Ultimate OEM Toyota Tundra parts thread - Page 9 - TundraTalk.net - Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #121 of 278 (permalink) Old 11-15-2017, 12:22 PM Thread Starter
Supporting Vendor

Mentioned: 264 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 440 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Installation instructions for accessories are readily available. That sway bar, however, is not an accessory. It's a normal part. Service techs can pull up that stuff, but they generally don't need to. You could have your local service department find out some information you're needing for installation.

Not really sure about TIS. That's a better question for corporate Toyota.

I'll update the OP with the handle information.

Let me know if I can help with anything!

-Roman

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
<----- click to order parts

Need a Pro grille, painted bumper ends, handles, mirror caps, or any other popular Tundra part? Check
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
first.

If you still need to contact me, please send me a PM or email me through our online store. Phone calls are the WORST means to contact me. I am never in one spot for long and always answer emails/PM's first.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #122 of 278 (permalink) Old 11-20-2017, 05:53 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Roman,

What is the part number for a 2018 1794 Grill insert?

Wanting to go from SR5 honeycomb to 1794. Based on what I have seen the insert on the 2018 1794 is the insert is all chrome, the 2018 Limited insert has a more matte finish on the interior bars.

It is my understanding the bulge and surround are the same across all trims if they are chrome.

Thanks in advance!

Andy
post #123 of 278 (permalink) Old 11-21-2017, 01:07 PM Thread Starter
Supporting Vendor

(Thread Starter)
There is no grille insert. It's just the grille assembly, which includes a surround. The 1794 uses this grille:

https://parts.toyotaofcoolsprings.co...rad-531010c060

-Roman

Need a Pro grille, painted bumper ends, handles, mirror caps, or any other popular Tundra part? Check
first.

If you still need to contact me, please send me a PM or email me through our online store. Phone calls are the WORST means to contact me. I am never in one spot for long and always answer emails/PM's first.

post #124 of 278 (permalink) Old 11-21-2017, 01:24 PM

Wow, are they including the radar sensor in that price as part of the assembly?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #125 of 278 (permalink) Old 11-21-2017, 04:53 PM Thread Starter
Supporting Vendor

(Thread Starter)
Nope, the sensors are in the emblem. It's just the grille. Pretty pricey, to say the least.

-Roman

first.

post #126 of 278 (permalink) Old 11-21-2017, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToyotaOfCoolSprings View Post
Nope, the sensors are in the emblem. It's just the grille. Pretty pricey, to say the least.

For sure, that's double the price of the 2017 1794 grille.

Are you seeing these kinds of increases across the board?

post #127 of 278 (permalink) Old 11-22-2017, 10:49 AM Thread Starter
Supporting Vendor

(Thread Starter)
Not across the board, just with the 2018 Limited and 1794 grilles. The Sport and Platinum grilles are actually pretty reasonable.

-Roman

first.

post #128 of 278 (permalink) Old 11-23-2017, 07:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToyotaOfCoolSprings View Post
Not across the board, just with the 2018 Limited and 1794 grilles. The Sport and Platinum grilles are actually pretty reasonable.
Interesting. I can't see any other reason to price a part like this other than to discourage "self-upgrades" to trim by customers. Unless there is some new costly process for plastic chrome coating that I don't know about.

I'm not bashing Toyota but it seems this kind of pricing structure would have some ripple effects in the collision industry. Front cap parts are consumables for the most part. By placing a plastic grille component at over $900 retail by itself makes even the smallest front end collision repair pretty expensive.

$300 or so, no big deal. $600 will definitely make me think about it. If I had to pay retail there is no way I could justify it.

Sorry to muck up your thread. Thank you for being a dealer that prices parts as competitively as possible.
post #129 of 278 (permalink) Old 11-23-2017, 06:08 PM
Premium MemberPremium Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 85 Post(s)
Garage
I am sure this is the wrong thread but I just did a search for Amp Research Power Steps and only found someone selling them in 2016. I know just recently I read of someone selling these steps. I was looking for Black Friday specials and did not find any. Who is the one on this forum that deals with them?

