Ultimate OEM Toyota Tundra parts thread - Page 11 - TundraTalk.net - Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #151 of 278 (permalink) Old 01-22-2018, 11:07 AM Thread Starter
Supporting Vendor

Mentioned: 265 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 440 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Could not find a difference at all. Here is the TRD Sport grille and Platinum grille side by side, with close ups of each. Can you tell which is which?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20180119_103656.jpg (201.4 KB, 97 views)
File Type: jpg 20180119_103700.jpg (199.3 KB, 95 views)
File Type: jpg 20180119_103710.jpg (198.5 KB, 82 views)
File Type: jpg 20180119_103714.jpg (197.4 KB, 80 views)

Let me know if I can help with anything!

-Roman

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
<----- click to order parts

Need a Pro grille, painted bumper ends, handles, mirror caps, or any other popular Tundra part? Check
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
first.

If you still need to contact me, please send me a PM or email me through our online store. Phone calls are the WORST means to contact me. I am never in one spot for long and always answer emails/PM's first.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #152 of 278 (permalink) Old 01-22-2018, 11:34 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Nope, the insert color looks the same on both. So basically the Platinum grill is identical to the Sport. No need to wait, gonna order the Platinum grill.
And just to confirm: I need to order the sub-assembly and the hood bulge to have a completely painted surround, correct?

Thanks Roman!

CM MGM 2018 Limited TRD Offroad, Amp Research Steps, TRD Pro wheels, TRD sway bar, Roadmaster Active Suspension, ARE Cap, 2018 Platinum grill, almost done deleting the chrome
2004 Lexus GX470 Lifted Ironman Suspension, tires -sold

Last edited by ace911; 01-22-2018 at 12:01 PM.
post #153 of 278 (permalink) Old 01-22-2018, 04:56 PM
Premium Member

Thanked 1,298 Times in 685 Posts
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 352 Post(s)
Garage
Quick question Roman, how does the sensor/emblem mount to the grill? Is it held on with screws or does it just clip on?

2018 Smoked Mesquite(aka Vintage Brown) Platinum 4X4 W/TRD Pro Suspension.
Moonroof. Front window tint. Compustar Pro T11 remote starter.
IronCross Side Arms.
Bedrug Bedmat XLT
DiamondBack HD Tonneau

MI Tundra Club #1
Platinum Club #60
TWAC Club #76
RYRWDBTTBYCDI Club #57
2008 Grade DC 5.7 4X4 Slate Metallic (Gone, Traded in)

post #154 of 278 (permalink) Old 01-22-2018, 05:01 PM Thread Starter
Supporting Vendor

(Thread Starter)
It just clips on.

-Roman

Need a Pro grille, painted bumper ends, handles, mirror caps, or any other popular Tundra part? Check
first.

If you still need to contact me, please send me a PM or email me through our online store. Phone calls are the WORST means to contact me. I am never in one spot for long and always answer emails/PM's first.
post #155 of 278 (permalink) Old 02-07-2018, 06:35 PM
Premium MemberPremium Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 85 Post(s)
Garage
What is the cost for a set of 4 Rock Warrior wheels (50mm) shipped to 85248 please? Are these available?

2018 Tundra Platinum
post #156 of 278 (permalink) Old 02-08-2018, 09:20 AM Thread Starter
Supporting Vendor

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by azTony View Post
What is the cost for a set of 4 Rock Warrior wheels (50mm) shipped to 85248 please? Are these available?
Rock Warrior wheels are discontinued.

-Roman

first.

post #157 of 278 (permalink) Old 02-08-2018, 08:49 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToyotaOfCoolSprings View Post
Rock Warrior wheels are discontinued.
really? Any word on why that was done?

2018 Tundra Platinum
post #158 of 278 (permalink) Old 02-09-2018, 05:20 AM

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Hi Roman,

Love my TRD Pro grille & hood bulge!

Looking at 2018 LED headlights next... Ordered plug n play wiring harness from EleDoubleu...

Next is TRD Pro suspension & sway bar... I did see that Toyota updated TRD Pro suspension this year - or so they claim. Squeezing out a few more buck from the old model before the all new 2019 methinks, anyway...

Any meaningful differences to the new Fox shocks/Bilstein(?) springs for the Tundra? Are they even different from the current TRD Pro Tundra suspension? If so, what's your timeline for offering them?

Thanks for offering great products, prices, & customer service!
post #159 of 278 (permalink) Old 02-09-2018, 10:15 AM Thread Starter
Supporting Vendor

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
really? Any word on why that was done?
Really really. I'm not really sure why. I'm sure there is a bean counter at Toyota who thought it was a good idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowlight View Post
Hi Roman,

Love my TRD Pro grille & hood bulge!

