Gaslight's build log for Bevo - Page 2 - TundraTalk.net - Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of 33 (permalink) Old 03-17-2016, 06:39 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Garage
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by danh2485 View Post
Glad to see Toyota is still making a real truck, bench seat in the front and big motor under the hood. I'm not a fan on the console.
Amen!

Gaslight \m/

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Bevo (2016 TRD CM 4x4 5.7L w/front bench)
N-Fab steps / Line-X / Weathertechs / TF 46gal Tank

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(
)

"The only time you have too much gas, is when you're on fire..."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 33 (permalink) Old 03-17-2016, 06:58 PM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)
Line-X, NFAB steps, WeatherTechs

Got Bevo Linex'd up today, slipped in some WeatherTechs, and NFAB steps!

Screen Shot 2016-03-17 at 5.47.23 PM.png

20160317_172349.jpg

Screen Shot 2016-03-17 at 5.56.45 PM.png

The folks at Line-x Accessory Superstore in Denton did a great job and took care of me! Thanks!

Waiting on the Transfer Flow 46 gal tank, and researching lifts... \m/

Gaslight \m/

(
)

post #18 of 33 (permalink) Old 03-21-2016, 03:55 PM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 99 Post(s)
Garage
Looks nice!

mine came with the spray in liner... think I'll be adding the weather tech bed/tailgate mats over it though for a little extra dent and bolt rust protection, as I really put the previous truck's plastic bedliner to some tough work on the stuff I throw back there regularly.

>--- B I G L O A D ---<

post #19 of 33 (permalink) Old 03-21-2016, 07:31 PM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by theman View Post
Have you tried the sport/tow self shift yet on that thing? It's Hilarious!
Not yet, that shifter still cracks me up though! Ha! My trailer is so light, I may not even need the tow mode.

Quote:
I really put the previous truck's plastic bedliner to some tough work on the stuff I throw back there regularly.
I had the plastic bedliner on my 95' Taco, worked well for me too. One thing's for sure, the tonneau covers aren't cheap! I may have to wait on that.

I found a nice spot for my iPod (using the magnet holder). So far so good, but I'm trying to find a good spot for a cell phone holder (not on the windshield). I've seen the DIY's with the 2x4 models (4x4 delete spacer), but with the 4x4 and bench front - I'm almost out of dashboard real estate.

20160321_182215.jpg

20160321_182225.jpg

Gaslight \m/

(
)

post #20 of 33 (permalink) Old 03-22-2016, 11:14 AM

Garage
I generally just have mine in the cupholder (dash or middle seat folded down)... I also hate the phone on windshield setup(why add a blindspot right in front?). Noticed from my field of view though a real mount center top dash would obscure nothing pretty much, so may come up with something neat there. Same place in yours may work well... from driver seat you still see clock and all too.

>--- B I G L O A D ---<

post #21 of 33 (permalink) Old 03-22-2016, 07:19 PM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
I also hate the phone on windshield setup
My phone cooks up there (N. Texas, in summertime).

I tried the magnet ball set up on the dash panel above the stereo (like my iPod down below), but the adhesive didn't stick too well on the dash. And, the phone would shift positions on the magnet ball during turns, speed changes etc. I may try something different (3m based or find a permanent spot on the dash with a DIY holder).

I like the spot directly above the steering wheel, but it cooks there too... Like you, I've just been leaving it in the fold-down center console (not the cupholder, the other spot) until I figure out a permanent solution.

As silly as it is, these are the 4-kid problems we deal with, lol!

Gaslight \m/

(
)

post #22 of 33 (permalink) Old 03-23-2016, 10:12 AM

Garage
I call these 1st world problems... it's a rough life.

>--- B I G L O A D ---<

post #23 of 33 (permalink) Old 03-23-2016, 10:44 AM

Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Garage
I added a garmin gps with Backup Camera to my truck. I stuck the gps mounting pad to the speaker mesh on the top of the dash. I was hoping the arm would be long and the gps would sit much closer to the CD slot, but it works well for now.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20150806_001842.jpg (132.2 KB, 44 views)
File Type: jpg 20150806_001852.jpg (192.2 KB, 49 views)
post #24 of 33 (permalink) Old 03-23-2016, 10:50 PM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by danh2485 View Post
I added a garmin gps with Backup Camera to my truck. I stuck the gps mounting pad to the speaker mesh on the top of the dash. I was hoping the arm would be long and the gps would sit much closer to the CD slot, but it works well for now.
I just bought a Garmin too (Nuvi 25 something something), because I wasn't entirely pleased with the Scout GPS APP (I think Toyota missed the mark with that deal).

I like your mounting location. That's where I plan to install mine too. Thanks!

