Tundra Campers Club - Page 87 - TundraTalk.net - Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum
User Tag List

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1291 of 1299 (permalink) Old 05-29-2019, 08:31 PM
Senior Member
 
mrmachinist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 1,507
Thanks: 562
Thanked 916 Times in 573 Posts
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 488 Post(s)
Garage
Well drove up to Lake Claiborne State Park today. About a 4 hour drive north. Almost into Arkansas. Itís the most hills Iíve done with the camper so far. At speed it takes them fine. I had a couple stop signs at the base of the hill that it had to work to get it going. I was maxed out with the cart, kayaks and bikes loaded up. I also figured out my hitch basket clears the camper for my ice chest. I know it would be better on the back of the camper but I had to have the bikes back there I donít like them on the front hitch.

So far itís s nice park but Iím not sure if Iíd drive this far just to come here again. We are going to check out a couple other state parks and go to duck commander while we are up this way.

The trailer got a set of Goodyear Emdurance tires, new brakes, and repacked wheel bearings before this trip too.












Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
mrmachinist is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #1292 of 1299 (permalink) Old 05-29-2019, 09:51 PM
Senior Member
 
Blender's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 162
Thanks: 49
Thanked 40 Times in 38 Posts
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Looks really nice there
Blender is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to Blender For This Useful Post:
mrmachinist (05-29-2019)
post #1293 of 1299 (permalink) Old 05-29-2019, 10:12 PM
Senior Member
 
Chucksmith07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 326
Thanks: 101
Thanked 76 Times in 68 Posts
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 84 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmachinist View Post
Well drove up to Lake Claiborne State Park today. About a 4 hour drive north. Almost into Arkansas. Itís the most hills Iíve done with the camper so far. At speed it takes them fine. I had a couple stop signs at the base of the hill that it had to work to get it going. I was maxed out with the cart, kayaks and bikes loaded up. I also figured out my hitch basket clears the camper for my ice chest. I know it would be better on the back of the camper but I had to have the bikes back there I donít like them on the front hitch.

So far itís s nice park but Iím not sure if Iíd drive this far just to come here again. We are going to check out a couple other state parks and go to duck commander while we are up this way.

The trailer got a set of Goodyear Emdurance tires, new brakes, and repacked wheel bearings before this trip too.












Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


May also want to check out Lake Darbone State park in Farmerville. Itís really nice also. Itís in Northern Louisiana also.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Chucksmith07 is offline  
 
post #1294 of 1299 (permalink) Old 05-29-2019, 10:15 PM
Senior Member
 
mrmachinist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 1,507
Thanks: 562
Thanked 916 Times in 573 Posts
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 488 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chucksmith07 View Post
May also want to check out Lake Darbone State park in Farmerville. Itís really nice also. Itís in Northern Louisiana also.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Thatís the plan for sure. Probably heading there Friday in the truck, maybe checking out Chima-haut (spelling?) and then heading to Monroe.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
mrmachinist is offline  
post #1295 of 1299 (permalink) Old 05-30-2019, 09:25 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 27
Thanks: 0
Thanked 10 Times in 9 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmachinist View Post
Thatís the plan for sure. Probably heading there Friday in the truck, maybe checking out Chima-haut (spelling?) and then heading to Monroe.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I live up in the north part of Louisiana, youíre right, Claiborne is pretty. Lincoln Parish Park north of Ruston is nice too if you havenít been there.

ó
2018 SR5 Double Cab
4x4 TSS Off Road with TRD rear Sway

And some company in the driveway
Ď93 Roadmaster Wagon
Ď16 HRV
r67northern is offline  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to r67northern For This Useful Post:
Chucksmith07 (05-30-2019), mrmachinist (05-31-2019)
post #1296 of 1299 (permalink) Old 05-31-2019, 07:23 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Flyover Zone
Posts: 45
Thanks: 3
Thanked 9 Times in 7 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Chucksmith, is your trailer a toy hauler? Must be. How much does the golf cart weigh? Or was it already up at your lease? I have to admit, when I think gooseneck I always think 3/4 ton. Have you ever taken across scales when it is loaded up. Just wondering where you are with weights and limits, etc..
thanks
Jeff

I've had a lot of Toyotas over the years. First Tundra.
2012 dbl cab, 5.7
MoPops is offline  
post #1297 of 1299 (permalink) Old 05-31-2019, 07:52 AM
Senior Member
 
Chucksmith07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 326
Thanks: 101
Thanked 76 Times in 68 Posts
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 84 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoPops View Post
Chucksmith, is your trailer a toy hauler? Must be. How much does the golf cart weigh? Or was it already up at your lease? I have to admit, when I think gooseneck I always think 3/4 ton. Have you ever taken across scales when it is loaded up. Just wondering where you are with weights and limits, etc..
thanks
Jeff


That is Mrmachinist setup, wish it was mine lol


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Chucksmith07 is offline  
post #1298 of 1299 (permalink) Old 05-31-2019, 10:00 AM
Senior Member
 
mrmachinist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 1,507
Thanks: 562
Thanked 916 Times in 573 Posts
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 488 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoPops View Post
Chucksmith, is your trailer a toy hauler? Must be. How much does the golf cart weigh? Or was it already up at your lease? I have to admit, when I think gooseneck I always think 3/4 ton. Have you ever taken across scales when it is loaded up. Just wondering where you are with weights and limits, etc..
thanks
Jeff


The camper is a 5th wheel toy hauler. Itís all aluminum and only weighs 6500lbs dry. The cart weighs just under 1,000lbs. I havenít made it to the scales yet but Iím under the max tow weight for sure. Iím pretty sure Iím either at max payload or slightly over. My next truck will be a 3/4 ton most likely. But for what I do, the tundra is doing just fine. I wouldnít attempt to go cross country with this setup. I would want something smaller and lighter if I was doing some serious miles. Towing at max is never the easiest experience in anything.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
mrmachinist is offline  
post #1299 of 1299 (permalink) Old 05-31-2019, 10:18 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Flyover Zone
Posts: 45
Thanks: 3
Thanked 9 Times in 7 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Thanks mrmachinist. Sorry for the confusion. I’ve hauled a motorcycle in the bed while pulling our 23’ trailer, and had no issues at all. I’m always looking for a better way to do things. I really wish Toyota would come out with a heavier duty truck with diesel, but I just don’t see it happening. They’ll come out with an electric or hybrid before that.

I've had a lot of Toyotas over the years. First Tundra.
2012 dbl cab, 5.7
MoPops is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  TundraTalk.net - Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum > Member Area > Tundra Clubs

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the TundraTalk.net - Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in











Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome