Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

Went to Assateague last weekend....

2K views 23 replies 11 participants last post by  dothedeww 
#1 · (Edited)
So I purchased the permit to drive on the beach 24/7 at Assateague beach near Ocean City, MD ($110 for 24/7 access for 12 months from date of purchase). 13 miles of beach you can drive on.

I aired my terra grapplers down to about 15lbs and they did great. I had to pull out a stuck durango who thought they could drive on the sand without airing down.

We attached a GoPro under the truck and on the hitch to capture suspension movement and such. I'm still waiting on those videos to get sent to me, Over 16GB of HD video. Hopefully a lot of it turns out good.

I'll post the links on here as soon as I get them.

For now, here are some pictures. (All photo cred goes to my girlfriend)

Nothing too exciting, just sharing some cool pics and trying to get some more tundra guys down here!

If anyone wants to make a trip down there let me know, its awesome.

And in case anyone wants to watch any videos

yes they are shaky..not a good video camera...

See less See more
2 14
#6 ·
cool, however its when videos like this hit youtube and some eco nut see's them and goes apeshit that they try to close beaches to trucks and orv's...

was entertaining tho... feel bad for whoever gets that truck when they decide to sell it lol.

#8 ·
nice pics, I dont think we are allowed to have fires on the beach here on long island anymore.

Reactions: Ogtoyfan
#9 ·
Yeah I was worried about someone seeing those videos and flipping out.

Too bad...we werent destroying anything. Speed limit is 25-35 so really no laws were broken.

And I believe its a Nikon D3100? Does that sound right?
Its an awesome camera and the pictures she takes are absolutely stunning.

Thanks!

Reactions: Ogtoyfan and SP
#10 ·
Videos Finally!

I only have a couple for now..they are taking all day to upload on youtube...30+ minutes per video.

I have a front suspension and a side view for now...I'm currently uploading a rear suspension video.

If anyone notices anything wrong with my truck in the videos please point it out!!

Just a question about the front suspension..we reviewed the videos and one guy said my sway bar was messed up on the front..if you go to 3:10 in the video..the camera flips upward.
It looks like the sway bar is loose where it hooks to the frame? Is this right?

Should I bother fixing it?

Front suspension view...

Side View

Nothing too excited..but its an interesting view of our trucks.

Thanks for viewing!

#12 ·
Looks like saad bar bushing may be worn out.

#14 ·
It is a rubber bushing, if it is not mushroomed out or split it is fine. You never realize how much items move naturally until you see them in action. A bushing of different material like poly will limit movement and make the bar more effective since it will move less. The rubber is so that those forces that are moving the bar are absorbed and do not translate into noise.

#15 ·
Thanks!

That makes sense.

I'm tempted to take it off for a day to see how it drives..I see a lot of people on here have.

#17 ·
If you order it online you have to reqeust it weeks in advance.

But you can go into the office and get it in 5 minutes. Just need your license and registration. Its $120 for the 24hr pass, for 12 months from date of purchase. Its a really good deal,and its awesome having a campfire on the beach at 2AM.

#21 ·
Awesome pictures!

Its definitely a nice place, we should all plan a tundra meet down there one day this fall, since it will be cooler

#24 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.