Privacy advice on a property - Page 7 - TundraTalk.net - Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #91 of 106 (permalink) Old 02-19-2018, 12:39 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Tiger, i’m Not sure I unserdtand the exact layout of property but...

Seems to me like you have a certified nutter, living next door. Don’t get violent, get smart and get him out.

Setup some children’s play stuff, play House, climber etc. put it near the area in question. If that doesn’t re-direct the neighbor’s LOF then go to step 2.

Put up a wall of plywood, throw some Bernie and Hilary posters on his side. Underneath the posters put some kid’s birthday party flyers.

Bullet holes will be there within a few hours, if not minutes!

Setup a fake birthday party.

The moment you see bullet holes, take down Hillary posters, leave bullet hole ridden party posters...call cops.

I mean technically he was shooting up a kids party. He’s not gonna be ignored by cops or anyone at that point.

Petition the cops to 5150 him for shooting up a kids party. I’d bet any money he has illegal firearms or ordinance in his home. Cops search that and Shazam ! Neighbor gets guns taken off him and a nice vacation at a local jail.

No sheriff dept. is gonna risk a potential school shooter going free, especially in this political climate.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to LightningBoy For This Useful Post:
Dim Sum (07-12-2018), Dragos28 (07-14-2018), Powertechn2 (02-19-2018)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 106 (permalink) Old 02-19-2018, 01:31 PM
He Has Risen!

Thanked 17,505 Times in 8,234 Posts
Mentioned: 109 Post(s)
Quoted: 3480 Post(s)
Garage
You're a fk'n nut job.
But a genius.
I like it.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RRzxter For This Useful Post:
Dragos28 (07-14-2018), Powertechn2 (02-19-2018)
post #93 of 106 (permalink) Old 02-19-2018, 01:41 PM
Premium Member

Thanked 37,108 Times in 18,755 Posts
Mentioned: 337 Post(s)
Tagged: 5 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9147 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigershark View Post
ToyotasForever,
we have no crazy laws like that thank goodness. 500 ft would severely limit the places to hunt LOL. I goose hunt in between 2 main roads and have for almost 20 years the only issue I have ever had is dropping a goose on the road and not hitting a vehicle LOL. There is a neighborhood with 600k+ houses right across the street from a farm I hunt. I hate it when I drop a goose and it sails to the entrance makes for an awkward retrieve

People routinely kill coyotes and deer from their back porch here in KY

You can't discharge a firearm recklessly or shoot a rifle or pistol without the appropriate backstop or you will be charged with wanton endangerment which is a felony here
So the coyote or deer has to be between your house and a back stop?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

First Gen Club Member # 23
Peanut Butter and JAM
post #94 of 106 (permalink) Old 02-19-2018, 07:09 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 137 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hicklebunny View Post
So the coyote or deer has to be between your house and a back stop?

No I meant for target practice, most responsible shooters use a backstop, whether it be a hill or something built when target practicing. I was just saying I know people who make safe shots off their back deck. There is only one part of my property that I would let anyone rifle hunt and they can only shoot in one direction because it is at a downward angle into the woods otherwise it wouldn't be safe unless they were pretty high up in a blind an I don't have any of those.
The wanton endangerment was meant to describe someone shooting a rifle recklessly whether it be up in the air or across a field they don't own.

Sorry for the confusion
post #95 of 106 (permalink) Old 06-28-2018, 11:18 AM
He Has Risen!

