Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

driveshaft put on wrong

5K views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  24hrsparkey 
#1 · (Edited)
hey guys and gals, I just replaced all my 3 u joints and center support bearing on my 2008 4.7l 2 wheel drive tundra.. unfortunately I forgot to mark my drive shaft before I took it off so that I can but back on exactly the same way since it has balance weights.:facepalm: took a good guess and put back on but when I drive it I hear a clunk as the driveshaft as it spins only when I step on the gas, while in my driveway but It won't do it in reverse, im guessing I put it on wrong cause of the balance weights, is there any way to figure out which way I should put it back on? any suggestions or help please!

#5 ·
I would not suggest driving it that way, could go full pogo if it fails.

Reactions: Dixon Cider
#8 ·
hey just wanted to give a update. apparently I installed the center support bearing was install the wrong way. as I take off the back end drops a lil bit and hits as it spins, so I had to remove the 2 screws and lower it just enough to spin it around and put it back up so it gives more clearance. so no more clunking noise. the youtube vids said it didn't matter which way it goes but it does.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.