User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-06-2018, 08:51 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Sonax PNS over Menzerna AIO

I'm not sure I did any of this correctly, but here are the results. I corrected with Menzerna AIO to remove some clear coat scratches from some pinon and juniper trees when I was an a pretty rough road...Tundra did great by the way with LTX MS2 Tires...

After correcting and polishing with the AIO, I did not clean with IPA, but just removed whatever residue was left with a microfiber. I then applied the Sonax Polymer Net Shield and likely used more product than necessary as it beaded up on whatever the AIO had laid down, so I kept spraying and wiping to until it seemed like coverage was complete.

This is what my hood looked like after the falling snow melted. My truck lives outside and is subject to some pretty strong UV and weather that SW Colorado brings. My hope is that it makes it until spring with some touch ups along the way to boost whatever protection there is. The beads were much larger than I am used to seeing with Menzerna Powerlock that I've used many times before...

This was done two weeks ago and here is the glamour shot....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg tundra hood 1.jpg (159.4 KB, 26 views)
The Following User Says Thank You to halftondra For This Useful Post:
TundraStruk (12-09-2018)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-09-2018, 11:05 PM
Premium Member

Thanked 2,133 Times in 1,115 Posts
Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Quoted: 254 Post(s)
Damn, that's the money shot!

Topping Menzerna AIO with Sonax PNS is just fine. You're obviously getting amazing beading protection based off that picture. Back in the day, I would use Klasse AIO as a base layer and top it will all different types of sealants, and get months of solid beading protection. You're not harming your paint in any way at all, so enjoy the shine, and when it wears off.....hit it again with something new....ceramic

Mark
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-09-2018, 11:31 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Yes, Guru, I know that ceramic is in my future, but I feel like I at least need to use up some of the product that I've got!

I am happy with how it is beading and keeping my truck pretty clean, but is what I'm seeing from the carnuba in the AIO or is it the Sonax PNS? What I'm not sure about is if the PNS or any polymer can really adhere to the wax to add another layer of protection. I just don't want to use up product unnecessaril...

So when I go to the ceramic, will I still get marks from driving by tree branches? If so, am I just leveling out the ceramic coating or do I need to get deeper? Because apparently, I can't stop going by these trees...narrow roads, forced lines and a big wide bad*ss truck...

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-11-2018, 09:44 AM
Premium Member

Thanked 2,133 Times in 1,115 Posts
Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Quoted: 254 Post(s)
I spoke with the Sonax reps a few years ago at Detail Fest, specifically about application techniques of PNS. I was told to spray PNS on a folded up microfiber, wipe a single panel with it, and immediately follow with a clean microfiber buffing cloth. Very little product is used this way, so you should see long life from that single can.

As for ceramics, they claim to be more "scratch resistant", but take that for what it's worth. My truck and cars do no see any off road branches, so Im not the one to comment on branch resistance, lol.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

TundraTalk.net - Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum > Tundra Discussion > Detailing Tips and Tricks > Show and Shine

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TundraTalk.net - Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in