Audio Packages - Page 2 - TundraTalk.net - Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-24-2013, 09:26 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
I have my truck booked in to replace the sub Nov 15. The new subs will have a new box and their own dial to adjust volume so i can turn the bass down in the door speakers cause right now they mids and treble are really crisp and clear just that damn sub. As well i have a nasty vibration in the drivers side door the little plastic piece that the window switches are in. Any idea how to fix that? Bubble gum?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
2014 Tundra Platinum, 7" BDS Lift, 35" x 12.5" Procomp Xtreme MT, 20" x 9" BMF F.I.T.E 5 wheels, NFab Wheel to Wheel, Royalty-Core LED Grill, TRD Exhaust, Volant CAI, 46 Gallon Titan Tank, Rhino-liner, 20% Tinted front windows, Volant CAI, Hypertech Chip, Bushwacker Fender Flares, 30" Rigid LED light bar, Firestone Airbags with on board pump, Autostart Command Start, Custom sub box with 2-8" JL subs.

SOLD-2007 Toyota Dbl Cab SR5- 33" x 12.5" Procomp with 18" Fuel Hostage, Fender Flares, AFE Cold Air Intake
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-24-2013, 10:23 AM
Premium Member

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Are they putting in an amp for the sub or just using factory? Thanks for the ideas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newman90 View Post
I have my truck booked in to replace the sub Nov 15. The new subs will have a new box and their own dial to adjust volume so i can turn the bass down in the door speakers cause right now they mids and treble are really crisp and clear just that damn sub. As well i have a nasty vibration in the drivers side door the little plastic piece that the window switches are in. Any idea how to fix that? Bubble gum?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2014 Sunset Bronze 1794 4x4

Mods and add ons:
Method double standards w/ 275/70r18s BFG ATs
2.5 Kings with 700 springs up front
Fab Four front bumper with Warn M12000
Rigid 28" E2 Combo & D2 driving on bumper
Rigid flush dually flood in rear bumper
White Knuckle Rock Sliders with diamond top plate
TRD Duals
Spray in Liner (gulf states)
Tint all around including windshield
Blendmount w/ Valentine1 & remote display
GTR lighting LEDs
Bruno Outrider
Push Rock Controls
Glide N' Go
Streamlight Stinger DS HL installed in center console
post #18 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-24-2013, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neverwowheels View Post
Are they putting in an amp for the sub or just using factory? Thanks for the ideas
Putting in an amp as well but i told them i do not want to change my screen or the door speakers

2014 Tundra Platinum, 7" BDS Lift, 35" x 12.5" Procomp Xtreme MT, 20" x 9" BMF F.I.T.E 5 wheels, NFab Wheel to Wheel, Royalty-Core LED Grill, TRD Exhaust, Volant CAI, 46 Gallon Titan Tank, Rhino-liner, 20% Tinted front windows, Volant CAI, Hypertech Chip, Bushwacker Fender Flares, 30" Rigid LED light bar, Firestone Airbags with on board pump, Autostart Command Start, Custom sub box with 2-8" JL subs.

SOLD-2007 Toyota Dbl Cab SR5- 33" x 12.5" Procomp with 18" Fuel Hostage, Fender Flares, AFE Cold Air Intake

post #19 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-24-2013, 04:47 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
If they pull the factory amp I would like to know the specs on it please. Also the specs on the sub would be nice.

I may just have to tear into it and find out what the sub is and what box it's in. There might be a really easy fix, like slowing the air down to the sub or building a new box.
post #20 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-24-2013, 05:15 PM
Premium Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 163 Post(s)
Quote:
Putting in an amp as well but i told them i do not want to change my screen or the door speakers
Did they go over with you how they are going to install everything? Like what parts and where they are gonna get the factory audio signal from?
post #21 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-24-2013, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14TundraS5 View Post
Did they go over with you how they are going to install everything? Like what parts and where they are gonna get the factory audio signal from?
Not really besides saying making there own box with 2 8" JL subs and an $800 dollar amp lol. They do custom installs everyday hence why i couldnt get my truck in until Nov 15th. I trust they will do good. I could ask them when they do it to make a journal with pictures lol

post #22 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-24-2013, 06:09 PM
Premium Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 163 Post(s)
Quote:
Not really besides saying making there own box with 2 8" JL subs and an $800 dollar amp lol. They do custom installs everyday hence why i couldnt get my truck in until Nov 15th. I trust they will do good. I could ask them when they do it to make a journal with pictures lol
Yea, I have an idea on how I plan to do it.. I was just wondering what their plan is with making the amp work with the stock head unit.. I think ive found a way to get around this without having to cut any factory wires.. So I am trying to pick anyones brain that has been behind the factory radio, before I tear into it..

I mean if they can document, or even just tell you how they plan to do that portion.. that would be great.. No big deal though..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

TundraTalk.net - Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum > Tundra Discussion > Tundra General Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TundraTalk.net - Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in