Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

Not sure if this was good or bad?

2K views 17 replies 13 participants last post by  Mr. Creosote 
#1 · (Edited)
So last night I was driving home pretty late on a dead street and got to a light with a 2012 mustang v6 next to me. The dude in the stang looked like he wanted to try the tundra. So the light turns green and we are side by side till about 70 then he slowly begins to pull. I was kinda expecting the tundra to smash him but after doing some research I realized that the new 3.7 L ford is a pretty solid motor 305 hp. My truck has a leveling kit with 35s and I had the nannys off. What do you guys think was this a victory or a loss since the truck is a crewmax and is way heavier with bigger tires?

#2 ·
Yeah the 35's will help slow you down

#4 ·
i would say it did pretty damn good.

Mustang Gt 2010 4.6 V8

(weight without passengers and full fluids including full tank of gas)

Curb Weight MT 3533
Curb Weight AT 3575

The 2010 CrewMax cab has a curb weight of 5,250 pounds.

Googled to see the weight dif, yeh we can hold our own!!!

#6 · (Edited)
C&D tested a 300 HP Stang at 0-60 in 5.4 and the quarter at 14 flat, just over 100 mph. DC 4x4 5.7 Tundras have done 0-60 in about 6.3-6.5, and the quarter in high 14s at 93 or 94 mph. IT sounds like in proper conditions, apples to apples, the vehicles really are not worlds apart. The Mustang starts out with a healthy advantage due to its lighter weight then horsepower and torque take over once they get rolling and the gap narrows considerably.

Considering you are lifted and have bigger tires it put you at even more of a disadvantage and widened the gap but you still stayed with him to 70-ish. I give you the victory because you were able to get more out of your vehicle than the other guy did from his. Driving skills cancelled out some of the Mustang's advantages.

#8 ·
I say you win as well. People love to say their rides are faster but put your tires on their ride and see how fast they are? Well if you could run a 35 on a mustang.

Reactions: Mr. Creosote
#11 ·
yes, eco stang supposedly on the way, the thing that is killin it is that they now have a new 5.0 in them (as we all know) and an eco if it is what they have now in the f150 and the taurus sho would be better than the 5.0 unless they de-tune it...

they do not want to step on their own feet in this matter...

I see them doing an eco 4 banger instead of the v6... like the old turbo stangs of the 80's...

the new v6 with an aftermarket turbo is a sleeper, and a killer...

#13 ·
#12 ·
Hmmmm street racing???...Cause an accident, nobody wins.

E Benke, mobile
Sent from my iPhone

#17 ·
It was a quick lil run on a completely empty street at around midnight. I would never do something like that with other people around. If one of us two got into an accident then thats on us since we both chose to do it. But if it affects other people thats a different story.

#15 ·
I understand them putting it into a sedan but a Mustang that's originally known as a "muscle car" is just nuts.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.