Lowered Tundra Owners Group - Page 83 - TundraTalk.net - Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1231 of 1285 (permalink) Old 02-05-2018, 08:39 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Garage
For all those that have lowered your Tundras....looking for some advice and recommendations.

I have a 2011 Tundra Double Cab, 2WD, SR5 TRD Off Road. I just bought the truck a week ago and would like to lower it 3" in the front and 5" rear. After doing alot of research lowering the truck more than a 2/4 means more tire wear. I considered the following kits:

Belltech 2/4 (441sp kit): Called Belltech but they said since I have the TRD their shocks will not fit the truck.
DJM2808-3/5 : Their kit only includes the rear flip and Callmax control arms...no shocks not coils.
TR2051 2/4: Must purchase rear short Billstein shocks, no coils. Heard great things about these kits...not to mention the customer service is top notch.
McGaughys 2/4 (98010): Haven't hear much about this kit.

Considering I would like close to 3/5....It looks like I might have to settle for a 2/4. Which doesn't look bad. Is there anyone who had a 2WD SR5 TRD truck who has lowered their truck?

Any recommendations, insights...your experience and knowledge will help me decide what to do here.
Thank You
Jim

2011 Tundra Double Cab 4x2 Super White
My Motto: DONT EVER GIVE UP
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1232 of 1285 (permalink) Old 02-05-2018, 10:26 PM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Garage
We have a 2007 Crewmax LTD 2WD that had the TRD offroad package. Front is lowered 2" using Belltech Street Performance adjustable struts and rear lowered 4.5" with SOS Performance rear flip kit and Belltech Street Performance shocks. Ride quality is still good. If you want 3" in front I'd recommend McGaughy's 2" lowering spindle combined with Belltech strut or SOS spring perch for the additional 1" because I've heard the DJM kit throws off the front alignment.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
2007 Tundra crewmax LTD. Lowered 2/4.5" with Belltech Street Performance struts and SOS Performance rear flip kit. 26" Lexani LX7 with 305/30/26 Pirelli tires. Color matched Paramount grille, door handles, side mirrors, rear bumper, and tailgate handle. Phillips 6000k HID kits in headlights and foglights. V-Leds interior and exterior. Hella celis led tail lights. Borla exhaust. Alpine/CDT full custom stereo with sound deadened cab by Extreme Audio Systems.
post #1233 of 1285 (permalink) Old 02-14-2018, 12:20 AM
Premium Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ARMYSTRONG View Post
For all those that have lowered your Tundras....looking for some advice and recommendations.

I have a 2011 Tundra Double Cab, 2WD, SR5 TRD Off Road. I just bought the truck a week ago and would like to lower it 3" in the front and 5" rear. After doing alot of research lowering the truck more than a 2/4 means more tire wear. I considered the following kits:

Belltech 2/4 (441sp kit): Called Belltech but they said since I have the TRD their shocks will not fit the truck.
DJM2808-3/5 : Their kit only includes the rear flip and Callmax control arms...no shocks not coils.
TR2051 2/4: Must purchase rear short Billstein shocks, no coils. Heard great things about these kits...not to mention the customer service is top notch.
McGaughys 2/4 (98010): Haven't hear much about this kit.

Considering I would like close to 3/5....It looks like I might have to settle for a 2/4. Which doesn't look bad. Is there anyone who had a 2WD SR5 TRD truck who has lowered their truck?

Any recommendations, insights...your experience and knowledge will help me decide what to do here.
Thank You
Jim
I had the McGaughys on my trd. Lowering spindles up front and flip on the rear, I liked it, rode good and didn't have to replace anything else that way. Front spindles are the way to go as far as alignment goes. I did feel like I got more than 4" drop in the rear, probably more what you're looking for. When towing I ran bags so it wouldn't bottom out it was so low. I ran 22" wheels with a 33" tire equivalent on it. I'll try to find a pic of it for you.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

08 CrewMax Limited 5.7, lowered 2/4 spindles/flip, color matched led tails, ARE shell; Way-Low Tundra Club member #29, cap club member #80, AZTC member #11

post #1234 of 1285 (permalink) Old 02-27-2018, 06:36 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 168 Post(s)
Garage
I'd like to join the group. Had the TRD lowering kit installed on Saturday.

"I didn't pay them for sex, I paid them to leave"
Charlie Sheen

Life is all about ass, you're either covering it, hauling it, laughing it off, kicking it, kissing it, busting it, trying to get a piece of it, or behaving like one.

Silver Sky Tundra Club Member #182
post #1235 of 1285 (permalink) Old 02-27-2018, 09:33 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RitcheyRch View Post
I'd like to join the group. Had the TRD lowering kit installed on Saturday.

Looks good!
post #1236 of 1285 (permalink) Old 02-27-2018, 10:48 AM

Garage
Thanks and surprised how many people think I should take the mudflaps and steps off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spensane View Post
Looks good!