2018 Tundra Platinum
post #130 of 278 (permalink) Old 11-23-2017, 09:32 PM
Premium Member

Thanked 1,298 Times in 685 Posts
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 352 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by azTony View Post
I am sure this is the wrong thread but I just did a search for Amp Research Power Steps and only found someone selling them in 2016. I know just recently I read of someone selling these steps. I was looking for Black Friday specials and did not find any. Who is the one on this forum that deals with them?
@Svcustoms I think.

2018 Smoked Mesquite(aka Vintage Brown) Platinum 4X4 W/TRD Pro Suspension.
Moonroof. Front window tint. Compustar Pro T11 remote starter.
IronCross Side Arms.
Bedrug Bedmat XLT
DiamondBack HD Tonneau

MI Tundra Club #1
Platinum Club #60
TWAC Club #76
RYRWDBTTBYCDI Club #57
2008 Grade DC 5.7 4X4 Slate Metallic (Gone, Traded in)
post #131 of 278 (permalink) Old 11-25-2017, 08:37 AM
Supporting Vendor

Mentioned: 103 Post(s)
Quoted: 210 Post(s)
Yes, how may I help?

Thanks
Josh
Svcustoms.com
post #132 of 278 (permalink) Old 11-25-2017, 10:02 AM
Premium MemberPremium Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 85 Post(s)
Garage
I sent you a PM. I do not want ti hi-jack this thread any more than I already have

2018 Tundra Platinum
post #133 of 278 (permalink) Old 12-02-2017, 03:35 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jst4fun321 View Post
Before I send Roman a lot of my money has anyone who did NOT have factory parking sensors add new bumper end caps WITH sensors and figure out what is needed to get the parking sensors to work?

Huge bonus points for anyone who has done the same and gotten blind spot monitor and cross traffic alert to Work.

BACKGROUND: My 18 Tundra is here! SR5 with TRD, but I needed 6 seat, so I could not get the “upgrade” or “convenience” packages. So... I don’t have parking sensors or BSM mirrors. I don’t need BSM, but I would really like to add the parking sensors. Camera is another option, but I may be changing from chrome to black bumper caps anyway, so I want the parking sensors.

QUESTION: Can anyone help me verify I have pre-wiring necessary to add parking sonar (curious about blind spot monitor also)?

My local dealer was ZERO help. In fact a tech in the room chimed in trying to tell me it was impossible. I acknowledged it could be cost prohibitive, but when I asked if it was possibly pre-wired since it is a VERY common option... well, let’s just say he politely said no. The way he actually said it, PISSED ME OFF. Insulting, condescending, @ss hole. Life goes on, perhaps he was having a bad day.

BUT, now I would love to prove him wrong, even at twice the price

Similar to OP products, if I had links of everything to buy and install instructions, I’d be ecstatic. Anyone up for the project with me? I’ll buy the beer or chip in towards your project.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
post #134 of 278 (permalink) Old 12-04-2017, 06:28 PM Thread Starter
Supporting Vendor

(Thread Starter)
It'll be a deep rabbit hole, and I believe you'd be the first to go down it on the forums. I don't anyone who has retrofitted the OEM sensors onto a Tundra that did not have them. For the harness, it's possible that it is there. It is for the fog lights on the SR, so it's possible they could be there for the sonar. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

-Roman

first.

post #135 of 278 (permalink) Old 12-06-2017, 01:55 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
sub'd

2015 Blue Ribbon CrewMax SR5 4x4 5.7L-- N-Fab 6-Step Textured, Tow-Mirror Swap, TransferFlow Replacement Tank, Corner Bed Step, Flip Key Mod, Pace Edwards Bedlocker, LED Headlights, TRD Rear Sway Bar, Oh Sh*t Handle, Auto headlight swap (in box), Heated Front Seats, Compustar Pro R3 Remote Start, LED Rock Lights in Bed, Flush Mounted LED Scene Lights in Rear Bumper...for now
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

TundraTalk.net - Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum > Vendors > Toyota of Cool Springs

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TundraTalk.net - Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in