post #91 of 216 (permalink) Old 01-20-2019, 07:23 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Garage
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by OkSlim View Post
If you have been in for sixteen years and don’t have a couple of months backup money saved I got no sympathy for you. You will get full back pay.

This thing is bigger than government employees having their check delayed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That's OK, I wasn't asking for your sympathy. I was just merely asking what others were doing. Yes, I do have some funds stashed away. Have you ever served in any Military Branch? I would like to know where your coming from with slight blast towards me.

This is not a blast me session, just wanted to know what others are doing if they have been affected.

Thank you for your advice.

NEW PHONE, WHO DIS
The Following User Says Thank You to DIABLOCOASTIE1 For This Useful Post:
Jesco (01-20-2019)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 216 (permalink) Old 01-20-2019, 07:46 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 179 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DIABLOCOASTIE1 View Post
That's OK, I wasn't asking for your sympathy. I was just merely asking what others were doing. Yes, I do have some funds stashed away. Have you ever served in any Military Branch? I would like to know where your coming from with slight blast towards me.

This is not a blast me session, just wanted to know what others are doing if they have been affected.

You were feeling sorry for yourself
post #93 of 216 (permalink) Old 01-20-2019, 07:53 PM Thread Starter

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Garage
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by flighht2k5 View Post
You were feeling sorry for yourself

I may have been but was not looking for handouts. I apologize if it sounded like I was asking for handouts.

But reading all the replies is quit enjoyable as many people have different opinions and that's what makes us human.

NEW PHONE, WHO DIS
The Following User Says Thank You to DIABLOCOASTIE1 For This Useful Post:
Jesco (01-20-2019)
post #94 of 216 (permalink) Old 01-20-2019, 08:24 PM
Stealth Ninja Moderator
Premium Member

Thanked 32,858 Times in 15,075 Posts
Mentioned: 887 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10803 Post(s)
Garage

2015 Tundra CrewMax 1794 2WD

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
ddd
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
ddd

The Following User Says Thank You to StevenD For This Useful Post:
Jesco (01-20-2019)
post #95 of 216 (permalink) Old 01-20-2019, 09:43 PM
Chief of Grammar Police
Premium Member

Thanked 11,993 Times in 5,753 Posts
Mentioned: 291 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3191 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DIABLOCOASTIE1 View Post

That's all fine, well and good but why you dragging Oklahoma into this, they don't have walls and yet they keep all the Indians in, feathers not dots.

2007 Salsa Red Crewmax Limeted
Born in TEXAS built by TEXANS
aFe Stage II Pro-S Dry Si
Corsa Sport Single Cat Back Exhaust

The Following User Says Thank You to Wacked For This Useful Post:
Dragos28 (01-20-2019)
post #96 of 216 (permalink) Old 01-21-2019, 07:36 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Garage
It very reassuring the concern folks have for those that aren't getting paid but still having to work for who knows how long. Neither party owns this anymore. Yeah the President said go ahead and shut it down but haven't you noticed he's been talking like that for years besides he hasn't even been given a spending bill to sign or veto which would fund this portion of the government. Many folks here would rather see a bunch of folks lose their possessions, look up the GS pay scale for a GS-7 whom most of these employees are who have been furloughed than to see around 100 miles of fence built around McAllen TX where as it is now they rely upon a river to keep law breakers out. There's probably more than $6 billion of pork in the omnibus spending bills already passed so every Representative and Senator could hand out candy to their donors.

This started out as a place for some of us to vent some frustration but it has become a facebook page rant, so I say for those who'd rather see the same folks who felt bad when you had problems with your Tundra and came here asking for help or lost a job or had friends lose jobs due to changes in the economy I'll still try to help either by ideas or sympathy because I'm better than that!

Tundra Ham Radio Club #8

Magnetic Grey Club #320

Political Correctness; In America we donít hide our re-education camps.
post #97 of 216 (permalink) Old 01-21-2019, 09:31 AM

Quoted: 34 Post(s)
I actually believe congress would send Trump a bill if Mitch McConnell (sp?) would allow it.
I think he said he wouldn't unless we gave the baby his $5.7b for the wall, fence or barrier.
I'd bet he wouldn't even agree to $4b.

One more thing: Why isn't the Coast Guard under the DOD?
They are a branch of the armed forces aren't they?