Charlie Sheen

Life is all about ass, you're either covering it, hauling it, laughing it off, kicking it, kissing it, busting it, trying to get a piece of it, or behaving like one.

post #1237 of 1285 (permalink) Old 02-27-2018, 11:38 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
It could the angle where the picture been taken.
It's look like back higher the front ? It's possible you take some more picture . What is the measurement between the center of back wheel to the rear fender?
post #1238 of 1285 (permalink) Old 02-27-2018, 11:41 PM

Quoted: 34 Post(s)
https://scontent-lax3-1.xx.fbcdn.net...a0&oe=5B149603

Planning to lower the rear with trd and shackles to level.
post #1239 of 1285 (permalink) Old 03-07-2018, 03:46 PM

Garage
I will try and get some measurements this weekend in between all my other crap to do. The front and rear are both lowered with the TRD kit. It's not a huge drop being a 2/4 kit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jtundra14 View Post
It could the angle where the picture been taken.
It's look like back higher the front ? It's possible you take some more picture . What is the measurement between the center of back wheel to the rear fender?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jtundra14 View Post
https://scontent-lax3-1.xx.fbcdn.net...a0&oe=5B149603

Planning to lower the rear with trd and shackles to level.

Charlie Sheen

post #1240 of 1285 (permalink) Old 03-13-2018, 01:10 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Truck looks good can't wait to lower mine
post #1241 of 1285 (permalink) Old 03-13-2018, 01:49 PM

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Great Job Rich,
It Looks Fantastic... Lowering My 2008 CC With The TRD 2/4 Kit Is Next On My Bucket List... Did You Have Any Alignment Issues?

2008 Toyota Tundra Crew Max Limited | TRD Supercharger | TRD Dual Exhaust | Autometer 5776 Electric Boost/Vac Gauge | Tinted Windows | ARE Tonneau Cover w/Brake Light Rear Spoiler | Bailongju Door Projector Ghost Shadow Lights | CravenSpeed Stubby Antenna | AMI Locking Fuel Door | Classy Autos White LED Interior Bulbs | Pirate Chrome Billet Shift Knob | TRD Aluminum Foot Pedals | 1794 Chrome Clad Wheels
post #1242 of 1285 (permalink) Old 03-13-2018, 02:04 PM

Garage
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06tblazer View Post
Truck looks good can't wait to lower mine
Thanks and no alignment issues at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by littleal10 View Post
Great Job Rich,
It Looks Fantastic... Lowering My 2008 CC With The TRD 2/4 Kit Is Next On My Bucket List... Did You Have Any Alignment Issues?

Charlie Sheen

post #1243 of 1285 (permalink) Old 03-14-2018, 08:27 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by garzanium View Post
Thanks man. No issues aligning. Truck aligns to factory specs.

Some assclown on Craigslist sold me some 24s. I went to install and it rode horrible- vibration and wobble. Went to put my wheels back on, got it alignment again and now I get steering wheel vibration from my wheels which previously rode great...

Going in for a routine 5k alignment/rotation this week- hope it clears up some of the steering wheel vibration. My previous truck had the same steering wheel vibration issue- seems common with aftermarket wheels
Can you tell me what technique and paint you used to paint your front and rear bumpers? Also did you paint the mirror caps yourself ordered them through Sparks? How do you like the headlights?
Thanks
Jim

2011 Tundra Double Cab 4x2 Super White
My Motto: DONT EVER GIVE UP
post #1244 of 1285 (permalink) Old 03-14-2018, 08:36 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 79 Post(s)
Just yesterday my friend (father of the bride) and I took the path less traveled on the way home from his daughters wedding in Asheville, NC - US 178 from Rosman, NC south to I-85 in SC. He rides, and he was driving the AWD Subaru like he would ride his motor bike (yanking & banking).

This RCSB handles the hilly-twisty-curvy two lane blacktop at speed with ease, the only problem I experienced was temporarily losing sight of his Subaru Outback directly in front of me as we negotiated the sharp left-hand curves... the huge A pillar in the Tundra is what blocked my view.

Toggling the sequential 6 speed kept me off the brakes, and allowed me to whip through the turns - it was a great roller coaster ride in the rain & fog. We encountered one slower driver, and they pulled over to let us pass - we appreciated their courtesy.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1083.jpg (198.2 KB, 53 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_6324.jpg (99.7 KB, 45 views)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by H2O MAN; 03-14-2018 at 08:39 PM.
post #1245 of 1285 (permalink) Old 03-27-2018, 05:16 PM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by garzanium View Post
Thanks man. No issues aligning. Truck aligns to factory specs.

Some assclown on Craigslist sold me some 24s. I went to install and it rode horrible- vibration and wobble. Went to put my wheels back on, got it alignment again and now I get steering wheel vibration from my wheels which previously rode great...

Going in for a routine 5k alignment/rotation this week- hope it clears up some of the steering wheel vibration. My previous truck had the same steering wheel vibration issue- seems common with aftermarket wheels
garzanium, did those 24" aftermarket wheels have hub centric rings. If not that would explain the wobble and vibration issues. Also if you don't clean the mating surfaces of the wheels and hubs it could cause vibration. Just a little corrosion will do it.
Also I think the steps look good on that color truck.

2008 regular cab short bed sport package 53K, 5.7, with console/bucket seats.
SOS lowered, Caltracs, Firestone airbags, Spintech 2 into 1 muffler, X pipe, Rear sway bar, Leer 700 tonneau
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

TundraTalk.net - Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum > Member Area > Tundra Clubs

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TundraTalk.net - Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in