Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

Painted Dash

7K views 12 replies 9 participants last post by  Arrow G 
#1 ·
I just searched through 322 posts and did not find anything on this. Has anyone painted the silver parts on their dash and doors? I have seen Some PD, but has anyone color matched to their truck. I have a Slate Met. And was thinking of doing this when I drop some other pieces off to be painted. Please post any pictures if you have done this. Any color. I would like to see how it looks.

Thanks

#3 ·
Quite a few guys have color matched the cluster surround , center console and door switch covers. wet sand the plastic with 320gr wet paper and then 2-3 coats of bulldog or any other adhesion promoter. your plastic parts will last as long as the quality of paint. base clear will be best.

#5 ·
How is that paddle shifting working out? Do you have to move the shifter over like normal to make the paddle shift work?

#8 ·
i had mine done black with airbrushed true fire flames on my 07 crewmax

#10 ·
thanks man those pics are actually from my friends crewmax but when i sold mine he got my parts lol

#12 ·
My buddy did this to his 2010 RAM!! It looks great. They matched the color and clearcoated it. When I do my bumpers I will more than likely do this too.. Along with the tail gate handle!

#13 ·
I was thinking of ordering some color match paint and trying it for myself. I airbrush rc bodies now so who knows. The only thing is that I have a dent and chip in my paint that I need to have fixed too which I cannot do. Just need to go find out the cost to get this all done

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.