Ultimate OEM Toyota Tundra parts thread - Page 19 - TundraTalk.net - Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #271 of 290 (permalink) Old 03-11-2019, 11:04 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Garage
How about a part number for this bad boy? It's the connector for the rear camera coming out of the tailgate on a 2015 SR5 double cab.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3032.jpg (179.6 KB, 73 views)

I turned off my Tapatalk signature so you never know where I'm posting from...
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #272 of 290 (permalink) Old 03-12-2019, 03:12 PM Thread Starter
Supporting Vendor

Mentioned: 272 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 441 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikec426 View Post
How about a part number for this bad boy? It's the connector for the rear camera coming out of the tailgate on a 2015 SR5 double cab.
The connector for the rear camera that Toyota has listed is showing to be this one:

https://parts.toyotaofcoolsprings.co...r-f-9098012790

Which looks like this:

Let me know if I can help with anything!

-Roman

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
<----- click to order parts

Need a Pro grille, painted bumper ends, handles, mirror caps, or any other popular Tundra part? Check
first.

If you still need to contact me, please send me a PM or email me through our online store. Phone calls are the WORST means to contact me. I am never in one spot for long and always answer emails/PM's first.
post #273 of 290 (permalink) Old 03-13-2019, 09:47 AM

Garage
Yeah, that's definitely not what I have on my truck...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg CameraConnector IMG_3040.jpg (168.2 KB, 23 views)
File Type: jpg CameraConnector IMG_3041.jpg (112.5 KB, 22 views)

Last edited by mikec426; 03-13-2019 at 09:50 AM.

post #274 of 290 (permalink) Old 03-13-2019, 06:16 PM Thread Starter
Supporting Vendor

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Yeah, that's definitely not what I have on my truck...
The other connector I am showing in the tailgate is this one:

https://parts.toyotaofcoolsprings.co...-ha-828240c100

It is showing to be a 4 flat connector like what you have, but it does not specifically say it is for the camera like the other one I referenced.

-Roman

Need a Pro grille, painted bumper ends, handles, mirror caps, or any other popular Tundra part? Check
first.

If you still need to contact me, please send me a PM or email me through our online store. Phone calls are the WORST means to contact me. I am never in one spot for long and always answer emails/PM's first.
post #275 of 290 (permalink) Old 03-15-2019, 02:25 PM

Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Garage
Roman @ToyotaOfCoolSprings

How about the rear spoiler for a 2017 Highlander (flip up window)? My wife backed into the garage door for the second time, this time is cracked the spoiler and is missing a chunk of it. I assume Iíd have to get it painted as well bc I canít find anywhere that tells me if they are raw or I need to pick the paint code when ordering. Thanks.

2012 Crewmax Limited, Super White, 6" BAmuffler system, Debadged, tint, 20" Method NV wrapped in 285/55/20 Terra Grappler G2, Bilstein 5100s all four corners middle setting fronts, Weathertech Floorliners, Lomax folding tonneau, Bedrug, TRD Front & Rear Swaybar, Pop-N-Lock Tailgate Lock, BHLM with tinted DRLs, color matched door handles, black mirror caps, sport grille surround, white rear bumper, led interior bulbs, two car seats.

Future Plans: LED headlights

Last edited by ebone3; 03-19-2019 at 02:34 PM.
post #276 of 290 (permalink) Old 03-16-2019, 06:09 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToyotaOfCoolSprings View Post
The other connector I am showing in the tailgate is this one:

https://parts.toyotaofcoolsprings.co...-ha-828240c100

It is showing to be a 4 flat connector like what you have, but it does not specifically say it is for the camera like the other one I referenced.
That looks to be something for a trailer connector.

post #277 of 290 (permalink) Old 03-19-2019, 02:39 PM Thread Starter
Supporting Vendor

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebone3 View Post
Roman @ToyotaOfCoolSprings

How about the rear spoiler for a 2017 Highlander (flip up window)? My wife backed into the garage door for the second time, this time is cracked the spoiler and is missing a chunk of it. I assume Iíd have to get it painted as well bc I canít find anywhere that tells me if they are raw or I need to pick the paint code when ordering. Thanks.
I can look up the rear spoiler for you. Shoot me the VIN, and I'll link you to it. It will have to be painted.

-Roman

first.

post #278 of 290 (permalink) Old 03-20-2019, 02:24 PM

Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToyotaOfCoolSprings View Post
I can look up the rear spoiler for you. Shoot me the VIN, and I'll link you to it. It will have to be painted.
Iíll check the VIN tonight and pm it to you. The color is midnight black metallic.

2012 Crewmax Limited, Super White, 6" BAmuffler system, Debadged, tint, 20" Method NV wrapped in 285/55/20 Terra Grappler G2, Bilstein 5100s all four corners middle setting fronts, Weathertech Floorliners, Lomax folding tonneau, Bedrug, TRD Front & Rear Swaybar, Pop-N-Lock Tailgate Lock, BHLM with tinted DRLs, color matched door handles, black mirror caps, sport grille surround, white rear bumper, led interior bulbs, two car seats.

