Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

What is your average MPG with your Tundra?

• 10-11 mpg

Votes: 140 5.4%
  • 12-13 mpg

Votes: 598 23.0%
  • 14-15 mpg

Votes: 1,012 38.9%
  • 16-17 mpg

Votes: 578 22.2%
  • 18-19 mpg

Votes: 141 5.4%
  • 20+ mpg

Votes: 21 0.8%
  • I don't care, this thing is a monster!!

Votes: 96 3.7%
  • NON stock MPG

Votes: 19 0.7%

What is your average MPG?

379K views 2K replies 735 participants last post by  spigs21 
#1 ·
The title says it all- What do you average for MPG with your Tundra? Please list your engine as well.

I have an '07 DC 5.7L, and tracking my mileage with Fuelly.com, I average 15.9 mpg, with a best of 16.5 mpg. I have only owned my Tundra for a month now.

#1,266 ·
Should be a reset button to the right of the steering wheel, where info button is

#1,267 ·
Just took a 4hr drive and just as experiment drove no more than 55mph and averaged 21.6 mpg. Got SABM and TRD filter on my 2014 1794

#1,269 ·
Guys what I need to do to go over 14.3 miles per gallon? Most of the time I driving Highway and I would say 60% Highway /40% City I cannot get over this number 14.3 MPG. Please advise. I am not towing and most of the time is no load on the truck. Average speed I trying to keep around 55 MPH. This is tundra 2014 double cab SR5 4WD 4.6L I have 15000 miles on it

#1,278 ·
I got nearly 19mpg hand calculated in my Crewmax before but the 60-65mph range is the sweet spot. You have to plan everything carefully including merging and lane changes to minimize throttle use.

Went to about 16-17 at 70 mph, 15 at 75 mph, and low teens at 80 and above. I have owned the truck for 6 years and been averaging low teens on the highway for 5 years and 364 days. Once I saw nearly 19mpg the first day after I bought it I said "Damn, that's impressive for such a huge powerful truck. Too bad I'll never get that again."

#1,280 ·
I got nearly 19mpg hand calculated in my Crewmax before but the 60-65mph range is the sweet spot. You have to plan everything carefully including merging and lane changes to minimize throttle use.
that sounds like no fun at all>:D

#1,281 ·
3 weeks of ownership, 5.7L motor, purposely gentle on the pedal trying to see what best mpg it can do....510 miles, pretty much 50:50 combined freeway and city....

15.0 mpg

Not sure how some are reporting 20+? They must have the 4.6L and drive downhill all the time :dunno:

Reactions: TundraFish
#1,284 ·
Who has bragging rights here for best mileage?

I've had my truck for 2 weeks now and have finally burned a tankful of gas.

I've been milking the throttle to get the best mileage and have been easy on the gas, especially since I'm still in the process of breaking-in the truck.

After a tankful, my monitor display computer is showing 15.3 MPG.

So, if you have the highest MPG, post it here with a photo. YOu have bragging right!
Since I have 15.3, and I know that it can do better I won't bother at this point.

So post your YEAR, 4x4 or 4x2, and Engine size.

if you have the highest number, we expect to see proof. :)

And no cheating! don't reset the computer and hit highways and snap a photo while you are driving, this is dangerous and I won't sanction it. You should have a tankful or two in terms of averages.

2015 Tundra 4x4 with 5.7 engine:

15.3 MPG

#1,285 ·
I've been milking the throttle to get the best mileage and have been easy on the gas, especially since I'm still in the process of breaking-in the truck.
your breaking in your truck all wrong.

light'em up leaving the dealer lot and drive it like your going to drive it.>:D

So, if you have the highest MPG, post it here with a photo. YOu have bragging right!
:lame::thumbdown:

and no-one should care about the mileage, it's a 6Klb brick

#1,287 ·
5.7L 4x4 CM, and I swear after the lastest recall and ECU flash my mileage has gone the wrong way. I'm lucky to get 14mpg babying the pedal (which I hate to do in this thing).

#1,294 ·
it's too east to fudge on a tundra anyway with the way the read out is

for instance here is one of mine from when I first got it and wanted to see if it was better than my tundra on the first trip I took.

you can't fudge it since it has the amount of time, ave speed, distance and MPG all on one screen that you can only reset it all at once so you know your looking at 8 hours at an average speed of 67 for 538 miles. So I was carrying a speed most times of 75-80 to keep that high of an average including stops and traffic.

otherwise you can just reset the tundra one on the highway for 100 miles and poof, hey guys, I got 21 MPG

I still say a better contest is who gets the worst>:D

#1,295 · (Edited)
2010 Tundra Double Cab

To and from work, 15 to 17 MPG. Back roads and highway round trip 50 miles. On a 250 mile road trip in the Fall (45 degrees) I got 19 MPG, cruise set at 73 no head wind. Sunoco the highest 93 or 94 Octane.

Reactions: Bayou_Tundra
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.