LinkBack Thread Tools
post #106 of 139 (permalink) Old 04-18-2017, 08:38 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Garage
(Thread Starter)
Bulldog Canyon Prerun 1/13/17

With the big AZ Toyota Meet coming up, @PLC721 @JTS2014TACO and I all did a prerun in Bulldog Canyon to make sure it was 2wd friendly for those guys coming out. It was a an awesome cloudy day and we took advantage of some pics

Strike a FLEX

2016 TRD Pro Tundra

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #107 of 139 (permalink) Old 04-18-2017, 08:41 AM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)
Thanks to @Toytec Lifts I received my gift card for winning the "It'll Buff Out Award" on TacomaWorld, and used it to purchase some Spidertrax 1.25" Wheel Spacers Need to trim my cab mount again but I love the new stance, perfect balance to the rear now. Also matches the front bumper tube that comes out passed the fender

2016 TRD Pro Tundra

post #108 of 139 (permalink) Old 04-18-2017, 08:49 AM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)
ARIZONA TOYOTAS Meet/Greet & Poker Run - January 21st, 2017

Gotta give credit to @JTS2014TACO for getting this meet going at first. Once it began to gain serious attention, I took over and it BLEW UP from there! @Tubbs island of @SDHQ OFFROAD and @mh.meier of @pelfreybilt donated some prizes and Cliff came up with the Poker Run idea in Bulldog Canyon What was supposed to be about 40 trucks on that trail for our morning Poker Run, turned into almost 60! It was indeed an EPIC turnout and I believe everyone had a damn good time!

Off to an early start after a long rainstorm passed through the day before. I always get super excited when airing down before the trails! See if you can spot my newest mod too :spy:

@Tubbs island @Brian00 7Taco @Desert Drifter

@Duke sTaco @scott 96929

@phx13

@JTS2014TACO @Jerry Taco

The Poker Run CREW!

Matt's Tundra and our lil Johnny Cash

@Jerry Taco Checkpoint

Matt's Checkpoint

I was the last checkpoint and gathered everyone before heading to Butcher Jones for the BBQ

@TroCo & @neslerrah surprise appearance!!!!!

@Seabass

From Bulldog Canyon we exited onto Bush Hwy and drove into Butcher Jones Recreation Area for the BBQ and official meet. Luckily we found a parking lot big enough to hold everybody because it filled up quick!
@Snow tank looking all fabulous

Pelfreybilt and ADS Love

Little cookout behind my truck @PLC721 @TroCo

If you're blind well then I'll tell you now that my roof has a new satin black vinyl wrap
@milo ta95 @KevinK @cmack

@0uTkAsT

Then my buddy Chris showed up in his LT beast!

Riverview Toyota @letsgo places brought a brand new 17 Tundra and fully built SDHQ 4Runner for our viewing pleasure!

With the exception of mine, all these trucks were purchased through Riverview.....*cough but mine's the only "real" Pro...*cough

After the BBQ, some of us rolled out and headed for Cove 1 in Butcher Jones. Chris's Truck is so damn clean!!:bowdown: I tried to keep up in the washes but was too busy drooling over his suspension in the whoops....

@Techoma

@KevinK going full reverse up the damn hill!

@Jerry Taco & @Techoma rolling out

And that's a WRAP! Hope you enjoyed the pics :headbang: Sorry I didn't tag everyone, just too many trucks but thank you all for coming out!

2016 TRD Pro Tundra

post #109 of 139 (permalink) Old 04-18-2017, 08:57 AM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)
DOONIES - February 10th-12th, 2017

My father-in-law introduced me to my new addiction when I first met him. We already shared the love for offroading, but once he introduced me to ATC life....well I was hooked! For his birthday weekend we planned a trip to Gordon's Well Imperial Dunes. This was my first time to the dunes since 2012! Little did I know how awesome it was to ride in the dunes on a 3-wheeler

Paddles on, fork seals replaced, and maintenance checks complete.. its GO TIME! Brother-in-law's Red 250X, Wife's White 200X, and my beastly black 350X :headbang:

Brother-in-law also brought his dirtbike

Last pit stop in Yuma. TRON hauls really nice

Even though it was overcast, the full moon lit up the night sky just enough to get super excited about our camping spot!

Much like our Sedona Trip last year, we woke up to a spectacular overcast morning!! It was pretty damn impressive

RTT Life in the Dunes

That's me messing with my whip, and my father-in-law's badass rail

Perfection! I love this shit!

