Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

2 New Tundras in 1 day..good story

1K views 10 replies 10 participants last post by  flashsplat 
#1 ·
Hey guys, funny story as I bought my first...and second...new Tundra in the same day.

I started out with this: White 4.6 DC 4X4, Cold-weather, tow, no bedliner

I've got a friend in the business so I went into negotiations knowing exactly where I needed to be price-wise on this truck. I got it home and all of sudden I noticed all these spots all over the paint! :eek: They were under the clearcoat and at the time I thought this thing had damage repair. I immediately took it back to the dealership and made a stink.

They were very understanding about it and didn't hassle me about swapping it for another. Thing is, this was the only 4.6 they had on the lot. I knew (hehe :D) that they had this on the lot but played dumb....Black 5.7 DC, cold weather, tow, bedliner

So when I asked to swap it they said they had nothing comparable for me. I said show me the black 5.7!..."ok but that truck is more money". Checked it out and I loved it! I stated that I NEEDED to be at the same exact price and payment and without much drama they agreed!

So I left the dealership with a 5.7 for 4.6 money. Very happy! Overall, I love the truck. That 5.7 is heaven. HATE the column shifter and radio placement though. Mods are coming. So anyways, hello guys!

See less See more
#3 ·
A couple people I talked to about it said the spots may have been moisture...probably from water getting trapped under the white protective vinyl. Maybe. But I'd hate to start out life on new vehicle with a problem.

#7 ·
Jealous!!!!!!!!!

#8 ·
good to see you went back and made the better choice! 5.7 is a boss motor, but column shifter you say? tisk tisk, 6 speed on the console is a better tranny, but damn! you sir pulled a fast one on your dealer lol, i will remeber that from now on as a story to swap at meets! welcome from Houston!!

#10 ·
It's a 6 speed on the column. Same transmission.

#9 ·
The spots are known as "rail dust". It is from metal particles landing on the truck during delivery and then the metal starts to rust on the paint. I had it all over my truck. Your lucky you got a replacement AND a bigger engine, my dealer just detailed the truck and gave it back to me. All the spots came out, but it is just always in the back of my head.. oh well shit happens!

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

#11 ·
Welcome!

I kinda had to pull one over on my Dealer too. I made them think I didn't really want the truck and they were bending over backwards for me to take it lol.. Walked out paying $22k which is $2k less than I payed for my Tacoma lol.. *shrug*

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.