Future Plans: LED headlights
post #279 of 290 (permalink) Old 08-23-2019, 01:47 PM

Garage
Any chance a head unit from a 2020 with Apple Carplay will slot right into the dash of a 2019?

post #280 of 290 (permalink) Old 08-26-2019, 10:47 AM Thread Starter
Supporting Vendor

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Any chance a head unit from a 2020 with Apple Carplay will slot right into the dash of a 2019?
It's possible, though we won't really know until someone with a 2019 or older model gives it a shot. The dash trim is the same, so I'm assuming it will physically fit. The wiring is the unknown....

-Roman

first.

The Following User Says Thank You to ToyotaOfCoolSprings For This Useful Post:
mikec426 (08-26-2019)
post #281 of 290 (permalink) Old 08-26-2019, 11:49 AM

Garage
Thanks! Fingers crossed!

post #282 of 290 (permalink) Old 09-02-2019, 03:27 PM
Premium Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 83 Post(s)
Garage
@ToyotaOfCoolSprings

Roman,

My buddy has a 2018 Tundra with a Toytec 3" kit and Coachbuilder shackles in back. His TSS has issues because of the lift, and apparently there's a recall on something to do with the sensor. However, the dealership won't honor the recall because of the lift and how it affects the sensor. Will a relocation bracket for the sensor help resolve the sensor issue.

Hard to imagine Toyota engineers adding a system that would completely malfunction because of ride height change, and void recalls. They NEVER design systems without deep consideration of the end user's needs...LOL! Just kidding.

Toyota still not paying you hand over fist for consumer feedback consulting? (Dammit, Sweers!)

Hoping that new head unit will fit our 2014-2019 Trucks. Entune is almost entirely useless for me now. Only thing I use now is the bluetooth. Still, 90K miles, and my little storm trooper is running better than ever.

Cheers,

John

(picture - first day of Texas dove season, 2019)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg TrooperTKSR5.jpg (184.7 KB, 13 views)

2016 Super (Storm Trooper) White TRD Off-Road
ToyTec 3" kit up front, Coachbuilder 2" Shackles, TRD Rear Sway Bar, White Knuckle Off-Road Sliders, Driver Side Grab Handle, 35x12.50R18 Nitto Ridge Grapplers, Method Roost Wheels, S&B Intake, etc.

- Thread for installing drivers side grab handle in Gen 3. Directions on page 2. SparksParts.com now sells the kit (see page 25). Best upgrade out there.

post #283 of 290 (permalink) Old 09-03-2019, 12:10 PM Thread Starter
Supporting Vendor

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrooperTKSR5 View Post
@ToyotaOfCoolSprings

Roman,

My buddy has a 2018 Tundra with a Toytec 3" kit and Coachbuilder shackles in back. His TSS has issues because of the lift, and apparently there's a recall on something to do with the sensor. However, the dealership won't honor the recall because of the lift and how it affects the sensor. Will a relocation bracket for the sensor help resolve the sensor issue.

Hard to imagine Toyota engineers adding a system that would completely malfunction because of ride height change, and void recalls. They NEVER design systems without deep consideration of the end user's needs...LOL! Just kidding.

Toyota still not paying you hand over fist for consumer feedback consulting? (Dammit, Sweers!)

Hoping that new head unit will fit our 2014-2019 Trucks. Entune is almost entirely useless for me now. Only thing I use now is the bluetooth. Still, 90K miles, and my little storm trooper is running better than ever.

Cheers,

John

(picture - first day of Texas dove season, 2019)
It's possible, though I don't think I've seen any relocation brackets for those. They have to sit right behind the emblem. I do know the recall is just for adding in this black foam stuff around the sensor, and they will not do it unless the truck is stock (no lift, no grille from a different model). I don't think adding that foam stuff will cure the issue with your buddy's truck, though. We haven't had any issues with 3" lifts and those TSS sensors.

Haven't seen a dime yet.

I think it'll physically fit, I just don't know if it will work. Not to mention those factory head units are ridiculous. I looked one up the other day and it was over $4k. Might be cheaper to just trade it in.

-Roman

first.

post #284 of 290 (permalink) Old 09-12-2019, 03:05 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
TRD Exhaust
https://parts.toyotaofcoolsprings.co...ust-ptr0334160
https://parts.toyotaofcoolsprings.co...ipe-ptr0334161

Do I need any miscellaneous parts to complete the installation ?
Or everything comes with them ?
post #285 of 290 (permalink) Old 09-12-2019, 03:54 PM Thread Starter
Supporting Vendor

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
TRD Exhaust
https://parts.toyotaofcoolsprings.co...ust-ptr0334160
https://parts.toyotaofcoolsprings.co...ipe-ptr0334161

Do I need any miscellaneous parts to complete the installation ?
Or everything comes with them ?
You will need two new gaskets from the catalytic converter section to the new muffler section. The kit only comes with gaskets from the new muffler section to the new tailpipes. The kit includes everything else you'll need.

Here's a link to the gasket you'll need:

https://parts.toyotaofcoolsprings.co...ket-90917a6002 x2

-Roman

first.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

TundraTalk.net - Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum > Vendor Member Section > Toyota of Cool Springs

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TundraTalk.net - Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in