And my gorgeous Wife!

Blessed with perfect cool weather and an already awesome sunrise, the sunset was icing on the cake!

Yes the almighty SUPER SABER by [USER=96314]@JeepAndrew[/USER] :headbang:

The next day was cut short because the wind was outrageous! Strong enough to blow over my camp chef, which isn't light and sandblast the hell out of us.. But no DUNE trip was gunna end without mobbing in TRON! The ADS 3.0s were lovely in the sand

2016 TRD Pro Tundra

The Following User Says Thank You to TR0N For This Useful Post:
jc153 (04-19-2017)
post #110 of 139 (permalink) Old 04-18-2017, 09:01 AM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)
PELFREYBILT Arizona Campout/Sheep's Bridge - February 17th-19th, 2017

We were lucky enough to be invited to the official @pelfreybilt Arizona Campout at Sheep's Bridge Even though the only thing I currently have from Pelfreybilt is a t-shirt, koozies, trasharoo, and some stickers haha, BUT I'm working on convincing Mr. @socalduckslayer himself to build some fancy new Tundra parts! As a previous customer and close friend, I can say they really take care of their customers and build not only high quality grade, but also very aesthetically pleasing bumpers and modifications for the Tacoma and 4runners! I can only imagine what they would do for our Tundras... Back to the awesome campout, it was prep time and I always get excited gathering all my camping gear to run equipment checks! This trip in particular I was prepping my full loadout of the "pew pew" toys

A common chore nowadays is loading the truck the night before and having to park it fully loaded in my garage since we live in Tucson, and you cant trust a single damn person to respect your property around here.... Already had a couple things stolen out of my driveway. Atleast Tron still fits in the garage for now....just barely..

The next morning we got up super early to meet @JTS2014TACO in Phoenix and try to lock down a good spot for the big campout. I think these gassing up pics are growing on me...atleast when I'm taking them its fun to look at how clean the trucks are before going off grid

Obligatory picture driving up Cave Creek Road. We're in AZ so whenever I see running water I must stop and take pics.... Thanks to @JTS2014TACO for rubbing it in, yes I need lights....and he has ALL THE LIGHTS! Important to note here too, this was raging the day we left after all the rain that weekend!

Stopped again along the road for more pics

Definitely need to fix this bro lean with my camping loadout

First to camp and locked down the best spot! It was beautiful outside too, little overcast and about 70 in the sun....little did we know that was about to change pretty soon haha.

Just as the group starting rolling in, so were the clouds @mh.meier @Tubbs island

Didn't stop us from making margaritas tho! :cheers: #coolestcooler

Now with the rain picking up and temps dropping it was time to cuddle up by the fire. We were in for a long rainy night!:rain:

Next morning it was drizzling and perfect out, for me anyway. The desert becomes a whole new oasis in the rain...so I took some pics!

@mrs.snowtank @Snow tank

@The Fluffer @cmack

#PELFREYBILT #MERICA

@socalduckslayer @milo ta95

Heading out for what would be a very long mudding trip!

You could say it rained non stop all weekend....

We then proceeded toward I-17 and the Bloody Basin Exit since we had planned for another trip to Sedona....but it turns out we had to back track about 40 miles since we could not get passed this......... Yes they made it through somehow and there is video of this floating around *pun intended*:rofl:

#IHATEMUD while backtracking we had to run back through a mudbog I had just sworn id never return too...

and for the finale, thanks to Cliff @Tubbs island and his awesome camera, we were able to document my attempt to wash all the mud off

2016 TRD Pro Tundra

jc153 (04-19-2017)
post #111 of 139 (permalink) Old 04-18-2017, 09:03 AM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)
Valley Spring Service - Operation: Bring Back the RAKE!

So as some of you may have noticed my rear leafs have been screaming for help for quite some time! The stock leaf packs are just not suited for my expedition ready, "go fast" style of driving. Stock tundra springs have 4 leafs and mine were completely negative arch under no load. On top of hating the bro lean and wanting more weight capacity, I also needed the extra clearance coming out/off an obstacle. The rear bumper has seen better days and I was able to display some of my zip-tying skills learned from Rinzler, on Tron. Moving forward, @XPOTRPR highly recommended that I call Valley Spring Service and see what they could do since they did so well with his Tacoma. After calling them, Phil preferred that I load my bed with all my camping gear to get the most accurate height desired while loaded.

