Premium Member

Thanked 30,498 Times in 13,945 Posts
Mentioned: 340 Post(s)
Tagged: 5 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9257 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by flighht2k5 View Post

Newsflash. Fascism and communism are the same thing
Wherever you earned your political science degree, you should ask them for your money back.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

First Gen Club Member # 23
Peanut Butter and JAM
The Following User Says Thank You to Hicklebunny For This Useful Post:
Dragos28 (01-25-2019)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #152 of 216 (permalink) Old 01-24-2019, 08:13 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Since Countries are Defined by Boarder Walls, Among Other Things, I guess the Native Americans Simply forgot to Construct one... Americas beginning is the Perfect example of How "Illegals" can move in, take over, and make the existing inhabitants lives a "Living Hell" for Centuries... "How Ironic Is That?" Funny Thing Though... I Never Understood How Chris Columbus Discovered A Land That Was Already Inhabited By Other People... Just Doesn't Pass The Smell Test!!!! By the Way, the Last Time I Checked, There Was Already A Wall Across America's Southern Border... I guess that's the reason Mexico refuses to Pay$ for Another One, But What Do I Know?

2008 Toyota Tundra Crew Max Limited | TRD Supercharger | TRD Dual Exhaust | Autometer 5776 Electric Boost/Vac Gauge | Tinted Windows | ARE Tonneau Cover w/Brake Light Rear Spoiler | Bailongju Door Projector Ghost Shadow Lights | CravenSpeed Stubby Antenna | AMI Locking Fuel Door | Classy Autos White LED Interior Bulbs | Pirate Chrome Billet Shift Knob | TRD Aluminum Foot Pedals | 1794 Chrome Clad Wheels
post #153 of 216 (permalink) Old 01-24-2019, 08:19 AM
He Has Risen!
Premium Member

Thanked 10,190 Times in 4,445 Posts
Mentioned: 113 Post(s)
Quoted: 3622 Post(s)
Garage
Columbus discovered the Bahamas.
He never set foot here.
post #154 of 216 (permalink) Old 01-24-2019, 08:53 AM

Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by halftondra View Post
They want to come here because we are the best place in the world for people who don't have much to make something and provide for their families. And you'd likely do the same if you were in their shoes, but since you had the great fortune to be born in the US, it isn't something you'll ever have to worry about.

People are confusing asylum (asylee) with refugee. In our system a refugee seeks US protection/residency outside the US, while an asylee seeks it while they are in the US. So if you think about the Cubans who would get in boats so that they could put feet down in South Florida, those are asylees. If you think about Iraqis who helped the US in the Gulf War and are seeking to come to the US, those are refugees. I think I understand.

In terms of who you "trust", to simply adopt a group because they work in one small aspect of it, is a pretty weak way to make policy. They have their own experience and many times LEO are very narrow in their focus and what the issues are. There is a reason there are generals making the warplans and not the front line troops, to use an easy analogy. Do your own thinking for yourself. Don't adopt a policy based on who is saying it, what party is saying it, or if your friends who you train with and like to have beer with are saying it. Everyone should be responsible for coming to their own views and looking at all the evidence...it's called being an informed citizen.

If walls worked, I'd be all for them. But they don't and are a total waste of time and money and every time it's been tried, it's been proven to be. Under, around, over, through...all options are there for people who have nothing to lose and see the US as their only way of having a decent life for their kids.