Garage
Sooooo,.......

did you let him run you off? Did you make friends? Did you shoot it out? Did you tell the stupid SOB that if he fires one more round across your bow, you'll string him up and cut him into pieces, starting with his feet?
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to RRzxter For This Useful Post:
Dim Sum (07-03-2018), Dragos28 (06-28-2018), RIjon (06-29-2018)
post #96 of 106 (permalink) Old 07-02-2018, 08:44 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Update, built a 9Ft fence this spring/late winter , he came out while I began the build we spoke longer than we ever have which was good, I explained my concerns about my family so I thought we were going to be good. My daughter and I went out a week later to start screwing the 16ft boards and he thought it was a good time to bust out his riding mower to mow and blow grass on us right next to the fence for an hour I think this was in March you know when the grass really starts to grow LOL. We had 2 snows in March. I'm not concerned about him any longer, my fence blocks the view of his place from all the way across the farm so it was worth it. I still have to see him on occasion when I mow beside the fence but he hasn't done anything and my wife and daughter feel safer with the fence. I only wish I had built it first before planting all my trees but oh well. It has withstood 60MPH winds and 75MPH straight line winds from a couple different storms so it seems like I did a pretty good job with constructing it. Now I have to stain it which should take a long time, its 300 ft long. Jury is still out on the guy but pretty sure he just wants to be left alone and that's what we are trying to do.
The Following User Says Thank You to Tigershark For This Useful Post:
RIjon (07-02-2018)
post #97 of 106 (permalink) Old 07-02-2018, 09:11 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Good to see you built the wall ( Fence) to block out seeing your annoying neighbor. Do you have motion sensor lights/cameras installed along the fence line to keep an eye on him in case he tries to sabotage/vandalize your fence? Sucks that you have to go through all of this as a new landowner.

You could setup a tundra meet like Knob Creek Machine Gun Day and show him you have lots of friends with toys :-)

Black 16'DC Tundra SR5/SR5 upgraded package acquired 4/15/16: NFAB W2W Nerf Bars, Truxedo LoPro bedcover, TRD rear sway bar, BedRug bed liner, 20% tint, BAM 8 Muffler system, TRD 18 OEM wheels. Fuel Mavericks 20s on Wildpeak AT3W. From Loudoun VA

Previous:93 FZJ-80, 97 4Runner SR5, 03 4Runner SR5 Sport

"Donít let yourself get attached to anything you are not willing to walk out on in 30 seconds flat if you feel the heat around the corner.Ē
The Following User Says Thank You to nova16tundra For This Useful Post:
RIjon (07-02-2018)
post #98 of 106 (permalink) Old 07-03-2018, 10:49 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Nova,
Most of my hunting buddies are current LEO and he knows it. No need to set up a shoot at this time. We have corn growing right up to within 10 ft of the property line on the long side so we can't even see our fence or him now the corn is around 8.5-9ft tall LOL. I have told him I will install cameras if I feel the need to but right now I think we are good. I did finally get electric this spring which coincidentally comes off his power pole next to property border. I had to dig about 2 ft onto his property for the Utility guys to hook it up. He didn't give me any problems he just walked out to see what I was doing. I hope and pray that things will be peaceful moving forward. He and his wife like to keep to themselves. I seriously doubt he would do something to try and destroy the fence short of explosives it would take a lot to bring it down. So far things are looking much better, we will hopefully build in a few years when our youngest gets out of school. Here is hoping for a peaceful relationship .
The Following User Says Thank You to Tigershark For This Useful Post:
RIjon (07-04-2018)
post #99 of 106 (permalink) Old 07-03-2018, 11:18 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Garage
We had some issues when we bought 5 acres to build on last year. Well, 2 years ago now...

The property sat at the end of a short road w/ houses lined down both sides of the road. Our 5 acres is in front of another 60 owned by an older gentleman.
Several of the home owners on the street had previously had permission to walk, ride bikes, hunt, the property. Others just went down there whenever they felt like it. For 20 years... (Property was raw, had never been touched).

So when I bought the property several of them came down when we started clearing. Telling me how they had permission to use it. I let them all know then that we had purchased the property and were clearing it to live on. And that I would appreciate them respecting our property and privacy.

Most understood, were pissed and still wont really speak to us, but they stay off the property. One other we had issues with his teenage son not complying. He would come down after we would leave for work and ride his bike through our freshly laid sod, go play with our dogs, etc.. He not once had bothered to come talk to us, or ask permission to see the dogs, etc... I had a no trespassing sign at the end of the driveway, which he rode right past on his bike.

