Anybody live in Spokane, WA (or close by) - Page 2 - TundraTalk.net - Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-27-2015, 06:20 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 43 Post(s)
also, some nice ski slops in the SPoko area, Switzer, silver, 49 degrees, to name a few...

2014 DC SUPERWHITE TRD
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-27-2015, 06:34 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 128 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dan54 View Post
Yep, NO-LI is actually northern light, just changed name as they had conflict of interest as there was a company in NY area with same name, they said the name change was the best marking they could have asked for as there beer has grown in popularity significantly since the rebranding...

As for other local spoko beers, I really like Waddells brew pub & Grill, they brew some really amazing beers there! Also, the Steam plant grill brews are great as well. They have a jalapeno beer that is quite unique but damn tasty, great food too.

sucks you have to work during the SB, maybe record and hope someone doesn't spoil it for you?
I will try the jalapeno beer sounds good. Never got around to Steam, looks cool though. Thanks! Been to Waddells a few years a go. We like Capone's in Coeur d'Alene "More taps than tables".

Sorry Hollywood D. Just giving you worthless info now! You can tell I enjoy Spokane.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

That's right... It's an 14' with a foot print gas pedal and a Hurst speed shifter with a pool-ball grip.
Build Log Here:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

14' Tundra 1794 Save The Chrome Club #46
02' Tundra Limited (Gone)
post #18 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-27-2015, 06:34 PM
nik

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Garage
I live in north Spokane. I have been many places around the country in the summer (Houston, Philly, Arizona, SoCal, Denver to name a few) and Spokane has easily the best summers anywhere. Very low humidity, it rarely gets over 100F and gets down to 60F even on the warmest nights, virtually no rain for 3-4 months, and the days are long as hell (I fish and I am on the water at 4AM in June/July and it's light). Also there are a ton of golf courses and lakes within 25-50 miles, and you're close to Ceour D' Alene which is one of the more beautiful and picturesque places in the US, in my opinion.

It's big enough to have pretty much everything but there's only 1 freeway (I90) so the traffic is just your standard city "wait through 2-3 red lights". If you live in Denver you would absolutely shit your pants laughing when people over here complain about traffic. Compared to Denver (worst traffic I have been in), the traffic in Spokane is a zero.

Really the only things I dislike are the winters which range from fairly mild to over 100 inches of snow, and the complete and total lack of culture, which as said above is getting better. If you love the outdoors and don't mind being a shut in during the winter, or perhaps you enjoy winter sports (several ski resorts within an hour or 2), this is an outstanding place to live and raise a family. Oh yeah and real estate is cheap as hell.
post #19 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-27-2015, 06:42 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 128 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by nik View Post
I live in north Spokane. I have been many places around the country in the summer (Houston, Philly, Arizona, SoCal, Denver to name a few) and Spokane has easily the best summers anywhere. Very low humidity, it rarely gets over 100F and gets down to 60F even on the warmest nights, virtually no rain for 3-4 months, and the days are long as hell (I fish and I am on the water at 4AM in June/July and it's light). Also there are a ton of golf courses and lakes within 25-50 miles, and you're close to Ceour D' Alene which is one of the more beautiful and picturesque places in the US, in my opinion.

It's big enough to have pretty much everything but there's only 1 freeway (I90) so the traffic is just your standard city "wait through 2-3 red lights". If you live in Denver you would absolutely shit your pants laughing when people over here complain about traffic. Compared to Denver (worst traffic I have been in), the traffic in Spokane is a zero.

Really the only things I dislike are the winters which range from fairly mild to over 100 inches of snow, and the complete and total lack of culture, which as said above is getting better. If you love the outdoors and don't mind being a shut in during the winter, or perhaps you enjoy winter sports (several ski resorts within an hour or 2), this is an outstanding place to live and raise a family. Oh yeah and real estate is cheap as hell.
I love Bass fishing up there. Funny I was thinking about the culture part. It really is getting better. We used to go to Spokane for one reason when I was a kid. The White Elephant.

That's right... It's an 14' with a foot print gas pedal and a Hurst speed shifter with a pool-ball grip.
Build Log Here:

14' Tundra 1794 Save The Chrome Club #46
02' Tundra Limited (Gone)
post #20 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-27-2015, 07:41 PM

Quote:

yea, we are warter folk, love skiing and boating, this area has a ton!! of lakes and bodies of water compared to most place in US. too bad our summer aren't longer

Sandpoint(Lake Pend Oreille) is also a really beautiful neat place, if were talking north idaho. love lake roosevelt / columbia has so many places to explore, find your own beach, ect... no houses to speak of on the water, one of the few places you can find were you can beach your boat and hang out almost anywhere.

camping and hiking are must for this area, endless places to explore, and thing to do. There are alot of nice places to visit, but PNW is a great place to call home!

2014 DC SUPERWHITE TRD
post #21 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-27-2015, 07:44 PM

Quote:

what part of the northside do you live?

2014 DC SUPERWHITE TRD
post #22 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-27-2015, 08:27 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 122 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Thanks for the fast info. No worries about the bar talk lol.

It sounded like the city took a hard hit during the recession but it's coming back pretty well now.

We were messing around and looking at property around deer park and chattaroy. But we would be commuting to spokane.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

TundraTalk.net - Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum > Off Topic Section > Off-Topic Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TundraTalk.net - Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in