Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

Driving in Panama City, FL

1K views 11 replies 10 participants last post by  cjclair 
#1 ·
Looks like we're supposed to get 4-6 inches by Saturday...well it's only Thursday and this is what my subdivision looks like. Sure wish they would open the flood gates so it can drain quicker, but nobody wants to answer their phone for the City.

See less See more
#3 ·
It's been raining so often that it doesn't give me time to mow it....if you click on the picture it should take you to the video...

#6 ·
I saw the other clip from Panama City earlier - those two teenage girls that were parasailed into the side of a hotel. That made me sick to watch.

With your flooding - how long until it is in your house? When your truck pulls in it looks like it isn't far from coming in the house.

#8 ·
We just cleared all that rain in the Tampa area, hang tight bro, feeling for ya! Sure wish we could give that rain to those poor fellas/gals out west fighting those fires and in the heat wave.

#9 ·
It looks bad...we're on vacation at lake martin in alabama but we keep checking on pics from home. People were kayaking on the other side of my neighbors house....yikes...we usually stay dry but you never know, it's a ton of water. They said something like 14 inches came in 36 hours and there is supposed to be 6 more in the next 24.

Stay dry CJ...and put your location in your profile so I can spot you as a local.

#10 ·
Same up here in GA. Couple years ago we were in a bad drought, now, rain, rain, rain, since May. Clark's Hill Lake 1,200 mile shoreline, went from 15' low to full pool! That's 15' of water over 1,200 miles of shore!

Yes Big, we feel for those boys out west. Nature's power is amazing.

#11 ·
Yeah it's pretty heavy over here in Santa Rosa Beach (Destin, FL) too. Thank god I got the boat (that never works quite right) that floats. Lol

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#12 ·
Sorry for the late response, was pretty chaotic at my house the whole weekend w/ the rain throughout the weekend, UFC and family business...

The water eventually got all the way up to where my wife was taking the video from, but luckily not in the house, back yard flooded (but luckily didn't get into our pool). My neighbors garage flooded so I spent the day helping her pick up all of her furniture as a just in case. When I get home tonight I will post up some more pictures of what it looked like after it was all said and done.

I'm going to be sitting in on some city council meetings in regards to the city taking forever to open the flood gates. I know that they have to seek permission from EPA prior to opening the gates, but it shouldn't take THAT long. Once they opened the flood gates the standing water turned into a river that went between me and my neighbors house (we have a retention ditch behind us) and cleared out pretty quick.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.