Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

Tundra Owners Are The Most Friendly Truck Drivers

4K views 54 replies 22 participants last post by  plainsgrown 
#1 ·
Okay I don't know if it is my BGHLM, the Halo's or the DRL LED's but yesterday a total stranger in white Tundra in oncoming lane slowed down and waved to be and my windows were rolled up. I made sure and honked so he knew I was returning the greet. Then about 5 minutes later, another 4Q2 in the oncoming lane held up traffic to let me turn to the left in front of him. Again I honked to thank him.

Then I think of the jerk ford owner who blew me off when I was trying to compliment him about how nice is raptor 4-door looked (incidentally this is the one I seen with the 4-sale sign in front of the gas station).

Ever notice how all other truck brand owners drive past you as if with blinders on when you know their eyes are doing a side roll like the "excorcist" just to try and get a quick look as they pass you?

I have no problem looking at nice trucks and complimenting it to the owner regardless of the brand. Some people need to take the block off their axle and come down to earth a few notches.

For all you tundra owners, I look forward someday to meeting you all.

#3 ·
I think so too

This is a little off topic, but when i had my big, bad ass black honda vtx 1800, Hd riders never waved cuz they new my vtx would crush them....some people need to lighten up. I hope this doesn't open a can....just an observation :)

Reactions: dikkie and Ogtoyfan
#4 ·
I do get a lot of nods and the 2 finger tilt from the Tundra owners. I also get the eyebrow raise but not as often the somewhat forced nod from a guy that in one of the stripped down basic big 3 trucks or one that looks like it went accessory shopping at Wal-mart. It's funny that most of the genuine compliments come from guys with nice looking lifted trucks, usually diesels. Had a guy at the Shell station say if he didn't need his diesel(which was badass) to pull his offshore boat, he would own a Tundra in a heartbeat.

#9 ·
Down in Texas, most guys are very sensitive about their trucks. Usually only people with a Tundra will acknowledge another Tundra. So on with the other big 3. I am the same boat as you Shaki, I like nice trucks and compliment the owners, it's not my fault they get offended.

Reactions: dikkie and $h@ki
#10 ·
What good timing! So today I pull up to a light next to a F150 Ecoboost. Our windows are down so I compliment him as he's got it lifted a bit with some wheels and such. "Yeah you wish you had a real truck." So I showed him what a "real" truck could do. Next light... "I didn't know we were racing." Well, now you do. Upon him pulling up to the next light, I asked, what happened??? No response. I merely told him, still a nice truck even though it can't keep up with a real one. Have a nice day!!!

#13 ·
Lol today I was getting gas. And an older gentalmen in a white crewmax pulled up at the pump behind me. He was in his 50s I assume. He seen my iraq vet tag and he comment he was in the first gulf war in the 90s. Then he started truck talk...his was stock and mines well...not so I took about 15 min to give him a good run down of my mods and parts, and where to find said parts....he genuinly seemed interested in some mods so I exchanged phone numbers and offered my assistance in helping him out. Gave me a warm and fuzzy :)

Reactions: dikkie and $h@ki
#14 ·
an older gentalmen in a white crewmax pulled up at the pump behind me. He was in his 50s I assume...
now wait a minute..!! :eek:

did you really say older and in his 50's in the same sentence..?? :confused:

within 5 weeks i'm an older man, is that what you're saying..?? you seriously are looking for a bigtime ass whoop, young punk..!! :D

just wait till i have saved enough to fly your way..!! :lol:

( and please pick me up at the airport and have a walker ready... ... and don't step back when i try to hit you or i will fall flat on my face... :D )

back on topic :

what other trucks..?? :dunno:

:D dikkie :D

#17 ·
Yes, I've noticed the same about Tundra owners. A guy in a mall parking lot was waving as we were about to leave. Rolled the window down, turns out he has the same truck and wanted to ask about my bumper.

And we do seem to be able to appreciate other makes...must be easier when you drive the best.:D

#20 ·
Hey hey now dikkie...why so angry old man :D ... Lmao ill punch you in the hip old timer...then we will go for beers :)

Reactions: dikkie
#30 · (Edited)
:headbanger:
Other Tundra drivers rock!
:headbanger:

I always wave when they (other Tundra drivers) pass me....

There is a lot of silver Tundras in my town and I always assume that some stole my ride until I see some different about them....lol:eek:

And oh yes...Ive noticed that I have become a lot more curtious to others no matter the other drivers vehicle make....and its not just because Im driving a new truck either.Honest.

#39 ·
I'm not nice, you know that :D

Nobody really gives me crap for my truck in my town. The ones who talked crap about the Tundra cut that stuff out as soon as they were looking at my really nice tail lights :lol5: All I mainly hear is "sounds badass man".

Reactions: dikkie
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.