I spoke with his father and asked him to tell his son not to trespass. He didnt seem to think anything was wrong with his son going to "see the neighbors dogs" (which are 150'+ off the road, and Behind our house mind you) and trespassing was a harsh word for a teenager... ??????????????????? I bet he'd feel different if I just walked in his backyard unannounced and without permission.

So now every time we drive by the kid flips me off. I had finally had enough of that and stopped one day and told him if he flipped me off one more time, I was going to talk to his father again.

I got a nasty email from the guy about 2 days later about how I was to never talk to his son..... And that his family would just act as if we didn't exist from now on since I made it clear I didn't want to be a friendly neighbor....

What a nut. All I wanted was respect and some privacy. And for people not to walk around my house when they felt like it. Got another neighbor that still dumps his yard clippings and old pumpkins across the line in the fall. When I clear that part of the property, I'm sure it's going to piss him off too.

2018 Tundra CM Limited 4x4
The Following User Says Thank You to polaris425 For This Useful Post:
RIjon (07-04-2018)
post #100 of 106 (permalink) Old 07-10-2018, 06:52 AM

Thanked 1,437 Times in 772 Posts
Quoted: 161 Post(s)
You need to step up your game...see if you can make the news

VIDEO | Elderly man arrested for attacking neighbor with weed wacker - WDRB 41 Louisville News

----
(SOLD) 2010 CrewMax SR5
post #101 of 106 (permalink) Old 07-10-2018, 09:38 AM
He Has Risen!

Garage
People are so impatient, unimaginative and short tempered.
There are so many ways to make your neighbor move, or at the very least, make their life a living hell.
All without saying a single word or having a cop called once.
post #102 of 106 (permalink) Old 07-11-2018, 10:18 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by planomateo View Post
that's crazy, that's actually not too far away. Those guys are messed up
post #103 of 106 (permalink) Old 07-12-2018, 08:18 AM

Thanked 11,509 Times in 3,265 Posts
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 323 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by LightningBoy View Post
Tiger, iím Not sure I unserdtand the exact layout of property but...

Seems to me like you have a certified nutter, living next door. Donít get violent, get smart and get him out.

Setup some childrenís play stuff, play House, climber etc. put it near the area in question. If that doesnít re-direct the neighborís LOF then go to step 2.

Put up a wall of plywood, throw some Bernie and Hilary posters on his side. Underneath the posters put some kidís birthday party flyers.

Bullet holes will be there within a few hours, if not minutes!

Setup a fake birthday party.

The moment you see bullet holes, take down Hillary posters, leave bullet hole ridden party posters...call cops.

I mean technically he was shooting up a kids party. Heís not gonna be ignored by cops or anyone at that point.

Petition the cops to 5150 him for shooting up a kids party. Iíd bet any money he has illegal firearms or ordinance in his home. Cops search that and Shazam ! Neighbor gets guns taken off him and a nice vacation at a local jail.

No sheriff dept. is gonna risk a potential school shooter going free, especially in this political climate.
This is seriously the best post I've ready on TT in many years. Absolutely awesome.

-Steve
2018 Ford F-250 Lariat Ultimate 6.7L, Bak Revolver X4, Bed Rug, Duraflap Mud Flaps
post #104 of 106 (permalink) Old 07-19-2018, 07:37 PM

Who the **** puts kids party posters between properties...come on. Don't be that guy...

If you have an issue, handle your business like a man.

----
(SOLD) 2010 CrewMax SR5
post #105 of 106 (permalink) Old 07-20-2018, 12:01 PM

LOL, I got a thumbs down. @#$#% move.

----
(SOLD) 2010 CrewMax SR5
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

TundraTalk.net - Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum > Member Area > Off-Topic Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TundraTalk.net - Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in