Border security and interdiction are important and ta wall is a lousy way to do it. It's hard to believe that Repubs who used to be the fiscally responsible ones, would want to waste money on this. It shows how little political support they have and how Trump has been able to appeal whatever is left of the base that they don't stand up more against the wall, which they have previously never supported.
Im not confusing anything, I know the difference between asylum and refugees, please read up on it. You don't put stock in Border Patrols agents but listen to what Nancy Pelosy and Chuck Schumer are telling you? I work for the DOJ, I train with many different departments, they say we need a wall to help, believe what you want, if we use your thought process, when the Dr tells you you need an operation but you look to Google for advise.
Again EVERY member there now voted for this in the past, it is their hatred for Trump that's holding them back.
Last, NO ONE is against LEGAL immigration, not sure why that concept is so hard for people to understand?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Alaskawild For This Useful Post:
lando622 (01-24-2019), mcameron63 (01-24-2019)
post #155 of 216 (permalink) Old 01-24-2019, 09:10 AM
He Has Risen!
Premium Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by littleal10 View Post
By the Way, the Last Time I Checked, There Was Already A Wall Across America's Southern Border... I guess that's the reason Mexico refuses to Pay$ for Another One, But What Do I Know?
Last time you checked? Where did you check?
From your bedroom with binoculars? Google?
Did you take a drive along the entire southern border? WTF are you talking about?
There's almost 2000 mi of southern border.
Just over 600 mi is fenced.
Guess which state border is completely fenced and the most heavily fortified........
California.
The most leftwing, flaked out, hypocritical state in the nation.
The state with all the sanctuary cities. The state with all the drug addict entertainers, preaching to the rest of us to throw away our firearms, cut down on our pollution and tear down our walls......from behind their gated communities and armed body guards.
The Following User Says Thank You to RRzxter For This Useful Post:
Wacked (01-24-2019)
post #156 of 216 (permalink) Old 01-24-2019, 09:13 AM

Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mojalli View Post
This shutdown has to make you wonder just how much waste we have in government, so there are 800K furloughed and or out of work. Other than the TSA what else is there an issue with? Yes, I know that there are other agencies and parks that are shut down but seriously, are most people even noticing that things are shut down. I bet we could save millions of dollars just by reducing half these non essential employees, I've seen (sorry I didn't copy the link) of one federal employee who is furloughed who wants the shutdown to continue because he sees the waste first hand and he would like to see them never come back. Biggest problems other than not doing anything other than making plans for their next vacation and weekend they don't do jack and they all know they can't get fired so they don't give a crap and just keep on rolling. THESE are the people that the main stream media and democrats want to the public of their devastation and can't possible continue without being paid. PLEASE! as others have stated, if you or I were to be laid off we wouldn't be getting any assistance from the general public (maybe unemployment) but we certainly wouldn't be getting back pay at some point. There, rant over.
Other than the TSA what is the issue? How about the FBI, ICE, ATF, BOP, DOD all who are LEO by the way, plus a lot of other agencies including FDA, DEP, IRS and more that are not LEO's, I am an essential employee who has to go to work for no pay, I do want more border security so I will suck it up and do what I have to do until it ends.
I think you need to look up what non essential and essential is, just because they are non essential doesn't mean they are not needed, point being is the non essential IRS agents are going back so they can do your tax return, personally I think they should stay out so no one gets paid, I also think that when politicians decide to shut down the Gov, EVERYTHING needs to shut down, everything that the Government has it's hands on, so no social security, no medicare, no welfare, no air travel, no cell phones, NOTHING then it would never come to this, because if it did everyone would realize how big the Gov is and how much a part of their life depends on it. I don't think it should be this big, but it is.
And as for "not doing jack", please go walk a mile in ANY of the LEO's shoes, go on a raid with the FBI HRT team (if you can make the team), go with Border Patrol for half a day and see if you can hang, go with the ATF when the next big disaster hits and you are digging through bodies to find clues or how about just keeping your mouth shut when you have no clue what other people do for a living or while they are at work.
post #157 of 216 (permalink) Old 01-24-2019, 09:24 AM
He Has Risen!
Premium Member

