Tundra Racing 2-4" lowering kit - Page 2 - TundraTalk.net - Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of 36 (permalink) Old 02-04-2012, 11:07 PM
Premium Member

Thanked 22,113 Times in 6,042 Posts
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Get it done Vettelover and join the lowered Tundra Group..!!

https://www.tundratalk.net/forums/tun...ers-group.html

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Supratwins/TRD-X Jim Gone to a higher plain of existence!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

btw what happend to the new rule about signature sizes
does that rule only apply to the members..??

Way-Low Tundra Club member #2
Tundra with a Cap Club member #31
Black Tundra Club Member #71
The Following User Says Thank You to TRD-X For This Useful Post:
Vettelover84 (02-18-2015)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 36 (permalink) Old 02-05-2012, 12:41 AM
Premium Member

Thanked 2,083 Times in 874 Posts
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 72 Post(s)
Garage
I really want to get it done. With a deployment on the way, the wifey will be using the more. Its tough for her to get in and out now. Claire is getting old enough to jump up into vehicles so a lower truck would help.... I just have to see how good the tax return is going to be. And how good of a deal I can get on the kit. The install will be easy for me I think. I just need to keep the look out for the TRD Exhaust too...

2010 Tundra CrewMax 5.7L V8 4x2 4.5/6 Drop..

"The Tundra hunts its prey. Oblivious to the approaching hungry beast, the Prius grazes on its diet consisting primarily of wheatgrass shakes and hipster espressos"
"Illusion is a sleight of hand, a trick. Can't blame the ones who fall for it. But those who know it's a trick and still believe it...... That's delusion....."
The Following User Says Thank You to Vettelover84 For This Useful Post:
TRD-X (02-06-2012)
post #18 of 36 (permalink) Old 04-11-2012, 11:47 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hello guys!
I'm ready now to do the drop on my truck. I'm looking for an adjustable for front and rear. Drivensite has them on his truck. He went with bell tech for the front and tundra racing flip kit for the rear. Thanks for the info drivensite! Is there other kits out there that would allow this? Also I read that you have to modify the exhaust somehow. I have a magna flow dual in dual out system. What needs to be done to the exhaust?
Thanks in advance!

post #19 of 36 (permalink) Old 04-11-2012, 12:16 PM
Premium Member

Garage
Finally Done!! 2.25/5 Drop...

As for Lakers question..... I don't know about the rest but my exhaust cleared the leaf spring just fine... But mine doesn't go over the axle anymore either..

"The Tundra hunts its prey. Oblivious to the approaching hungry beast, the Prius grazes on its diet consisting primarily of wheatgrass shakes and hipster espressos"
"Illusion is a sleight of hand, a trick. Can't blame the ones who fall for it. But those who know it's a trick and still believe it...... That's delusion....."
post #20 of 36 (permalink) Old 04-11-2012, 12:19 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by chev-hell View Post

looks much better with new wheels... 22x9 305/45/22's
I thought you posted a pic of my truck at first. Looks like mine before I color matched everything.

[SIZE="3"][SIZE="4"][COLOR="Silver"]2008 Tundra Supercharged Dbl Cab: MODS-Grillcraft grille, BHLM, Corsa exhaust, Pioneer Avic-z110bt, Boss 335 22's, Kenwood amps, Memphis 12" sub, Alpine components, dynamat, custom enclosure, Extang Revolution, Katzkin Seats w/heaters, DJM drop arms, TundraRacing rear drop kit, Firestone RideRite system, Viar compressor, train horns
SOLD!!!
post #21 of 36 (permalink) Old 04-11-2012, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettelover84 View Post
Finally Done!! 2.25/5 Drop...

As for Lakers question..... I don't know about the rest but my exhaust cleared the leaf spring just fine... But mine doesn't go over the axle anymore either..
Thanks for your reply! Also your truck looks good! yeah I'm not sure if my exhaust needs to be modify, I guess I'll fine out later. Also what did you use for front and rear drop kit?
post #22 of 36 (permalink) Old 04-11-2012, 12:39 PM
Premium Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakers-1-24/7 View Post
Thanks for your reply! Also your truck looks good! yeah I'm not sure if my exhaust needs to be modify, I guess I'll fine out later. Also what did you use for front and rear drop kit?
The Tundra Racing TR-2060 Drop Kit. 2.25/5 inch drop.

