Post up your favorite cordless impact wrench - Page 2 - TundraTalk.net - Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of 40 (permalink) Old 09-18-2016, 08:08 AM
Premium Member

Thanked 4,579 Times in 2,662 Posts
Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1171 Post(s)
I have a Kobalt 20v lithium and a Snap on 1/2 drive. Kobalt is very good for the $$$

11 Tundra CM 4x4 TRD Offroad, Spruce Mica, Zone 3/1, 20x9 XD Black Hoss, 35x12.5x20 Nitto Trail Grappler, TRD Skidplate, Sunroof, Cold Weather Package, Clarion NX501 NAV/DVD, 2 DC Audio 10's, custom ported box, CT Sounds 1400.1D, XenonVision HID's, Plasmaglow Fire and Ice Light Bar, Rhino Liner Hardline, Tri-Fold Bedcover
The Following User Says Thank You to stroked383z For This Useful Post:
Mr. Creosote (09-18-2016)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 40 (permalink) Old 09-18-2016, 08:15 AM

Thanked 1,437 Times in 772 Posts
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 161 Post(s)
Milwaukee fan, agree with @Big Shasta on the rigid warranty.

----
(SOLD) 2010 CrewMax SR5
The Following User Says Thank You to planomateo For This Useful Post:
post #18 of 40 (permalink) Old 09-18-2016, 09:34 AM
Premium Member

Thanked 12,057 Times in 4,846 Posts
Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 412 Post(s)
This is a damn fine thread, guys. Now I wanna go buy some tools. Thanks.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

ASE Master Technician

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-
-

-
-
The Following User Says Thank You to socal57chevy For This Useful Post:
post #19 of 40 (permalink) Old 09-18-2016, 10:17 AM
Premium Member

Thanked 36,861 Times in 18,562 Posts
Mentioned: 336 Post(s)
Tagged: 5 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9052 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Shasta View Post
Hard to beat the lifetime warranty of Ridgid. Even batteries are included in the warranty.

Just make sure you buy from an authorized retailer to get the warranty.

I've driven 6" 3/8" lag bolts with this no problem. Even snapped off a couple. It's not the 700ft lbs of a Milwaukee but it's pretty damn tough.

https://www.ridgid.com/us/en/18v-hal...-impact-wrench

I've used that warranty twice with my 18v drill. Same problem both times, the Chuck gets stuck in place and won't open.
The Following User Says Thank You to Hicklebunny For This Useful Post:
post #20 of 40 (permalink) Old 09-18-2016, 10:22 AM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by socal57chevy View Post
This is a damn fine thread, guys. Now I wanna go buy some tools. Thanks.
If you are building a bird house, Ryobi is fine. If you are installing barn steel on walls or a roof, go with Milwaukee.
I've also had good luck with dewalt
post #21 of 40 (permalink) Old 09-18-2016, 10:34 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Garage
Good call on the Ridged. Make sure you register the warranty during the first 90 days. ridged turn down a warranty because I did not register it on time. Home Depot covered it for me.
Quote:
Hard to beat the lifetime warranty of Ridgid. Even batteries are included in the warranty.

Just make sure you buy from an authorized retailer to get the warranty.

I've driven 6" 3/8" lag bolts with this no problem. Even snapped off a couple. It's not the 700ft lbs of a Milwaukee but it's pretty damn tough.

https://www.ridgid.com/us/en/18v-hal...-impact-wrench

2006 SR5 DC - Sold
2016 SR5 DC - Running Boards - Tonneau Cover

The Following User Says Thank You to dtfm33 For This Useful Post:
post #22 of 40 (permalink) Old 09-18-2016, 11:09 AM

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 470 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hicklebunny View Post
If you are building a bird house, Ryobi is fine. If you are installing barn steel on walls or a roof, go with Milwaukee.

I always thought Ryobi was junk. I bought the 1/4" impact, and 1/2" drill combo when we bought our new house that we gutted. These tools are way better than the dewalts I always used prior. A lot of contractors in my area use them as well. They are not top of the line by any means but for the average person they are worth way more than they charge for them. I also have their cordless 18gage nailer and after 10,000 plus nails still going strong. One of my favorite tools. The 1/2" impact is new to me but from what I've seen so far it will be great

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Following User Says Thank You to mrmachinist For This Useful Post:
post #23 of 40 (permalink) Old 09-18-2016, 12:06 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmachinist View Post
Quote:

I always thought Ryobi was junk. I bought the 1/4" impact, and 1/2" drill combo when we bought our new house that we gutted. These tools are way better than the dewalts I always used prior. A lot of contractors in my area use them as well. They are not top of the line by any means but for the average person they are worth way more than they charge for them. I also have their cordless 18gage nailer and after 10,000 plus nails still going strong. One of my favorite tools. The 1/2" impact is new to me but from what I've seen so far it will be great

8 hours a day drilling screws through steel and wood will mean more battery changes than with a Milwaukee. If you only have two batteries then you will be in trouble, if you have four batteries then you will keep up with the Milwaukee.
post #24 of 40 (permalink) Old 09-18-2016, 12:13 PM
Banned

Thanked 1,329 Times in 402 Posts
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 92 Post(s)
Quote:
Built a barn using a milwaukee 1/4 inch for the sheet metal, 2500 screws was nothing for it. Drove the headers on the pole using a milwaukee 1/2" for 5 inch lags. It got hot and leaked some oil but did great. I have a dozen fuel 18v tools and they are all great.

