Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

Not a Tundra Owner Yet...

556 views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  ToyBro 
#1 ·
Hi All, I am still undecided on whether I will be getting a used Tundra or going with a HD Diesel. Towing 8000lb travel trailer in summer and 2 place enclosed snowmobile trailer in winter. Doing my research on this website ...hoping to find out towing and differences in different years of Tundra's.
Cheers....

#3 · (Edited)
the snowmobile trailer no issues, the travel trailer you need to see what its actual weight is...

i am not trying to be a tow nazi, cause i hate them... but if your looking into a diesel you might as well make sure either you need it or dont need it. as others will say, if its 8000lbs then you add propane, clothes, the kitchen sink, a few neighbors, 3 optima yellow tops, and i guess 3 220 lb passengers ( kids, wife, and a few steaks to grill or somethin, im still unsure about the passenger weight tossed out there in towing figures) then you will be overweight lol...

at least your looking at diesel vs tunder and not gasser 3/4 vs tunder, cus the gasser only has higher weight capacity in the rear, and not really any more towing power at all, most likely less.

but i think it would do fine with less initial cost vs diesel and wayy less maint cost ( diesel oil changes alone can easily total 100 bucks depending on what oil u run, plus fuel filters... and the fact that due to emissions and exhaust fluid and....... diesels arent cheap anymore to operate)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.