Last edited by tempetom; 01-21-2019 at 09:34 AM.
post #98 of 216 (permalink) Old 01-21-2019, 10:40 AM

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tempetom View Post
One more thing: Why isn't the Coast Guard under the DOD?
They are a branch of the armed forces aren't they?
Tom,
You're correct, the Coast Guard is a branch of the armed forces and, wikipedia's overview mentions the law enforcement and regulatory authorities and missions that set us (I'm in the CG) apart from DoD:

"The United States Coast Guard (USCG) is a branch of the United States Armed Forces[6] and one of the country's seven uniformed services. The Coast Guard is a maritime, military, multi-mission service unique among the U.S. military branches for having a maritime law enforcement mission (with jurisdiction in both domestic and international waters) and a federal regulatory agency mission as part of its mission set. It operates under the U.S. Department of Homeland Security during peacetime, and can be transferred to the U.S. Department of the Navy by the U.S. President at any time, or by the U.S. Congress during times of war. This has happened twice: in 1917, during World War I, and in 1941, during World War II."

Wikipedia - USCG

We work and deploy with DoD routinely domestically and internationally and maintain a substantial footprint in Bahrain, including six patrol boats, that support ongoing operations throughout the CENTCOM area of responsibility. Our members "over there" as well as out on ships, patrol boats, aircraft and stations here in the U.S. are in the mix of government employees caught-up in the required to work without getting paid for the past three weeks (last paid 31 December). While it's awkward that our people are working alongside their DoD counterparts while not being paid and are unsure when the next paycheck or eventual backpay will come, there are ~23 other agencies in DHS feeling the same crunch we are: TSA, CBP, Secret Service, ICE, FEMA and many others. It's not just about the Coast Guard and some of what's in the news seems to lock onto the military working without pay narrative.

The impact of this also goes to our retirees and widows/widowers who receive survivor benefits...if this continues to 31 January, they will not receive their pay as well because it is funded out of the CG budget. Other agency impacts like potential airline delays and other issues will start gaining more visibility as the pain becomes more obvious and more of the public is inconvenienced.

When this finally gets solved, getting everything back on track will take some time...operations, maintenance, etc are all being disrupted to varying degrees and there are latent effects that may not appear for awhile.

2016 Tundra Platinum, Brushed Stainless Steel Step Boards, RetraxProMX Tonneau Cover, BedRug Bedliner, paint protection film, ESP Plastic Under Seat Storage, Aries StyleGuard Floorliners, HitchSafe, center console organizer, Anytime Fog Light Mod, Pop & Lock Power Tailgate Lock MGMC #386
post #99 of 216 (permalink) Old 01-22-2019, 07:59 AM

Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by halftondra View Post
Congress could override Trump, but the Republicans want to keep what little power they have left so McConnell won't let anythig happen in the Senate. The could try to work out the wall and immigration issues separately from everything else, but they are going to die on this hill over a stupid wall that they don't even support. This is Trump's doing as he throws his little tantrum over not being able to deliver on his big talk of having Mexico pay for the wall and he is hoping the Dems will cave because they care about people, where he only cares about himself and is willing to let people suffer so he can get his way...He has the emotional maturity of a four year old....WAHHHHHHHHHHH And he's a draft dodger, elitist, trust fund baby....the ultimate snowflake....What irony he has foisted on the American public who believe his nonsense...
I'm not sure if you actually pay any attention to the news? Democrats and Republicans have both voted on this in the past, they were both in favor or a wall and more border protection. Obama, Bush and Clinton all voted for it and received bipartisan support. Nancy, Chucky and Dianne Feinstein also voted for it, it's their hatred for Trump that is stopping it
The Following User Says Thank You to Alaskawild For This Useful Post:
Wacked (01-22-2019)
post #100 of 216 (permalink) Old 01-22-2019, 08:01 AM

I didnít vote for trump but the more I see the left hate him the more it makes me want to vote for him.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to flighht2k5 For This Useful Post:
ACDan (01-22-2019), Wacked (01-22-2019)
post #101 of 216 (permalink) Old 01-22-2019, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shackleford rusty View Post
not empathetic to a one... too many gub'ment employees as it is. to make it worse, they have power trips and atti'tudes...

gub'ment work = a way to get 'uneducated' folk into the 'workforce'.

never heard of lobbyists have ya? oh right, 'gifts and campaign contributions' are not actual 'cash'... our government is overrun with bribery.

get rid of the waste, permanently... pay LEO more, pay FD more, pay military more.

maga from south texas!
Uneducated folk? LMAO, I'll gladly put my masters degree and experience against yours any day big guy. Please don't confuse congress with the American Government worker
post #102 of 216 (permalink) Old 01-22-2019, 08:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by halftondra View Post
Congress could override Trump, but the Republicans want to keep what little power they have left so McConnell won't let anythig happen in the Senate. The could try to work out the wall and immigration issues separately from everything else, but they are going to die on this hill over a stupid wall that they don't even support. This is Trump's doing as he throws his little tantrum over not being able to deliver on his big talk of having Mexico pay for the wall and he is hoping the Dems will cave because they care about people, where he only cares about himself and is willing to let people suffer so he can get his way...He has the emotional maturity of a four year old....WAHHHHHHHHHHH And he's a draft dodger, elitist, trust fund baby....the ultimate snowflake....What irony he has foisted on the American public who believe his nonsense...