Last edited by tundraman; 09-18-2016 at 12:18 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to tundraman For This Useful Post:
post #25 of 40 (permalink) Old 09-18-2016, 12:34 PM

Thanked 10,689 Times in 5,767 Posts
Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
Quoted: 1642 Post(s)
The Rigid warranty itself is good, but you have to kind of register it twice. First online, then have to send in receipt and upc code off box.

I missed the second step on one of my Rigids. Found out after installing E-track in a trailer. About 18 self drilling decking screws in it started to smoke. Bought another bare tool after they said no warranty. Was bummed. Still works, but not as strong.

I put the Laughter in Slaughter, and the Fun in funeral.
KTM 450xc QUAD, Baldwin head, Ti valves, 8/06 cam, motoworks, goldspeed tires...
Gone/not forgotten: 2010 CM RW that was sweet,
NOW: 2017 Platinum. Tinted, trd duals, Exo Grapplers. Led h-lights and interior, Hard hat tonneau, line-x, Rancho uca/level'd
I like weapons. I dont capitalize, use spell check, or punctuate properly...
and you can call me Power.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Powertechn2 For This Useful Post:
Mr. Creosote (09-18-2016), nvrgvup444 (09-18-2016)
post #26 of 40 (permalink) Old 09-18-2016, 01:02 PM

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 470 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
8 hours a day drilling screws through steel and wood will mean more battery changes than with a Milwaukee. If you only have two batteries then you will be in trouble, if you have four batteries then you will keep up with the Milwaukee.

You would be surprised at their capabilities especially with the bigger capacity batteries. Milwaukee is a better tool hands down but like I said, for the average person Ryobi is a great option.

The Following User Says Thank You to mrmachinist For This Useful Post:
post #27 of 40 (permalink) Old 09-18-2016, 10:00 PM
Premium Member

Thanked 8,082 Times in 4,096 Posts
Mentioned: 55 Post(s)
Quoted: 1887 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powertechn2 View Post
The Rigid warranty itself is good, but you have to kind of register it twice. First online, then have to send in receipt and upc code off box.

I missed the second step on one of my Rigids. Found out after installing E-track in a trailer. About 18 self drilling decking screws in it started to smoke. Bought another bare tool after they said no warranty. Was bummed. Still works, but not as strong.
negative...
I'm registered on a bunch of tools and I've never sent in anything

2012 Pearl White 4x4 Sequoia Platinum.

I drink a whiskey drink
I drink a vodka drink
and when I have to pee
I use the kitchen sink
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Big Shasta For This Useful Post:
Mr. Creosote (09-18-2016), nvrgvup444 (09-18-2016)
post #28 of 40 (permalink) Old 09-19-2016, 12:39 AM

Thanked 10,689 Times in 5,767 Posts
Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
Quoted: 1642 Post(s)
Quote:
negative...
I'm registered on a bunch of tools and I've never sent in anything
You may want to look at the fine print.

That is what got me.

When I bought mine, and registered it online, apparently that registered the original standard warranty. To get the lifetime service agreement/warranty, you had to actually send in the upc with a copy of the receipt.

That is what RIGID told me when I tried to get warranty service. They looked up my serial number and my info, and said as I failed to complete registration by sending in upc that I was out of the standard warranty period, and as I never registered for the lifetime, there was nothing they could do for me.

They may have changed it, hopefully they did, because I thought it was bullshit that they offered a lifetime warranty, but then you have to not only register it online, but then send in the upc and receipt within 90 days of purchase, or the lifetime deal is void.

I was rather pissed off and explained that it was shady of such a large company to have a lifetime service agreement listed right on the box, then have hoops to jump through to register for the lifetime after you already registered the tool for the standard warranty. I was told that was their policy and there was nothing they could do for me, and got an apology.

This was about a year ago. I ended up buying a bare tool on ebay for $25 to fix my issues.

Just for shits and giggles, I just logged in and it shows 3 year warrant for all my tools I registered. So, again, hopefully they changed their bs having to register separately for the lifetime.

Copied from RIGIDS SITE...

To accept the RIDGIDŽ Brand Lifetime Service Agreement, you must register your qualifying RIDGIDŽ Brand Hand Held Power Tool, Stationary Power Tool or Pneumatic Tool within 90 days after purchase. Register by logging on to www.ridgid.com/registration. Log into your personal account or, if you do not have one, create an account. Then click ‘Register New Product’. Include all qualifying RIDGID brand product information: complete model and serial numbers for each serialized piece of equipment, including batteries and chargers. If you don’t have access to the internet, enclose a letter with the following information: First name, last name, e-mail, date of birth, phone number, address, city, state, zip code, model number from package, and the model/serial number of all qualifying serialized tool(s), battery(s), and charger(s) if applicable. Then mail the online confirmation print out or the hand written letter with your original receipt (making a photo-copy of your receipt to keep for your records is recommended) to: RIDGIDŽ Service Dept.:LSA, PO Box 1427, Anderson, SC 29622 for processing and approval. Certified Mail is recommended.