Looking at 2018 LED headlights next... Ordered plug n play wiring harness from EleDoubleu...

Next is TRD Pro suspension & sway bar... I did see that Toyota updated TRD Pro suspension this year - or so they claim. Squeezing out a few more buck from the old model before the all new 2019 methinks, anyway...

Any meaningful differences to the new Fox shocks/Bilstein(?) springs for the Tundra? Are they even different from the current TRD Pro Tundra suspension? If so, what's your timeline for offering them?

Thanks for offering great products, prices, & customer service!
Glad you're liking the new parts.

They did swap over to Fox shocks instead of the Bilsteins for the 2019 Pro. Part numbers have not even become available for them yet. Honestly, I'm not sure of any real world differences between them and the Bilsteins. We won't really know until we get some seat time.

-Roman

first.

post #160 of 278 (permalink) Old 02-09-2018, 10:54 AM
Premium Member

Thanked 1,298 Times in 685 Posts
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 352 Post(s)
Garage
Maybe the Fox's can be rebuilt?

2018 Smoked Mesquite(aka Vintage Brown) Platinum 4X4 W/TRD Pro Suspension.
Moonroof. Front window tint. Compustar Pro T11 remote starter.
IronCross Side Arms.
Bedrug Bedmat XLT
DiamondBack HD Tonneau

MI Tundra Club #1
Platinum Club #60
TWAC Club #76
RYRWDBTTBYCDI Club #57
2008 Grade DC 5.7 4X4 Slate Metallic (Gone, Traded in)
post #161 of 278 (permalink) Old 02-09-2018, 11:05 AM Thread Starter
Supporting Vendor

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoKenDo View Post
Maybe the Fox's can be rebuilt?
It's a possibility. I shan't confirm nor deny anything yet.

-Roman

first.

post #162 of 278 (permalink) Old 02-10-2018, 08:21 AM

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Hi Roman,

What do you charge for 4 TPMS for my '17 Tundra?

Also, any idea what service dept will charge for re-sync of TPMS?

I'll be looking to do this twice annually as I swap out my summer & winter wheel/tire sets...

And - thanks for addressing new TRD Pro suspension question; can we expect you to update your thread(s) as these become available for sale?
post #163 of 278 (permalink) Old 02-11-2018, 12:33 PM

Garage
Hello Roman, I would like to be first in line for a 2019 TRD Sport grill. I suspect from what I seen the radar bracket is in place. It is the same grill as the new 2018’s but has TOYOTA instead of the ring logo.

2018 Tundra Platinum
post #164 of 278 (permalink) Old 02-12-2018, 10:25 AM Thread Starter
Supporting Vendor

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Hi Roman,

What do you charge for 4 TPMS for my '17 Tundra?

I'll be looking to do this twice annually as I swap out my summer & winter wheel/tire sets...

And - thanks for addressing new TRD Pro suspension question; can we expect you to update your thread(s) as these become available for sale?
Here's a link to the TPMS:

https://parts.toyotaofcoolsprings.co...PWxheWVyXzU%3D

I will definitely update everyone once I have new information regarding details about the parts, ordering process, availability, etc.

Quote:
Hello Roman, I would like to be first in line for a 2019 TRD Sport grill. I suspect from what I seen the radar bracket is in place. It is the same grill as the new 2018ís but has TOYOTA instead of the ring logo.
That would be the TRD Pro grille. The Sport grilles are already out. Also, we're going to have to determine what has been added to take the place of the sensor in the emblem. I am assuming it is a new radar sensor, given that it is a different part number on the Pro and only the Pro, but I do not have a way to confirm that yet because I can not get the part. But, we'll cross that bridge when we get there.

-Roman

first.

post #165 of 278 (permalink) Old 02-21-2018, 05:41 PM
Premium Member
Premium Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Hi Roman,

I went into discount tire and had them re-sync the sensors, and also program the PSI under the dashbord (changed from P275/65/R18 to LT275/65/R20). They did not charge anything, you can offer to tip the guy who did it.

-J

Past:
2014 Nissan Pathfinder
2009 Toyota Tundra 4.0 v6
2007 Toyota FJ cruiser 4x4
2016 Toyota 4Runner 4x2, ICON Stage1 suspension kit

Current:
Toyota Tundra DC 2014 5.7L SR5 4x2
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

TundraTalk.net - Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum > Vendors > Toyota of Cool Springs

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TundraTalk.net - Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in