Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

New TRD Sport Owner

1K views 12 replies 6 participants last post by  Marky Mark 
#1 ·
Hi from GA.

Traded in my 2005 FX4 F150 Supercrew. Loved that truck but the small things just kept popping up. It only had 83k miles. Bought Fords all my life, so this is my first Toyota. My parents have had Lexus's since '99 and had no issues.

Found a black 2011 TRD Sport locally and fell in love. Loved the color matched bumpers and lack of badges.

The 5.7 is awesome. Best engine I think I have ever had. 6 speed trans hunts a little more than I am used to with the 4 speeds.

Since there is no tow package I have 4.10's instead of 4.30's but honestly with this much power and RWD I am good.

I have done the whole heavy mod thing, I had a 500rwhp mustang daily driver with almost nothing stock and I learned a lot of lessons. One a DD should stay stock. :D

But since we all know no mods is no fun I have a short list.

Remove TRD sport stickers :banghead:
TRD exhaust
Pioneer head unit
Pioneer speakers
Toyota resin bumper Class III hitch (5000 lbs is good enough for me)

Possible list
Blackout Toyota logo on grille
BHLM
BTLM

Haven't cleaned it well enough for good pictures but I will try and post a few from my phone the day I got it.

See less See more
#5 ·
Welcome to TT from Southern Indiana! Truck looks good! You can't go wrong with the Sport Models!

#10 ·
I was surprised at my mpg in my 11 crewmax. All I'd heard about these trucks was how bad they were on gas. Good thing most of the peeps on here never owned a 70's, 80's, or 90's model ford (as I have) because their mpg's were way lover than my 11 Tundra.

Proud owner of a 2011 Barcelona Red Crewmax

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.