TundraTalk.net - Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum

TundraTalk.net - Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum (https://www.tundratalk.net/forums/)
-   Off-Topic Discussion (https://www.tundratalk.net/forums/off-topic-discussion/)
-   -   "Cable Cutting" - Getting rid of Cable/Satellite TV (https://www.tundratalk.net/forums/off-topic-discussion/453994-cable-cutting-getting-rid-cable-satellite-tv.html)

Dragos28 03-13-2019 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johnny 5 (Post 9428094)
Did your amazing elegant remote understand your Romanian accent or did you have to repeat yourself a few times?

it understood my eloquent ability to speak. sometimes i surprise myself.

MrMax 03-13-2019 09:00 AM

I'm a little late to this thread as I do not utilize this entire forum much. That said I cut the cord years ago and never looked back. Digital air antenna provides all the local content. Android Core 965 media Box custom loaded with a KODI media server and various Addon's to watch movies and TV show replays. PlayersKlub Subscription and Addon provide all national and international live streaming content. And of course Netflix which is a bit overkill at this point. Not including my Fiber Optic internet connection that I require for my home office anyway my monthly Home entertainment cost is around 25 USD.

purplenova 03-13-2019 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StevenD (Post 9427342)

After speaking (chatting) with one of their "Humans", looks like my bill is going up $10.00 bucks. Still cheaper than cable.

Directv Now = $48.15 going to $58.15 month (3 streams and DVR)
Prime TV = $119.00 year or $9.92 month
Netflix = $11.76 month

Total = $79.83 (for too many stations to possibly watch) Prime and Netflix may go away since we rarely watch those two.

Looks like, since Ive been with them from day 1, we get to keep our package (Go Big) at the reduced rate of $35.00 for 100 plus stations.
At last count it was around 118 I think. What started out as $35.00, went up $5.00 when they released the update for 2 streams and DVR.
I then purchased a 3rd stream for an additional $5.00 to make it $45.00 plus tax.

Anyone coming on board now will only have the two options available(Plus or Max) at the $50.00 or $70.00 price points. So we are still ahead of
the curve...lol, as long as the price flattens out.

Still better option than cable or satellite.

Jack McCarthy 03-13-2019 03:06 PM

Usually if I donít get something like a particular sports channel, Iíll walk to the pub at the end of my block and ask the owner to put the game on while I have a couple $2 16 oz drafts.

RRzxter 03-13-2019 03:12 PM

Does Direct tv have it's own infrastructure, or does it use the existing mostly cable infrastructure already in place?