When I bought mine, you could not print anything and had to cut the upc from the box, and mail it in with the receipt. This was according to RIGID. Guess they made it at least somewhat easier, but they still have the fine print.

https://register.ridgidpower.com/about_lsa

I put the Laughter in Slaughter, and the Fun in funeral.
KTM 450xc QUAD, Baldwin head, Ti valves, 8/06 cam, motoworks, goldspeed tires...
Gone/not forgotten: 2010 CM RW that was sweet,
NOW: 2017 Platinum. Tinted, trd duals, Exo Grapplers. Led h-lights and interior, Hard hat tonneau, line-x, Rancho uca/level'd
I like weapons. I dont capitalize, use spell check, or punctuate properly...
and you can call me Power.

Last edited by Powertechn2; 09-19-2016 at 12:50 AM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Powertechn2 For This Useful Post:
Jack McCarthy (09-22-2016), Mr. Creosote (09-19-2016)
post #29 of 40 (permalink) Old 09-19-2016, 06:02 AM
Premium Member

Thanked 8,082 Times in 4,096 Posts
Mentioned: 55 Post(s)
Quoted: 1887 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powertechn2 View Post
You may want to look at the fine print.

That is what got me.

When I bought mine, and registered it online, apparently that registered the original standard warranty. To get the lifetime service agreement/warranty, you had to actually send in the upc with a copy of the receipt.

That is what RIGID told me when I tried to get warranty service. They looked up my serial number and my info, and said as I failed to complete registration by sending in upc that I was out of the standard warranty period, and as I never registered for the lifetime, there was nothing they could do for me.

They may have changed it, hopefully they did, because I thought it was bullshit that they offered a lifetime warranty, but then you have to not only register it online, but then send in the upc and receipt within 90 days of purchase, or the lifetime deal is void.

I was rather pissed off and explained that it was shady of such a large company to have a lifetime service agreement listed right on the box, then have hoops to jump through to register for the lifetime after you already registered the tool for the standard warranty. I was told that was their policy and there was nothing they could do for me, and got an apology.

This was about a year ago. I ended up buying a bare tool on ebay for $25 to fix my issues.

Just for shits and giggles, I just logged in and it shows 3 year warrant for all my tools I registered. So, again, hopefully they changed their bs having to register separately for the lifetime.

Copied from RIGIDS SITE...

To accept the RIDGIDŽ Brand Lifetime Service Agreement, you must register your qualifying RIDGIDŽ Brand Hand Held Power Tool, Stationary Power Tool or Pneumatic Tool within 90 days after purchase. Register by logging on to www.ridgid.com/registration. Log into your personal account or, if you do not have one, create an account. Then click ‘Register New Product’. Include all qualifying RIDGID brand product information: complete model and serial numbers for each serialized piece of equipment, including batteries and chargers. If you don’t have access to the internet, enclose a letter with the following information: First name, last name, e-mail, date of birth, phone number, address, city, state, zip code, model number from package, and the model/serial number of all qualifying serialized tool(s), battery(s), and charger(s) if applicable. Then mail the online confirmation print out or the hand written letter with your original receipt (making a photo-copy of your receipt to keep for your records is recommended) to: RIDGIDŽ Service Dept.:LSA, PO Box 1427, Anderson, SC 29622 for processing and approval. Certified Mail is recommended.

When I bought mine, you could not print anything and had to cut the upc from the box, and mail it in with the receipt. This was according to RIGID. Guess they made it at least somewhat easier, but they still have the fine print.

https://register.ridgidpower.com/about_lsa
You had me worried. I logged in and checked. They are all listed as Lifetime. Then I went to the emails from when I registered the last one. I vaguely remember for the first ones I had to mail something in but not on the more recent ones. I have about 20 things listed with all the chargers and batteries.

Here's what the email says. Looks like you only have to mail if there is any question about the purchase.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ridgid1.JPG (65.4 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg ridgid2.JPG (23.1 KB, 10 views)

2012 Pearl White 4x4 Sequoia Platinum.

I drink a whiskey drink
I drink a vodka drink
and when I have to pee
I use the kitchen sink

Last edited by Big Shasta; 09-19-2016 at 06:10 AM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Big Shasta For This Useful Post:
Mr. Creosote (09-19-2016), Powertechn2 (09-19-2016)
post #30 of 40 (permalink) Old 09-19-2016, 02:50 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Garage
My Milwaukee has never let me down.

Ryan
2016 CM LTD TRD MGM
5100 Mid Setting w/ 1 Shim
275/70r18 Ridgegrapplers
Firestone Ride Rite's in the rear
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RyDane For This Useful Post:
lowspeed_highdrag (09-22-2016), Mr. Creosote (09-19-2016)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

TundraTalk.net - Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum > Member Area > Off-Topic Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TundraTalk.net - Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in