Clinton was a draft dodger and Obama never served. But somehow you use this against trump?
The Following User Says Thank You to flighht2k5 For This Useful Post:
Wacked (01-22-2019)
post #103 of 216 (permalink) Old 01-22-2019, 08:33 AM
He Has Risen!

Thanked 16,980 Times in 7,962 Posts
Mentioned: 105 Post(s)
Quoted: 3291 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaskawild View Post
Uneducated folk? LMAO, I'll gladly put my masters degree and experience against yours any day big guy. Please don't confuse congress with the American Government worker
I'm not agreeing, disagreeing with or defending anything, but gov workers like TSA are clearly not experienced or educated as a whole. And that's the type of gov worker that the public has the most contact with.
People only have their experience to base an opinion on.
And others have only their imagination and what they hear from media to base their opinion on. Like Calson. And halftondra.
The Following User Says Thank You to RRzxter For This Useful Post:
Wacked (01-22-2019)
post #104 of 216 (permalink) Old 01-22-2019, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRzxter View Post
I'm not agreeing, disagreeing with or defending anything, but gov workers like TSA are clearly not experienced or educated as a whole. And that's the type of gov worker that the public has the most contact with.
People only have their experience to base an opinion on.
And others have only their imagination and what they hear from media to base their opinion on. Like Calson. And halftondra.
I agree 100% with that statement. But when we start generalizing all Government workers as lazy or uneducated lol that simply is not the case at all. TSA do not get the training other agencies receive unfortunately, they are better (believe it or not) than they were but they do have a way to go. It also stems from the lack of people who actually want to do that job so they will let more things slide as compared to the FBI, Secret Service, Border Patrol or DOJ for example.
Not too many people have a good thing to say about the TSA because like you said, we almost all have had a run in with them. I do wish people wouldn't put too much stock in the news because it is almost every time skewed in some form to fit their needs, that includes both FOX and CNN, both sides have a narrative and the truth is usually somewhere in between.
I think it was somewhere on this post a guy made mention that Government workers get free healthcare and free retirement, wow do I wish that was the case, I pay well over $600 a month for my healthcare along with funding my TSP (like a 401k). Sure $600 is low compared to a self employed person but it is in line with other businesses that offer healthcare to their employees. Plus there is that fact that we all choose our own path in life. Anyway, I don't feel the OP was looking for sympathy or a handout, I feel he was just looking to either vent or see if there are any like minded people on here that are going through the same thing he is, for some to say that he should have saved up? We do save up but can anyone on here tell me they have 3-4 maybe 5 months of savings just for that reason? I am not talking about dipping into retirement funds I am talking about extra savings? If they do that's awesome, I am good until the end of March and after that it will be tough but like I said before, we all choose our own path in life.
post #105 of 216 (permalink) Old 01-22-2019, 09:08 AM

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 370 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by flighht2k5 View Post
Clinton was a draft dodger and Obama never served. But somehow you use this against trump?
There is actually an entire political party for people who can not think for themselves. They desire to be told by others what they should think.

Whenever they are confronted with some belief or fact contrary to what they've been told by the current totem, they put a$$e$ together in the center of a defensive position with heads out like wildebeest to protect the partythink.

The way you can quickly identify them is the use of exact same terminology by all indoctrinated members to describe their position. In this case, the key word is "tantrum". It was recently invented by the Head Totem, because POTUS got up and left a session of interminable, tedious postering and BS. Trump is from the business world, and has very little patience for political children when trying to get something done. It is not like he didn't have more patient, highly-paid representatives in the meeting.

@flighht2k5 , YCFS. Utimately, the Corps of Engineers is going to build a barrier on our southern border to slow down the hordes trying to escape bad government. Trump is really reluctant, because the wildebeest are going to wage a court fight, but...the necessity of this course will become obvious in the near future.

This situation is not unlike Teddy Roosevelt wanting to order the US Navy to sail to the far east to show the flag during a dangerous time. For better reasons than Pelosi, Congress refused to provide the money. Roosevelt, as Chief Executive and Commander-in-Chief, gave the order and the fleet steamed off. When an irate Congress complained, he told them the Navy had enough money to get there, Congress just had to provide the money to get the fleet back.

2017 SR5 DC TSS 4.6L 2WD Magnetic Gray Metallic/Charcoal Gray
* Undercover Flex tonneau cover
* Coverking neoprene seat covers
* Auto headlight conversion
* Power tail gate lock
* Toyota weather mats

Last edited by OldGuy43; 01-22-2019 at 09:25 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to OldGuy43 For This Useful Post:
Wacked (01-22-2019)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

TundraTalk.net - Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum > Member Area > Off-Topic Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TundraTalk.net - Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in