Face down, ASS UP!

Thanks to @PLC721 for picking me up and driving me around while Tron was in surgery. The best part about Valley Spring is that they're local, and finished within a day! Not to mention, I would have paid double the price to purchase any other custom set of leaf packs. Needless to say I was so damn happy when we picked up my truck! @PLC721 @Superior Detail and I grabbed some lunch after but here a good comparison to their stock height, while I have ~600lbs loaded in the bed

It's almost perfectly level with weight in the bed but alittle more in the rear, which I love!

$564 out the door That's including install, labor, new ubolts, re-arching the stock leafs, adding 3 more leafs, and painting them in less than a day. I cant say enough about how happy I am with that deal!

Unloaded

Comparison to my original lift before the leafs took a shit (has +3 coachbuilder lift shackles in both)

2016 TRD Pro Tundra

jc153 (04-19-2017)
post #112 of 139 (permalink) Old 04-18-2017, 09:06 AM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)
Box Canyon St. Patty's Weekend - March 18th, 2017

Huge thanks to @PLC721 for throwing this run together! The group started off alittle smaller but we had a couple more people jump in for this awesome run through Box Canyon in Florence. Although it may not seem like much, a whole year of expeditions and modifications have been logged in Tron since we started our offroad adventures in Box Canyon last year With big meets to come and my new rear leaf packs installed, you could say this was yet another shake down run much like last year. Since I have a pretty big mixture of pics from myself and the others, Picture cred goes to @Superior Detail our buddy Ryan. Hopefully we'll see some videos from this trip too!

Your photographers and videographers

Stopped in the canyon to play around

@PLC721 and TRON - Superwhite Tundras FTW!

My tires look tiny...

@Jerry Taco Had to strike a pose as well!

Jake @Kyouto42 the open diff 2wd guy decided he was gunna give the boulder a run too haha...and stuck!

@Jerry Taco broke out with his winch

OB#1235

Out of the canyon and on our way to Red Hill to play around some more

This hill was no match for TRON in 4LO! :headbang:

Beastly.

@JTS2014TACO on his way up! Cant wait for all the drone footage

Skipped over the whole waterfall obstacle but I have a video for that! Stay tuned. Otherwise this was an awesome trip with some great friends!

Burnout time!...:burnrubber:

2016 TRD Pro Tundra

jc153 (04-19-2017)
post #113 of 139 (permalink) Old 04-18-2017, 09:08 AM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)
Box Canyon St. Patty's Weekend - Continued

Check out the waterfall obstacle video here

https://lwthgw-bn1305.files.1drv.com...c/IMG_2569.MOV

Took some screenshots from the waterfall obstacle video. Easy peasy

2016 TRD Pro Tundra

jc153 (04-19-2017)
post #114 of 139 (permalink) Old 04-18-2017, 08:50 PM

Mentioned: 45 Post(s)
Quoted: 439 Post(s)
SO JEALOUS OF THOSE RUNS, dude i need to get your number all these pics happened like 30mins from my house at spots i love to wheel...i didnt see any of those meets posted here, is there a fbook group or some other place you guys post of the trail adventures at, i wanna get in on that. thanks
The Following User Says Thank You to Zackbremer For This Useful Post:
TR0N (04-20-2017)
post #115 of 139 (permalink) Old 04-20-2017, 06:46 AM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zackbremer View Post
SO JEALOUS OF THOSE RUNS, dude i need to get your number all these pics happened like 30mins from my house at spots i love to wheel...i didnt see any of those meets posted here, is there a fbook group or some other place you guys post of the trail adventures at, i wanna get in on that. thanks
I'm mainly logged into Tundras.com and often still tacomaworld.com since we all hang out so much with the Tacoma guys. I rarely post about these quick meets to keep the numbers down to a few but definitely shoot me a PM with your number and ill keep you updated man. The next couple weeks are already booked up with Tundras to Sedona and then the Overland Expo West in May

2016 TRD Pro Tundra

post #116 of 139 (permalink) Old 04-20-2017, 06:54 AM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)
BAJA DESIGNS OFFICIAL - April 8th, 2017

TRON has been granted with 55,750 lumens! Thanks to @SDHQ OFFROAD the SDHQ Inferno Pro's @Baja Designs lighting shall live on through TRON I can't thank my buddy Jerry enough for all the help and the cleanest wiring I have ever seen. It's awesome to have such talented individuals in the Toyota community, and Jerry really showed off his skills under the hood! I made sure to purchase a Switch-Pro from SDHQ as well, making installation a breeze and keeping the entire setup super clean!