I used the Bilstien short shocks and the TRD Sway bar relocation kit too.

post #23 of 36 (permalink) Old 04-11-2012, 12:51 PM

Sweet! any pictures?
post #24 of 36 (permalink) Old 04-11-2012, 01:27 PM
Premium Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakers-1-24/7 View Post
Sweet! any pictures?

I posted these in this thread too...
https://www.tundratalk.net/forums/tun...-group-17.html

post #25 of 36 (permalink) Old 04-11-2012, 01:34 PM
Premium Member

Garage
Suspensionless..

BEFORE

After

post #26 of 36 (permalink) Old 04-11-2012, 04:15 PM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Garage
Vettelover84 - congrats...looks good.

Lakers - does your exhaust exit behind the tire (side) or out the back (below bumper)?

2007 Tundra crewmax LTD. Lowered 2/4.5" with Belltech Street Performance struts and SOS Performance rear flip kit. 26" Lexani LX7 with 305/30/26 Pirelli tires. Color matched Paramount grille, door handles, side mirrors, rear bumper, and tailgate handle. Phillips 6000k HID kits in headlights and foglights. V-Leds interior and exterior. Hella celis led tail lights. Borla exhaust. Alpine/CDT full custom stereo with sound deadened cab by Extreme Audio Systems.
The Following User Says Thank You to drivensite For This Useful Post:
Vettelover84 (04-11-2012)
post #27 of 36 (permalink) Old 04-11-2012, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drivensite View Post
Vettelover84 - congrats...looks good.

Lakers - does your exhaust exit behind the tire (side) or out the back (below bumper)?
Yeah it exits behind the tire, dual.
post #28 of 36 (permalink) Old 01-31-2016, 12:16 AM Thread Starter

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Been a while but about to do it again... want input

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRD-X View Post
My input on this is just mine so don't hate. The Tundra Racing lowering kit is what it is and the TRD kit is 100% better.
You know the old saying you get what you pay for right..!!

I've driven this Tundra with the Tundra Racing kit and it in no way is better than the TRD kit I have.

I've had the TR kit now for about 5 years.. it's been fine with no issues except I can't align the front to with-in specs... chews on tires (22" 305's)
Anyhooo..... Im buying a 14' silver DC next week, I want to drop it also but am considering all options on this... any input would be great, sounds like the TRD kit might be the way to go but Im leaning towards spindles instead of losing my suspension travel up front... FYI, current pics with 20's that ride much better, but truck is for sale if anyone wants a 220k mile tundra
Attached Images
File Type: jpg tundraSale.jpg (133.2 KB, 34 views)
post #29 of 36 (permalink) Old 01-31-2016, 08:57 AM
ron
Premium Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
I used the McGaughy's 2/4 Flip kit...lowered my RCSB 3 1/2" fr and 5" in the back. Also "maxed" out the alignment adjustment to barely get it within specs. Have 20's all around so there's not a clearance problem. This was a cheap way to get the results I wanted...all less than $500 but if I did it again, I would definitely go with lowering spindles.
post #30 of 36 (permalink) Old 01-31-2016, 10:51 AM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 180 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by chev-hell View Post
I've had the TR kit now for about 5 years.. it's been fine with no issues except I can't align the front to with-in specs... chews on tires (22" 305's)
Anyhooo..... Im buying a 14' silver DC next week, I want to drop it also but am considering all options on this... any input would be great, sounds like the TRD kit might be the way to go but Im leaning towards spindles instead of losing my suspension travel up front... FYI, current pics with 20's that ride much better, but truck is for sale if anyone wants a 220k mile tundra
hey Chev, I have a TR kit 2/4 if you want to do it again. pm me for cheaper price than buying new.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

TundraTalk.net - Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum > Tundra Discussion > Product Reviews

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TundraTalk.net - Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in