Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

dealer has trouble programing keyless entry

1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  volleyball 
#1 ·
Hey all, i have a 08 tundra grade that i have added keyless entry to, p/n 89741-0c040. i took the truck to the dealer to have the fob programmed and the dealer said the techstream would not recognize the reciever. I did buy the part used, but i find it hard to believe that its defective already. has anyone had this problem? Or have any tips i could suggest to my dealer.

thanks

#2 ·
ah hah, I had the same exact problem . I bought my '04 used and after locating the previous owner , he sent me the fob that came with the truck . He could never get it to work either and instead of going back to the dealer to bitch right off the bat he just let it go ...past warranty. I tried many reprogramming tactics, open shut the door , turn the key, open shut the door ...never got so much as a blip...so I took it into the dealer and see if they could do it . They told me the fob and truck had 2 different signals or whatever they refer to and it was never ever going to work , a new fob would be like idk something ridiculous like $225 . I said ok , I guess continuing to putting the key in the door isn't so bad. Not worth $225 and then $60 for them to program that one too.

#3 ·
I wonder if the work truck ECU is set to allow keyless. If it is, maybe some of the wires are missing like we have for the info switch.
If it isn't easy to figure out, maybe an aftermarket remote start would serve you better. starting and doors on the new FOB. Should be about $200 installed.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.