-Baja Designs OnX6 Arc Dual Function 50" Driving-Combo Amber/White Light Bar
-Baja Designs XL-80 Amber A-Pillar Lights

SDHQ A-Pillar Mounts

XL-80's mounted and Jerry tucked away the wiring so nicely!

Wiring in the Switch-Pro

All excess/future wiring neatly tucked away and all the Baja Designs wired into the appropriate switches

Switch-Pro face mounted inside the truck. Need to adjust these stickers since I'm OCD and just noticing they're off center haha but I also threw on my future switch locations

The OnX6 bar was definitely the final touch TRON needed to bring the front end together, afterall, the bumper was basically designed around this light bar

Obligatory Poser shots! Jerry's Tacoma and TRON look good together

2016 TRD Pro Tundra

post #117 of 139 (permalink) Old 04-20-2017, 07:09 AM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)
96 Ranch Road to Oracle Junction Night Run - April 14th, 2017

Of course now that I was properly equipped with ALL the Baja Designs lights, it was time for a night run! Even though I had plans to get these lights since I purchased the bumper from SDHQ a year ago, @PLC721 @GTABurnout and many others definitely teased me with their setups every step of the way I was stoked to FINALLY be able to see at night again @Baja Designs #BrighterBolderBetter

From Inferno to SuperWhite!

Pic Cred: Jamie

Hanging out with @GTABurnout before the run! Gotta love those Red Methods!

Again Pic Cred: @JTS2014TACO I definitely need a new camera now

The Night Run Crew Cliff, Jamie, Myself, @GTABurnout , Travis & pictured further down Taylor and Josh in the 2nd Gen Tacomas

XPOTRPR

Lit up Hunter @GTABurnout from my hill top, he was atleast 300 yards away and even though the pic doesn't justify it, I could see him clear as day!

And Chili's in Oro Valley to end the night

2016 TRD Pro Tundra

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TR0N For This Useful Post:
PitbullTRD (04-20-2017), UNTMatt (04-20-2017)
post #118 of 139 (permalink) Old 04-20-2017, 07:14 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
@TR0N I noticed you took off your front sway bar. How does it handle sudden maneuvers on-road now? Do you have it off all of the time now? I might take mine off and am looking for recommendations.
post #119 of 139 (permalink) Old 04-21-2017, 01:53 AM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by LYCANoffroad View Post
@TR0N I noticed you took off your front sway bar. How does it handle sudden maneuvers on-road now? Do you have it off all of the time now? I might take mine off and am looking for recommendations.
No sway bar on top of 600lb springs, which are super soft for our heavy trucks, it sways like a trophy truck I like it and don't mind at all since I came from the same style driving in my Tacoma. I could see towing a very heavy load would create some discomfort but otherwise the offroad advantages gained from not having it are immense! I think if you took it off and had 700lb springs up front you'd barely notice a difference on road. The offroad articulation is where not having it makes for a much more comfortable trip. I have no intention on putting it back on anytime soon

2016 TRD Pro Tundra

post #120 of 139 (permalink) Old 04-21-2017, 10:59 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TR0N View Post
No sway bar on top of 600lb springs, which are super soft for our heavy trucks, it sways like a trophy truck I like it and don't mind at all since I came from the same style driving in my Tacoma. I could see towing a very heavy load would create some discomfort but otherwise the offroad advantages gained from not having it are immense! I think if you took it off and had 700lb springs up front you'd barely notice a difference on road. The offroad articulation is where not having it makes for a much more comfortable trip. I have no intention on putting it back on anytime soon
I'll chime in here too, since I removed mine and actually sold it. I have ADS 2.5 coilovers up front with 700lb springs and I do notice a little bit of difference in how much it leans around corners, but it's not bad at all. That being said, I would like to try some 600 or 650lb springs and see how that feels. The offroad ride was greatly improved - to the point where I sold the sway bar as I knew I'd never put it back on.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

TundraTalk.net - Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum > Tundra Discussion > Tundra Build Logs

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TundraTalk.net - Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in