One thing you hate about your Tundra... - Page 151 - TundraTalk.net - Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #2251 of 2564 (permalink) Old 05-03-2018, 04:00 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 244 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by BCB View Post

Have to push the unlock button 2 times to get the back doors to unlock. Previous Tundras all doors unlocked with one push of the button...

Maybe that can be changed by dealer?...

Good-luck...BCB
Yes, that's programmable.

Tesla > Edison

2011 RCSB 5.7L AWD (not a typo)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2252 of 2564 (permalink) Old 05-03-2018, 05:27 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhealy19 View Post
My biggest peeve with my Tundra is it did not come with auto headlights. I never even checked. Figured all cars / trucks had them at this point.

Matt
Must have been a change, or a feature on the Limited, my 2018 has them.

2018 Tundra CM Limited 4x4
post #2253 of 2564 (permalink) Old 05-03-2018, 06:08 PM

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikec426 View Post
Ha! This is actually one of my most favorite things about the Tundra. It's a vehicle that requires someone to think while driving.

It's dark - I need headlights...

It's dusk / dawn / overcast / cloudy / hazy / foggy / raining - I should turn on my headlights to be a safer, more courteous driver.

Not calling you out personally. It's just a pet peeve to see vehicles going down the road in low light conditions with their headlights going on/off every few minutes as the stupid light sensor thinks there's enough / not enough light outside.

My 2018 limited has auto headlights...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

post #2254 of 2564 (permalink) Old 05-03-2018, 06:10 PM

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Quote:

Have to push the unlock button 2 times to get the back doors to unlock. Previous Tundras all doors unlocked with one push of the button...

Maybe that can be changed by dealer?...

Good-luck...BCB

This is changeable through your radio. Un select the 2 click unlock box. Iíll see if I can get a picture

post #2255 of 2564 (permalink) Old 05-03-2018, 06:33 PM
BCB

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 89 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by HVACn00b View Post
This is changeable through your radio. Un select the 2 click unlock box. Iíll see if I can get a picture

O.K. thanks for the tip. I will scroll through the menu etc. on the radio and see if I can find it...

Thanks...BCB
post #2256 of 2564 (permalink) Old 05-03-2018, 06:35 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by HVACn00b View Post
My 2018 limited has auto headlights...

I had an SR5. I believe all the trims above that have them.

post #2257 of 2564 (permalink) Old 05-03-2018, 06:36 PM
BCB

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 89 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhealy19 View Post
My biggest peeve with my Tundra is it did not come with auto headlights. I never even checked. Figured all cars / trucks had them at this point.

Matt
My 2018 SR5 TRD has the auto headlights. If what you mean is they turn on when it's getting dark and the automatically go from high beam to low beam when a car is coming at you...

I have yet to figure out all the settings on the headlight control lever. I just let it in the "AUTO" setting and hope for the best!!!...

Good-luck...BCB
post #2258 of 2564 (permalink) Old 05-03-2018, 06:38 PM

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 151 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
O.K. thanks for the tip. I will scroll through the menu etc. on the radio and see if I can find it...

Thanks...BCB
Not sure what year yours is but mine in on the dash info display. Also, I do the 2-press to unlock since I'm mostly by myself going to work and for safety reasons. Just saying. But I did turn off the lights and beep combo for when I lock or unlock my truck. Beep is all I need to hear.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2012 Platinum MGM/Red Rock Leather
Bilstein 6112/5160/ Firestone Ride Rite Airbags
Zone Offroad UCA/TRD Rear Sway Bar
BFG TA KO2 275/60R20, 2nd Set
post #2259 of 2564 (permalink) Old 05-04-2018, 10:17 AM
Banned

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Traded a fantastic 2013 CM SR5 for a 2018 CM Limited TRD... The old truck had vastly better interior.

New truck has hard seats and it lost many storage areas the 2013 had; door panel cubby, upper glovebox, excellent center console tray/insert.. BUT.. most irritating is the new rear seat frame mess that seemingly blocks all access to the wasted space behind the seat where all kinds of things were stored in my 2013; tool bag, hitches, straps, etc..

Other irritants...

