Tundra Campers Club - Page 87 - TundraTalk.net - Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1291 of 1299 (permalink) Old 05-29-2019, 08:31 PM

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 488 Post(s)
Garage
Well drove up to Lake Claiborne State Park today. About a 4 hour drive north. Almost into Arkansas. Itís the most hills Iíve done with the camper so far. At speed it takes them fine. I had a couple stop signs at the base of the hill that it had to work to get it going. I was maxed out with the cart, kayaks and bikes loaded up. I also figured out my hitch basket clears the camper for my ice chest. I know it would be better on the back of the camper but I had to have the bikes back there I donít like them on the front hitch.

So far itís s nice park but Iím not sure if Iíd drive this far just to come here again. We are going to check out a couple other state parks and go to duck commander while we are up this way.

The trailer got a set of Goodyear Emdurance tires, new brakes, and repacked wheel bearings before this trip too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1292 of 1299 (permalink) Old 05-29-2019, 09:51 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Looks really nice there
The Following User Says Thank You to Blender For This Useful Post:
mrmachinist (05-29-2019)
post #1293 of 1299 (permalink) Old 05-29-2019, 10:12 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 84 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmachinist View Post
Well drove up to Lake Claiborne State Park today. About a 4 hour drive north. Almost into Arkansas. Itís the most hills Iíve done with the camper so far. At speed it takes them fine. I had a couple stop signs at the base of the hill that it had to work to get it going. I was maxed out with the cart, kayaks and bikes loaded up. I also figured out my hitch basket clears the camper for my ice chest. I know it would be better on the back of the camper but I had to have the bikes back there I donít like them on the front hitch.

So far itís s nice park but Iím not sure if Iíd drive this far just to come here again. We are going to check out a couple other state parks and go to duck commander while we are up this way.

The trailer got a set of Goodyear Emdurance tires, new brakes, and repacked wheel bearings before this trip too.

May also want to check out Lake Darbone State park in Farmerville. Itís really nice also. Itís in Northern Louisiana also.

post #1294 of 1299 (permalink) Old 05-29-2019, 10:15 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chucksmith07 View Post
May also want to check out Lake Darbone State park in Farmerville. Itís really nice also. Itís in Northern Louisiana also.

Thatís the plan for sure. Probably heading there Friday in the truck, maybe checking out Chima-haut (spelling?) and then heading to Monroe.

post #1295 of 1299 (permalink) Old 05-30-2019, 09:25 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmachinist View Post
Thatís the plan for sure. Probably heading there Friday in the truck, maybe checking out Chima-haut (spelling?) and then heading to Monroe.

I live up in the north part of Louisiana, youíre right, Claiborne is pretty. Lincoln Parish Park north of Ruston is nice too if you havenít been there.

ó
2018 SR5 Double Cab
4x4 TSS Off Road with TRD rear Sway

And some company in the driveway
Ď93 Roadmaster Wagon
Ď16 HRV
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to r67northern For This Useful Post:
Chucksmith07 (05-30-2019), mrmachinist (05-31-2019)
post #1296 of 1299 (permalink) Old 05-31-2019, 07:23 AM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Chucksmith, is your trailer a toy hauler? Must be. How much does the golf cart weigh? Or was it already up at your lease? I have to admit, when I think gooseneck I always think 3/4 ton. Have you ever taken across scales when it is loaded up. Just wondering where you are with weights and limits, etc..
thanks
Jeff

I've had a lot of Toyotas over the years. First Tundra.
2012 dbl cab, 5.7
post #1297 of 1299 (permalink) Old 05-31-2019, 07:52 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 84 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoPops View Post
Chucksmith, is your trailer a toy hauler? Must be. How much does the golf cart weigh? Or was it already up at your lease? I have to admit, when I think gooseneck I always think 3/4 ton. Have you ever taken across scales when it is loaded up. Just wondering where you are with weights and limits, etc..
thanks
Jeff

That is Mrmachinist setup, wish it was mine lol

post #1298 of 1299 (permalink) Old 05-31-2019, 10:00 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoPops View Post
thanks
Jeff

The camper is a 5th wheel toy hauler. Itís all aluminum and only weighs 6500lbs dry. The cart weighs just under 1,000lbs. I havenít made it to the scales yet but Iím under the max tow weight for sure. Iím pretty sure Iím either at max payload or slightly over. My next truck will be a 3/4 ton most likely. But for what I do, the tundra is doing just fine. I wouldnít attempt to go cross country with this setup. I would want something smaller and lighter if I was doing some serious miles. Towing at max is never the easiest experience in anything.

post #1299 of 1299 (permalink) Old 05-31-2019, 10:18 AM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Thanks mrmachinist. Sorry for the confusion. I’ve hauled a motorcycle in the bed while pulling our 23’ trailer, and had no issues at all. I’m always looking for a better way to do things. I really wish Toyota would come out with a heavier duty truck with diesel, but I just don’t see it happening. They’ll come out with an electric or hybrid before that.

I've had a lot of Toyotas over the years. First Tundra.
2012 dbl cab, 5.7
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

TundraTalk.net - Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum > Member Area > Tundra Clubs

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TundraTalk.net - Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in