Gaslight \m/

(
)

post #25 of 33 (permalink) Old 03-23-2016, 11:00 PM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)
Another usual suspect - Blacked out badges

My Brother-in-Law and I just finished up installing blacked-out badges, much better IMO (I'm not a big fan of chrome).

Screen Shot 2016-03-23 at 9.41.07 PM.png

Screen Shot 2016-03-23 at 9.41.17 PM.png

Also got a family photo with my Brother-in-Law's bad ass TRD Pro and Bevo (waiting on my Mom's truck to finish the trifecta of Tundras).

Screen Shot 2016-03-23 at 9.40.18 PM.png

And of course, Gaslight (my 2008 JKUR) needed to get into the mix as well.

Screen Shot 2016-03-23 at 9.40.56 PM.png

We just finished the job as bad weather moved in. Thankfully, we missed out on the tornadoes, thunderstorms, and hail. Got some good rain though, whew...

BTW, if you don't own an automotive eraser wheel (like me), it is highly recommended for the badge removal process. Thanks TRDWarrior for the help tonight (especially for bringing that eraser wheel).

Next up: the big dog (ordering the transfer flow tank at the end of the month). \m/

Gaslight \m/

(
)

Last edited by Gaslight; 03-24-2016 at 07:37 PM.
post #26 of 33 (permalink) Old 03-24-2016, 11:25 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Good thing you have a professional mechanic in the family. I have all the toys to get the job done.

2016 TRD Pro current rig
2011 TRD Rock Warrior Totaled
post #27 of 33 (permalink) Old 04-20-2016, 12:59 PM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)
Behemoth (AKA Transfer Flow 46g tank) arrives on Monday \m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRDWarrior View Post
Good thing you have a professional mechanic in the family. I have all the toys to get the job done.
You free next week, say on Monday? Behemoth arrives then

Gaslight \m/

(
)

post #28 of 33 (permalink) Old 04-20-2016, 05:23 PM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)
It was inevitable. Bevo's first door ding (edit: chipped paint off rear door). Blah

Screen Shot 2016-04-20 at 6.43.54 PM.png

Last edited by Gaslight; 04-20-2016 at 07:44 PM. Reason: added photo
post #29 of 33 (permalink) Old 04-26-2016, 06:37 PM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)
Transfer Flow 46gal tank arrived today! \m/

Behemoth, AKA Transfer Flow's 46gal tank arrived today. Can't wait to get it installed!

Just from my initial inspection and observation, this is a solid-built tank! I passed on the spray-coating (the black powder coat is sufficient enough IMO for where I live).

Stock tank photo (26gal):
Screen Shot 2016-04-26 at 5.34.28 PM.png

20160426_163417.jpg

Screen Shot 2016-04-26 at 5.05.01 PM.png

I'll post up photos after install. I'm going to contract come one to fabricate a skid plate for this behemoth... Will get more details on that progress as well.

"The only time you have too much gas, is when you're on fire."

Gaslight \m/

(
)

post #30 of 33 (permalink) Old 05-07-2016, 07:08 PM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)
Transfer Flow 46 gallon tank (AKA Behemoth) installed today

Well, after a week of sitting on the garage floor, "Behemoth" is alive (Transfer Flow's 46 gallon tank)!

Big shout out to my Brother-in-law TRDWarrior for installing it today while I was at work...

First impressions:
1. The tank is heavy... "that's a huge bitch!"
2. Install instructions were vague
3. It was a "snug fit" into the frame rails (but in place and solid)
4. Needs a skid plate (IMO) before any hardcore off-roading
5. FREAKING AWESOME overall!

TBD: trying figuring out how the trip computer and gauge responds to Behemoth (I've read that it is transparent).

Here's Bevo on the lift:
Tank 1.jpg

Dropping the old tank:
Tank 2.jpg

Prepping the new tank:
Tank 3.jpg

Side-by-side (no) comparison:
Tank 4.jpg

In with the new tank:
Tank 5.jpg

Install complete:
Tank 6.jpg

I'll post more tank clearance pictures from every underside angle later...

Note: I had the stock 26 galling tank due to the fact that I bought the front bench (family of 6) and whenever you add the larger 38.5 gallon Toyota tank, it deletes the front bench :-| (FAIL). Additionally, the price for a 38.5 galling tank vs Transfer Flow's 46 gallon tank were really close (I opted for Behemoth - all day, everyday).

Again, thanks TRDWarrior for the install, wish I could've helped out. For those of you wanting to increase your towing range, this is a great option (I'll perform some fuel economy/towing range research while on our upcoming trip to Colorado next month).

Gaslight \m/

(
)

Last edited by Gaslight; 05-07-2016 at 07:16 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

TundraTalk.net - Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum > Tundra Discussion > Tundra Build Logs

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TundraTalk.net - Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in