Garage
All these leftwing, bleeding heart blow hards in here are clearly indoctrinated, not educated, have very little experience in the real world and couldn't hang for a day or walk a half mile in the shoes they judge.
But, they have "big brains" and simply just know how everything works, based on a few articles they read.
I wish I could just know everything from the comfort of my home and never have to actually experience life in the real world to be able to understand it.
Man would that be nice.
The Following User Says Thank You to RRzxter For This Useful Post:
mcameron63 (01-24-2019)
post #158 of 216 (permalink) Old 01-24-2019, 10:20 AM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaskawild View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mojalli View Post
This shutdown has to make you wonder just how much waste we have in government, so there are 800K furloughed and or out of work. Other than the TSA what else is there an issue with? Yes, I know that there are other agencies and parks that are shut down but seriously, are most people even noticing that things are shut down. I bet we could save millions of dollars just by reducing half these non essential employees, I've seen (sorry I didn't copy the link) of one federal employee who is furloughed who wants the shutdown to continue because he sees the waste first hand and he would like to see them never come back. Biggest problems other than not doing anything other than making plans for their next vacation and weekend they don't do jack and they all know they can't get fired so they don't give a crap and just keep on rolling. THESE are the people that the main stream media and democrats want to the public of their devastation and can't possible continue without being paid. PLEASE! as others have stated, if you or I were to be laid off we wouldn't be getting any assistance from the general public (maybe unemployment) but we certainly wouldn't be getting back pay at some point. There, rant over.
Other than the TSA what is the issue? How about the FBI, ICE, ATF, BOP, DOD all who are LEO by the way, plus a lot of other agencies including FDA, DEP, IRS and more that are not LEO's, I am an essential employee who has to go to work for no pay, I do want more border security so I will suck it up and do what I have to do until it ends.
I think you need to look up what non essential and essential is, just because they are non essential doesn't mean they are not needed, point being is the non essential IRS agents are going back so they can do your tax return, personally I think they should stay out so no one gets paid, I also think that when politicians decide to shut down the Gov, EVERYTHING needs to shut down, everything that the Government has it's hands on, so no social security, no medicare, no welfare, no air travel, no cell phones, NOTHING then it would never come to this, because if it did everyone would realize how big the Gov is and how much a part of their life depends on it. I don't think it should be this big, but it is.
And as for "not doing jack", please go walk a mile in ANY of the LEO's shoes, go on a raid with the FBI HRT team (if you can make the team), go with Border Patrol for half a day and see if you can hang, go with the ATF when the next big disaster hits and you are digging through bodies to find clues or how about just keeping your mouth shut when you have no clue what other people do for a living or while they are at work.
Well said.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Peanut Butter and JAM
post #159 of 216 (permalink) Old 01-24-2019, 12:03 PM
Premium Member
Premium Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hicklebunny View Post
Wherever you earned your political science degree, you should ask them for your money back.
Fascism is a form of radical authoritarian ultranationalism, characterized by dictatorial power, forcible suppression of opposition and strong regimentation of society and of the economy.

Communism is a theory or system of social organization in which all property is owned by the community and each person contributes and receives according to their ability and needs.

What China, Cuba, Venezuela and the former Soviet Union found out is that communism leads to fascism. So maybe the better phrasing is that communism invariably leads to either failure (e.g. Soviet Union) or Facism (China today).
post #160 of 216 (permalink) Old 01-24-2019, 12:09 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 182 Post(s)
Quote:

You should probably throw your liberal degree in the trash.
post #161 of 216 (permalink) Old 01-24-2019, 12:15 PM

Best explanation of the political spectrum

post #162 of 216 (permalink) Old 01-24-2019, 12:54 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Quote:

You should probably throw your liberal degree in the trash.
What's a liberal degree?

Peanut Butter and JAM
post #163 of 216 (permalink) Old 01-24-2019, 04:01 PM

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RRzxter View Post
Columbus discovered the Bahamas.
He never set foot here.
Tomatos... Tomatoes... The history books give Chris the Credit... The Vikings [Erik the Red & Leif Erikson] actually explored Northern America Centuries Before... But I Think You Get The Point!!!

2008 Toyota Tundra Crew Max Limited | TRD Supercharger | TRD Dual Exhaust | Autometer 5776 Electric Boost/Vac Gauge | Tinted Windows | ARE Tonneau Cover w/Brake Light Rear Spoiler | Bailongju Door Projector Ghost Shadow Lights | CravenSpeed Stubby Antenna | AMI Locking Fuel Door | Classy Autos White LED Interior Bulbs | Pirate Chrome Billet Shift Knob | TRD Aluminum Foot Pedals | 1794 Chrome Clad Wheels
post #164 of 216 (permalink) Old 01-24-2019, 04:07 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Best explanation of the political spectrum
Not even close. It's an over simplification based on government involvement.
Communism*is a system based around a theory of economic equality and advocates for a classless society,*fascism*is a nationalistic, top-down system with rigid class roles*
Under communism the state owns all the land, businesses, factories. Under fascism the individual owns their land, factories and businesses.

Peanut Butter and JAM
post #165 of 216 (permalink) Old 01-24-2019, 04:53 PM

Quote:
What's a liberal degree?

A degree received at a liberal college from a liberal professors.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

TundraTalk.net - Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum > Off Topic Section > Off-Topic Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TundraTalk.net - Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in