was hoping for personal input comparing the two trucks.

Thanks

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

#39 ·
I'm not making fun a typo you moron I'm making fun of the fact you keep glossing over the fact that your first reply to my post was "wtf you don't know what you are talking about" when I quite easily proved I do. It wasn't till afte that you all the sudden went from wtf to oh its a typo. As usual with texas your mouth out ran your brain.

#41 · (Edited)
I'm not making fun a typo you moron I'm making fun of the fact you keep glossing over the fact that your first reply to my post was "wtf you don't know what you are talking about" when I quite easily proved I do. It wasn't till afte that you all the sudden went from wtf to oh its a typo. As usual with texas your mouth out ran your brain.
And the noob continues to attack and waste bandwidth with useless posts. :rolleyes:

Oh and you seem to contradict yourself in your own posts. Seems you are David.

This post has been deleted
#40 ·
I suggest look at the measurements. The Titan is a full size truck. It is only shorter due to not near as much front overhang as the other trucks. On the latest TFL test, the Titan pulled the 10k load real well for it's power. It was faster 0-60 and faster 0-60 with a trailer than the 5.3L GM truck and the current Tundra. 5.6L too small...that makes me laugh. I guess today yes. But looking back in 2004.....it was the best truck in it's class at the time and brought a lot of new stuff then. We don't want to discuss how major the rust issues were on the previous Tundras now do we? I mean, gee a Diff failure if it happens, big deal, but when a frame rusts with holes in it and has to be replaced is a major issue. :rolleyes:

#43 ·
Admittedly I have never owned a Titan but did admire them when they came out however many years ago that was. What turned me off completely from the brand and why there never was a Titan in the driveway is I owned a S/C Xterra for a while. That thing was gutless and got horrible gas mileage. Okay so it's an SUV but the interior felt very cheap and had a good amount of creaks and rattles, closing the doors sounded like dropping a can of sardines. I bought into the "made for the outdoors" and thought I would try Nissan. It just wasn't for me.

My opinion is as well that Toyota interiors for a long time were BORING. Even my Tundra is BORING. That said, it's functional, easy to maintain, easy to take apart, and most importantly, does not rattle. Big pet peeve. I'm ready to throw my child's car seat out of the window at highway speed because it rattles something fierce. (when she's not in it :D )

Honestly, I would wait on the Titan. With a new redesign coming, man that first gen is going to nose dive on resale.

The Tundra may not be for everyone, but it ticks boxes that most other trucks couldn't for me.

#49 ·
Sure it is....so now we aren't discussing Titans vs Tundras anymore but more less being childish and calling people names or making fun of them. :rolleyes:

For someone who has been here almost a year, I think I have a bit more authority than you that has only been here less than a month and 40 posts worth of trash?

#78 ·
You are crazy. I owned two Tundras last year and I have owned two ecoboost's this year and the ecoboost will drive circles around the Tundra when it is not broken down. The other day I towed a couple of planes at the airport with my ecoboost with no problem and got 72 MPG. In 5 months of ownership it has only broken down 11 times and been if for five recalls, you should really consider an ecoboost.

#90 ·
Awe skittletits, Mdox made fun of me. I might go cry a river now. Wait, I'm gonna report him!!

BTW, by bad gas mileage that thing got 10MPG, freeway. So yeah, it sucked monkey balls.
Dealer couldn't find anything wrong with it and they couldn't do anything about it. Yup, I should have bought a Titan after that experience. Reassuring experience.

Reactions: wgreenlee1021
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.