drop the glass with the Key... - Page 3 - TundraTalk.net - Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-16-2013, 10:36 PM
Premium Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by porkchop View Post
For those who are new to Toyota and some that are not one FAB (feature advantage benefit) that is often over looked or not stated is for those with factory sunroof. Insert key in drivers door turn and hold clock wise and ta da the front windows go down and sun roof opens. Many sales people don't know this about the Toyota product they sale or just forget to point this out.

But there is a warning if you show this off to often it will draw down the battery...have fun showing off or just airing out cab!!
Tried it on my 07 CM with no luck. Told my buddy who just got his 10 CM 4x4 about it and we tried it. The only thing that we got to open and close was the sunroof. Any ideas why the front windows aren't doing it also? Or is that just the way it is set up.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-17-2013, 05:52 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Would this built in feature be on my 2011 DC?
post #33 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-17-2013, 10:00 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
So my salesman reached out to me the other day to see how the truck was and make sure I was still happy, etc.. We were discussing the truck and I mentioned dropping the windows with the key fob. He said he'd ask the service dept and get back to me. Today he sends me an email saying they can set it up for me next time I bring my truck in for service. He had them program it on his '13 runner after I brought it to his attention. Not sure whats involved, but I thought I'd pass this info on for what its worth.

post #34 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-18-2013, 01:16 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
do you think all windows could be programmed to respond to the key trick?

Also, the module that you guys are speaking of for the remote activated roll down, does it work with the factory remote or do I have to get another fob? I dont really want another fob unless its a 2 way pager system.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2014 Tundra CM 4x4 1794 Edition
Attitude Black Metallic
BTCM #269
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #35 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-20-2013, 09:37 PM

Thanked 1,018 Times in 621 Posts
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 194 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BParks23 View Post
What are you saying is built into the truck?
The windows down / up trick (with the key).

Black Tundra Club Member #235

Save The Chrome Member #10
post #36 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-20-2013, 10:59 PM
F.B.I.
Premium Member

Thanked 3,111 Times in 1,350 Posts
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
I believe for the factory fob you will have to see what wire gets the 12v when the key fob unlock signal is sent and if the signal is constant as long as the button is depressed. Then the pac tr-7 would have to be programmed to send a ground signal to the appropriate ground wire for the window when 12v is received. That way you could do it from the factory fob by holding down the unlock button until all windows are down.

30% tint Fronts & 5% backs Recon 3rd brake & tails Amp Power Steps ║ LRO 3/1 Digi-fit mats Volant CAI ║ 20" Cranks +0 33x12.5 Toyo M/Ts Corsa Sport ║ Sound upgrades ║ Sparks LED DRLs RIjon Emblem RIjon MS-8 Screen Craven Stubby VSC Bypass Mod Debadged Interior LEDs BHLM Oracle Halos & DRL Halo Indicator LED ║ Dipped Chrome Bully Dog Tuner║Anytime backup cam mod
Team ZeR0

post #37 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-22-2013, 01:07 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
My 14 doesnt do this, but I also dont have a sunroof. Was hoping it would drop the 2 front windows. I wonder if this is something that has to be turned on via Tech stream?

2014 CM 4x4 Limited Silver Sky, LRO 3/1 Leveling Kit, Fuel Boost +20mm, 295/70/18 Nitto Terra Grapplers, Bushwacker Fender Flares, TRD Exhaust, TRD Sway Bar, Extang Lo Pro QT Tonneau Cover, Silver Sky Tundra Club Member #65
post #38 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-23-2013, 01:56 PM

Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Nope my 2014 DC doesn't do it either.

I'm deeply saddened....

It would be great if I could make it work from the remote, that remote has some really good distance. The best Ive seen.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

TundraTalk.net - Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum > Tundra Discussion > Tundra General Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TundraTalk.net - Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in