Anybody live in Spokane, WA (or close by) - TundraTalk.net - Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-27-2015, 02:05 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 122 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Anybody live in Spokane, WA (or close by)

I have a job interview there next month. While I'm up there I am going to take a look around and see what the area is like. I also want to get peoples opinions on the area. I noticed real estate is pretty cheap compared to the rest of the state. Would be nice to get a couple acres. So, tell me what you think....

2014 Tundra SR5 magnetic gray
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-27-2015, 02:34 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 128 Post(s)
Where are you from? Hollywood?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

That's right... It's an 14' with a foot print gas pedal and a Hurst speed shifter with a pool-ball grip.
Build Log Here:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

14' Tundra 1794 Save The Chrome Club #46
02' Tundra Limited (Gone)
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-27-2015, 03:10 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
live in Denver right now

2014 Tundra SR5 magnetic gray
post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-27-2015, 03:21 PM

I live 150 miles from Spokane. I like the area and I hate crowded cities. I would imagine the weather is not much different than Denver. East side of the state is different politically and cheaper to live, maybe by half. Idaho is not far away either. Some live there and do the short commute. Traffic is pretty good there also. If you want land you can find it with no problem. Area is great for the outdoors man.

That's right... It's an 14' with a foot print gas pedal and a Hurst speed shifter with a pool-ball grip.
Build Log Here:

post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-27-2015, 03:49 PM
Premium Member

Thanked 1,872 Times in 1,172 Posts
Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Quoted: 679 Post(s)
Garage
I wish I could move back to that side of the state. The west side sucks. Too many people, and everything is ridiculously expensive. I would absolutely buy acreage over there if I had the chance.

2017 Ram 2500 Cummins Crew Cab

-2016 Toyota Tundra Platinum - SOLD
-Icon Stage 5/6 MT Suspension - For Sale
-18" Method Standards W/ 285/75R18 (35x11.5) Toyo AT2 Extremes For Sale

-2012 Toyota Tundra Rock Warrior D/C w/
a whole buncha crap.... SOLD!
post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-27-2015, 04:19 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
My g/f and I are both tired of the big city. Spokane seems like it would have all of the amenities a metro area would have, minus the insane amounts of people, traffic and other crap.
post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-27-2015, 04:23 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 43 Post(s)
I live around spokane, really nice area to live, rural, easy commute to anywhere, look around Mead / Mount spokane, and colbert area, beautiful country and great people, moved from seattle, love it here!

2014 DC SUPERWHITE TRD

Last edited by dan54; 01-28-2015 at 12:14 PM.
post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-27-2015, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood D View Post
My g/f and I are both tired of the big city. Spokane seems like it would have all of the amenities a metro area would have, minus the insane amounts of people, traffic and other crap.
Ya coming from a bigger city it will be much better. It's easy to get in and out of the busiest part of town in about 5-10 minutes.

Build Log Here:

post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-27-2015, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirte' View Post
Ya coming from a bigger city it will be much better. It's easy to get in and out of the busiest part of town in about 5-10 minutes.
sorry, not trying to be a pain, but realistically is more like 20-30 minutes for North to South end of town ! still have a little traffic, stop lights, ect... , 20-25 min each way is common, sometimes get luck and it is 20 min. or a shade less, but not usually.

2014 DC SUPERWHITE TRD

Last edited by dan54; 01-28-2015 at 12:08 PM.
post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-27-2015, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan54 View Post
sorry, not trying to be a pain, but realistically is more like 20-30 minutes for downtown town or valley to northside. but close ! still have traffic, stop lights, ect... I commute northside to valley every day, 20-25 min each way is common time frame, sometimes i get luck and it is 20 min. or a shade less, but not usually.
Ya I guess I was referring to hoping back on 90/395 back to Kennewick. Your right...If you are going North it does take longer. I would imagine if you want land it would be a minimum of 20 minutes from downtown. Spokane is getting a lot of Craft breweries as of late which is cool BTW.

Build Log Here:

post #11 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-27-2015, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Ya I guess I was referring to hoping back on 90/395 back to Kennewick. Your right...If you are going North it does take longer. I would imagine if you want land it would be a minimum of 20 minutes from downtown. Spokane is getting a lot of Craft breweries as of late which is cool BTW.
sorry, wasnt trying to undermine your comment. you are spot on with your comment. also, love the (local) craft beers . NO-LI is got to be one of the most popular best from spoko. love it. good stuff.

2014 DC SUPERWHITE TRD
post #12 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-27-2015, 05:21 PM

Quote:
also, how about them hawks! couldn't believe the hat trick the pulled off against GB. so excited for this weekend. Media day is here!!, looking forward to interviews tonight. all about that action boss!

Loving your hawk mobile, sweet! life long fan here, love old kenny easley, also #80 wasnt bad!!

2014 DC SUPERWHITE TRD
post #13 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-27-2015, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan54 View Post
sorry, wasnt trying to undermine your comment. you are spot on with your comment. also, love the (local) craft beers . NO-LI is got to be one of the most popular best from spoko. love it. good stuff.
No apology needed just trying to give a little info. You know better than I. Just went to No-Li a couple weeks ago. They are about the oldest that is still around from the Northern Lights days. Have any recommendations on some of the newer ones. Stinks about the Superbowl I happen to be working that evening so I'll have to figure out how to watch it.

Build Log Here:

post #14 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-27-2015, 05:58 PM

Yep, NO-LI is actually northern light, just changed name as they had conflict of interest as there was a company in NY area with same name, they said the name change was the best marking they could have asked for as there beer has grown in popularity significantly since the rebranding...

As for other local spoko beers, I really like Waddells brew pub & Grill, they brew some really amazing beers there! Also, the Steam plant grill brews are great as well. They have a jalapeno beer that is quite unique but damn tasty, great food too.

sucks you have to work during the SB, maybe record and hope someone doesn't spoil it for you?

2014 DC SUPERWHITE TRD

Last edited by dan54; 01-27-2015 at 06:18 PM.
post #15 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-27-2015, 06:16 PM

Quote:
No apology needed just trying to give a little info. You know better than I. Just went to No-Li a couple weeks ago. They are about the oldest that is still around from the Northern Lights days. Have any recommendations on some of the newer ones. Stinks about the Superbowl I happen to be working that evening so I'll have to figure out how to watch it.
also, alehouse is a decent bar/restaurant will a good selection of local and NW beers on tap.

2014 DC SUPERWHITE TRD
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

TundraTalk.net - Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum > Off Topic Section > Off-Topic Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TundraTalk.net - Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in