Toyota Owner's Intersection Survey - Potential Tundra Changes? - TundraTalk.net - Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-25-2013, 09:02 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 89 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Toyota Owner's Intersection Survey - Potential Tundra Changes?

Anyone here sign up for these surveys?

I signed up back in July of 2012 and have taken several surveys since.

I just took one this evening that finally, specifically, targeting the Tundra.
The questions they asked were VERY INTERESTING and got me thinking that cosmetic changes they are doing to the 2014s is just the start of potentially exciting S**T coming down the road for the Tundra. I guess some of us may have to think up new stuff to wish for or B*tch about.

So, anyone else take this survey?

Charlie

2012 Tundra DC 4x4, 5.7L, Silver Sky Metallic, SR5 Pkg, Tow Pkg, OEM Towing Mirrors, Chrome Appearance Pkg, AM/FM/CD w/ MP3/WMA Playback, Rubber Flr Mats w/Door Sill Protector, A.R.E "CX" Cap, BedRug Bedliner, Tekonsha Prodigy Brake Controller, Seatcovers, Westin 6" Oval Nerf Bars TWACCM #48

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-25-2013, 10:08 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Where do you sign up?
The Following User Says Thank You to Cremator75 For This Useful Post:
seanmearse (07-25-2013)
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-25-2013, 10:54 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cremator75 View Post
Where do you sign up?
IIRC, I believe I was asked to join the survey panel after I became a "Toyota Owner" here: Toyota Owners Official Web Site: Service Coupons, Owner's Manuals, Service Scheduling And More

Be advised that you have to take a certain number of surveys in a given time frame or I believe you are dropped from the panel. Past surveys covered the buying experience, service experience etc. Most surveys take 5-10 minutes and IIRC there are not a whole lot of them.

Charlie

2012 Tundra DC 4x4, 5.7L, Silver Sky Metallic, SR5 Pkg, Tow Pkg, OEM Towing Mirrors, Chrome Appearance Pkg, AM/FM/CD w/ MP3/WMA Playback, Rubber Flr Mats w/Door Sill Protector, A.R.E "CX" Cap, BedRug Bedliner, Tekonsha Prodigy Brake Controller, Seatcovers, Westin 6" Oval Nerf Bars TWACCM #48

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-26-2013, 12:28 AM
Premium Member

Thanked 4,454 Times in 2,595 Posts
Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Quoted: 1172 Post(s)
I filled mine out... They were asking interesting questions. Stuff like. Would you pay an additional 500 for 3k payload and 12k towing capacities... Then the same question but would you pay 1k for it. Mention the 5.5 ft bed a 6.0 ft, and a 6.5 on a crewmax and what would you purchase, etc....

11 Tundra CM 4x4 TRD Offroad, Spruce Mica, Zone 3/1, 20x9 XD Black Hoss, 35x12.5x20 Nitto Trail Grappler, TRD Skidplate, Sunroof, Cold Weather Package, Clarion NX501 NAV/DVD, 2 DC Audio 10's, custom ported box, CT Sounds 1400.1D, XenonVision HID's, Plasmaglow Fire and Ice Light Bar, Rhino Liner Hardline, Tri-Fold Bedcover
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-26-2013, 04:05 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Garage
They were really focusing on bed length too. I told them I would not be interested ina crewmax with a 6.5 foot bed. The truck is already long enough. That would just be crazy. lol

Chad

2011 4.6L TRD CM 2WD
TRD Dual Exhaust
2.5" front lift
De-badged
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-26-2013, 07:09 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by stroked383z View Post
I filled mine out... They were asking interesting questions. Stuff like. Would you pay an additional 500 for 3k payload and 12k towing capacities... Then the same question but would you pay 1k for it. Mention the 5.5 ft bed a 6.0 ft, and a 6.5 on a crewmax and what would you purchase, etc....
The questions about where you park your Tundra at home (driveway, garage,etc.) and at work (parking garage, lot, etc.) as well as handling, etc seem to indicate a wanting to understand how a bigger Tundra would impact a Tundra owner in the real world. This past winter I parked my Tundra DC (w/towing mirrors and Cap) in an underground parking garage in Philadelphia. Did not have a lot of room to spare but it fit without a problem.

The paying more ($500/$1K) for the increased payload(3K)/towing (12K) capacities is not big deal to those of use who need/want it IMHO. I do think it is fair that those wanting the increased capacities pay for them in the form of a package option instead of asking everyone to pay for them as standard equipment even if they are not needed/wanted. Make it a heavy duty package that people can get. The same goes for a CM with a 6.5' bed. Those that want a bigger bed can pay more for one. Don't make every CM with a 6.5' bed and force people to pay the price for the bigger bed they do not want.

The questions about tonneau covers and bed liners were also interesting. To me Toyota should sell them as accessories but NOT make them standard or package equipment. Owners have too many different needs and tastes for Toyota to try to satisfy. I pulled the plastic bed liner out of my Tundra a couple days after I bought it and later sold it. The ARE Cap and BedRug I installed fit my needs not some plastic drop in bed liner and flip top cover bed cover Toyota might want to shove down my throat.

BTW, I also took the opportunity to request an AFFORDABLE DIESEL Engine for the Tundra for those who want that option as well.

All in all an interesting survey. Hopefully, Toyota will indeed incorporate these changes along with engine/drive train improvements and new engine offerings in the next Tundra generation in a few years (ie 2016/17).

Charlie

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

TundraTalk.net - Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum > Tundra Discussion > Tundra General Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TundraTalk.net - Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in