The back up cam was relocated from the upper/center rearview mirror to the nav screen, two problems with that..
- I already look at the rearview, so the cam display was excellent additional info in a good place.
- The nav screen gets washed out in the sunlight, its nowhere near as good as the mirror display clarity was, and it adds a fourth place to look at - L/R/Center mirror, plus now radio.

Virtually every interior trim bezel reflects sunlight into my eyes.. chrome rings around a/c vents, trim under nav screen, silver trim around shifter and the shifter itself, worst is the multi-faceted chrome trim around the cupholder.

Too many electronics, too many ding noises (but I'm old'ish and not a fan of that stuff in a truck..)

My 2018 is getting lower mpg than my 2013, and the 2018 engine ticks louder and makes more noise in general :/

Lastly, the leather steering wheel is super slick.

Last edited by dashunde; 05-04-2018 at 10:34 AM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dashunde For This Useful Post:
PSU69 (05-04-2018), TOY33 (05-09-2018)
post #2260 of 2564 (permalink) Old 05-04-2018, 12:41 PM
Premium Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 74 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashunde View Post
Traded a fantastic 2013 CM SR5 for a 2018 CM Limited TRD... The old truck had vastly better interior.

New truck has hard seats and it lost many storage areas the 2013 had; door panel cubby, upper glovebox, excellent center console tray/insert.. BUT.. most irritating is the new rear seat frame mess that seemingly blocks all access to the wasted space behind the seat where all kinds of things were stored in my 2013; tool bag, hitches, straps, etc..

Other irritants...

The back up cam was relocated from the upper/center rearview mirror to the nav screen, two problems with that..
- I already look at the rearview, so the cam display was excellent additional info in a good place.
- The nav screen gets washed out in the sunlight, its nowhere near as good as the mirror display clarity was, and it adds a fourth place to look at - L/R/Center mirror, plus now radio.

Virtually every interior trim bezel reflects sunlight into my eyes.. chrome rings around a/c vents, trim under nav screen, silver trim around shifter and the shifter itself, worst is the multi-faceted chrome trim around the cupholder.

Too many electronics, too many ding noises (but I'm old'ish and not a fan of that stuff in a truck..)

My 2018 is getting lower mpg than my 2013, and the 2018 engine ticks louder and makes more noise in general :/

Lastly, the leather steering wheel is super slick.
This is exactly why I am sticking with my 2012 with 80K on it. You even pointed out some additional things I wasn't aware of.

2012 DC SR5 5.7L 4x4

*** I think, therefore I am a conservative. ***
(With apologies to Descartes.)
post #2261 of 2564 (permalink) Old 05-04-2018, 02:40 PM
He Has Risen!

Thanked 17,166 Times in 8,055 Posts
Mentioned: 105 Post(s)
Quoted: 3363 Post(s)
Garage
That's why I bought an SR. All black plastic interior panels, black bumpers, black carpet, dark gray cloth seats. Dont need a truck that looks like an 80 yr old women plastered in makeup and costume jewelry, on her way to bingo.
It's bad enough they ruined the back seat setup in the CM and the seats aren't half as comfortable altogether anymore. Make it look like a disco ball on top of it and I couldn't swallow that pill.
I miss my 2011 CM. I passed on a new one and got a DCLB,......mostly because of what they did to the interior in the new ones.
post #2262 of 2564 (permalink) Old 05-06-2018, 01:30 AM

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
I hate that there was no option for a rear locker.
post #2263 of 2564 (permalink) Old 05-06-2018, 10:02 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I don’t like the pathetic max payload. 4 men and gear in the bed and I am over max payload. My wife’s minivan has more payload. Not being able to carry family and a trailer is a bummer for a such a massive truck. Otherwise it’s nice
post #2264 of 2564 (permalink) Old 05-06-2018, 11:02 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I just wish they had a backlit gauge panel when driving during the day. When I am wearing sunglasses and there is cloud cover they get a little hard to see. My 2008 had it and the 4Runner has them. That and the back seat issue of no longer sliding or folding forward. Wonder if I can use a window switch out of the 4Runner so we can have one button up and down for all windows?
post #2265 of 2564 (permalink) Old 05-11-2018, 12:45 PM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Any solutions for touch screen glare? Its impossible to see what is on the screen in certain lighting.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

TundraTalk.net - Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum > Tundra Discussion > Tundra General Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TundraTalk.net - Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in